Play Rust with me.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@zeik said:

@viciousbearmauling: There's no way you believe that. I think there's only two possible stances you can have now. You either think the series is already dead or you think that game looks promising. I don't believe there is anyone on the planet who thinks the series was fine until now but that game will kill it.

I'm someone who has never been interested in any of the Lightning games (or FF for a while) but Versus had always looked awesome and looks great now as a proper FF game. I'm still very optimistic even if I don't get how the battle system is actually going to work (but it sure looks cool).

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh no, spare him from being a witness to the death of Final Fantasy....

Yeah, I'll have to play that won't I? I just have to see the conclusion to that nonsensical story. Here's hoping the gamplay is more fun than it looks

That game legitimately looks great and it's coming out real soon!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Darji

Games I have or will buy for January:

1. Broken Sword 5 Part 2
  2. Broken Age
  3. Might and Magic X legency
  4. Blackguards
  5. still hoping for trails in the sky for January if not a month later.

I will have enough to do^^

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been pretty dreary for a while that's for sure, but it always is around this time of year (except 2010, which was just crazy). Fortunately though once things kick off (which is early February if you ask me) it's gonna be one hell of a ride. Just gotta have some patience this month and then I doubt I'll have much free time before E3. That is if this March actually does remain as stacked as it is.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zeik: Oh it was a shambling corpse before Lightning Returns, the ending of that game just puts the last bullet in it's head.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can not even imagine being in a situation where I have less than 20 games that I'm interested in playing at any one time.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By emoney244

Actually it's a great time to catch up on unfinished games and my HUGE backlog. Currently going through Dragon Age Origins for the first time and loving it.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's plenty coming out for old consoles. PS4/X1 is a different story, besides Thief in Feb. , I don't think there's any other games coming out until March. But at least March is jam packed.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is what I like to call backlog season. Playing all the games I bought but never (really) played. Right now I'm playing Rayman: Origins, and after that I got Far Cry 3, Condemned, Just Cause 1+2, ICO, Vanquish, Bayonetta, plus a new episode of The Wolf Among Us should be coming out soon.

You gotta think outside of the box during a new release dry-spell. You can't rely on new releases all of the time, so look to the past and find some old games to play. There's enough of them to last a lifetime.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By medacris

If I were a game developer, I'd experiment with putting all of my games out in the "dead spots" where nothing much was being released, for lack of competition. Maybe I could see if I could reverse the trend and start making the dry-spell into a time period where a ton of people started releasing their games in January or early February instead. It'd be nice for a game to come out in early February around my birthday for once.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good! I have a ridiculous amount of games to play, some catch up time is really useful.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Janurary is clear for me so it's time to take care of the backlog, or at least a chunk of it. Once February hits it's time for Bravely Default, Fable Anniversary, and FFXIII-3.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure some smaller indie games are coming out between now and March (Don't Starve, maybe Mercenary Kings, maybe Daylight...) but people don't really count those anymore, I guess.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This happens every year. Now is the time for the backlog. Crysis HD, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and a replay of Mass Effect are on the agenda for the month.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually freaking out because I have too many games to finish by March.

Dead Rising 3

AC: Black Flag

Ni No Kuni

Kingdom Hearts HD Remix

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

There's just no time!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Nothing out until March? That's interesting considering I know I am getting Thief 4 in February...

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#68 gamer_152  Moderator

More and more games seem to be huddling up in narrower release windows, but with all the stuff that's come out over the past year and the Steam winter sale just gone, I have plenty of stuff to get through before I'm going to get bored.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam sales, man. I got some older titles I skipped over the holidays. Like Dishonored and Saints Row the Third. Those ought to keep me busy until the new stuff rolls out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you've played literally everything maybe you should play a beloved classic, or a multiplayer game, or go outside..

The world isn't over just because there isn't new stuff.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another stretch to catch up on my backlog I suppose.

It's what I've been working on. Having a good time chilling with some old titles I love too.

I just finished Halo 4 on Legendary playing solo. Shit guys, that game is hard.

There are just so many good games out there guys. I'm looking forward to finally playing Hitman Absolution (free on Plus ages ago) and Dishonored (picked up the GotY on boxing week) That and the going over old stuff will keep me plenty busy for a while. :)

Thinking about playing Fez again too. I hope Phil Fish comes back and makes another game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

On the console subscription services they drip-feed you games. It's working well for me at the moment and should last me for a long time, I can't keep up with all the games I am getting.

But one question needs to be answered, what happens to the dog watchers? The watchers of dogs. The watch dogs. The dog with the watch. The lady and the tramp. The poodle with the schnitzel. The cat with the meow. The doge and the wowsers. The mewgenics. These are the questions that need to be answered if you want to see your family again. crazy crazy. Deprived of games, rocking in the corner, shivering, murmuring something-something not enough compelling interactive experiences.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I always get bummed around now in terms of game releases as well, especially thanks to the new consoles.

I realize we are early adopters but it is a little saddening to see the dust gather on these new boxes.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still need to finish Infinite and The Last of Us. I can't even listen to the GOTY stuff for fear of spoilers.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyguys: I'm in the same boat. I'm expecting The Last of Us to turn up from Amazon within the next day or so. I've put the goty podcasts off because I know for a fact Last of Us will be discussed in detail. I did listen to day one though, and wanted to carry on but had to restrain myself haha

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost my Witcher saves so I'm taking this opportunity to replay Witcher and Witcher 2 so I'll be ready to do the save game import thing with Witcher 3 later this year. I thought about snagging a save off the internet, but I've got the time and could use a story refresher anyway so what the hell.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

This shit blows my mind. How could anyone ever run out of games to play? So many come out every year I have a backlog as fat as my ass.

Playing Ni Nu No No right now, along with SMG (old, yeah) and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, and Resogun, and Killzone, and Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed. Oh and Warframe... Dyad, Borderlands 2, DmC and maybe I will download Don't Starve today.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: well I either beat all the games ages ago or don't have a ps4.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By altairre

@viciousbearmauling said:

@zeik: Oh it was a shambling corpse before Lightning Returns, the ending of that game just puts the last bullet in it's head.

I played about 25 hours of FFXIII before I decided that I dislike all of the characters and that the story makes no fucking sense and stopped. That's my only experience with the Final Fantasy series so far but when I saw that ending to Lightning Returns I couldn't stop myself from laughing at how stupid it is. I have nearly no knowledge about the events preceding it or FF in general and even I know that it is super dumb. That's kind of an achievement.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

I think its healthy to find other hobbies outside of videogames, because there's no way you've beaten every game and do other things besides gaming.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

That's what Hearthstone is for.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@jz said:

lol homie.

It was an example. That list is like 0.1% of games released. Whatever consoles/PC you have, there are games left for you to play, whether they came out in 2013 or prior. Give me a break!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mostly just want Octodad

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JZ

@counterclockwork87: that is true, I have little else that fills my time. I download fatal frame 3 off of psn today and started that. Only fatal frame I have not played.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: or you do what I did and play like 2 or 3 hours of each game in your backlog and find out you fucking hate half of them.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with that. Need time to catch up on my backlog.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@jz: Sadly I have discovered several of them to be duds and that has started to happen. Not all of them, but there are several that made me think WTF was I thinking.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: i bought dead space 3 months ago and finally got around to playing like 2 days ago. I really liked the first 2 but after 3 hours of the new one, I thought to myself "this is awful, why am I playing it."

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Isn't Broken Age coming out this month?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is making me want to pick up a ps3 again (mine died) plus is going to take some time on ps4 to get going, but I look at all the free stuff on ps3 and some stuff I missed and it really makes me want to pick that system up

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like there's never a bad time for games because my backlog is ever expanding.

Anyway, regarding Dark Souls 2, is it releasing simultaneously on PC? That's where I'd prefer to play it, but dammit I don't want to wait either.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got a bunch of 3ds games on sale (Fire Emblem, Zelda Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default) to tide me over. I'm also playing AC IV the Vinny way so that's gonna last me a while. I unfortunately also got back into World of Warcraft and enjoying the post cataclysm re-done questlines.

So I'll be good waiting for Dark Souls 2.

Also man, does Titanfall come out the same day as Dark Souls? Well sorry Titanfall I got me priorities.