Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

No Caption Provided

Welcome back to Let's Play! It's been quite a while since the last thread but it's time to get the ball rolling again. We'll keep it simple this time and stick to browser games.

Paper Moon

Play it here!
No Caption Provided
First up is Paper Moon, a charming game that crosses Paper Mario with Braid and mixes it with a hint Tim Burtonesque atmosphere. Pop scenery in and out of the 2D plane using the space bar to create a path or to kill enemies.

The game is held together with a vague storyline but it is a tad short so here's another game that you can give a go.

Don't Look Back

Play it here!
No Caption Provided
Don't Look Back is much harder than Paper Moon so it will give you a bit more playtime.

Don't Look Back is a modified retelling of the story of a Greek deity, Orpheus, as he tries to bring back his lost love, Eurydice. The ending of the game can be emotional or it could mean nothing as it leaves itself open to interpretation.

As is tradition with past Let's Plays, deeper discussion of game mechanics, design, and stories is encouraged along with any displays of skill and speed run times.

If you have any suggestions for the next Let's Play send them my way!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Paper moon sounds awesome. I'll be sure to check it out.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Damn! Why have I waited this long to check out this thread? Well better late than never...

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thedj93

played the second one already. on *whispers* addicting games! I went there. sorry

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thedj93

the first one messed me up big time. I didn't see the timer till i had only 5 seconds left. Weird. Music was great, graphics were amazing, gameplay was intriguing...I like it!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

Damn, didn't see this yesterday. Adding some bumpage, will definitely play when I get off work.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#7  Edited By JackiJinx

I had played part of Don't Look Back before, but never actually went through the whole thing. Until today, that is. Damn luck I made through most of that, and what a bizarre ending.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
JackiJinx said:
I had played part of Don't Look Back before, but never actually went through the whole thing. Until today, that ... [more]
I think my run through for Don't Look Back was about 65% luck around the last half. I really liked the eerie gasp sound the girl made. And, yeah, the ending was extremely bizarre but I thought about it and I have a few theories. I think that the ending signifies him letting go of his memories after finding peace with them and coming to the realization that he will never truly be able to bring back his Eurydice. Don't dwell (look back) on your memories and just trust that a part of the person you lost will stay with you.
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By danielkempster

God damn! When did Let's Play! make a comeback?! I used to love taking part in this, way back when Vaxadrin used to head it. I'll be sure to check these out. Like, right now.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

Paper moon looks cool, I'll give it a whirl. I've played the other one months ago and thought it was OK.

Ok, played the game and thought it was whatever.

BUT DUDE THIS GAME IS AWESOME YOU ROLL AROUND IN A JEEP AND RUN OVER A BUNCH OF DINOSOARS AND HIT THEM WITH A GIANT MACE!! http://blurst.com/raptor-safari/play

wtf
wtf

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Staff said:
Has been deleted..
The next Let's Play will have some longer, and hopefully awesomer and lesser known games. I just wanted to try to get everyone back on board first before doing that. If you have something that you think would be cool for it PM me and I'll throw it in.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#12  Edited By JackiJinx
@Dr_Feelgood38: Yeah, I can totally see that. Kinda has a title like You Have to Burn the Rope.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By mracoon

Don't look back was hard, especially the second part.