Mascot

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero

I have a project that I'm doing and I decided to do it on video gaming.

The main Idea is "the choice is yours".  I would like to have the one character that generally represents each Main gaming platform.

Xbox is obviously Master Chief.
Nintendo is obviously Mario.
When I think of PC gaming, I think of Gordon Freeman

Where I'm stuck, is PlayStation.  There are plenty of characters on every platform, but for sony, it's difficult to think of just one.  I could have gone and said Snake, but he has been multiplatform. Although I do first think of him with sony.

What Sony character do you think best represents the PlayStation and the goal they have in mind for gaming?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very much!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

In the early days PlayStations mascot was obviously Crash Bandicoot. But things have changed, and Crash is multiplat (and now sucks), and since then sony haven't really had a mascot. The first person that jumps to mind is Snake, but he's multiplat too. He started off on the NES, and has had games on the gamecube and xbox. Maybe sackboy. He's mascoty material, but he's relatively new, we probably need to see where the LBP series is going before we declare him the mascot. So in short - I don't know.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

You could use Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, LBP (now sorta) ...you could use Kratos as well. There are plenty of different characters who could be considered mascots for Sony, but I will likely think of Jak & Daxter #1 personally.

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rorschach
TimesHero said:

When I think of PC gaming, I think of Gordon Freeman

Where I'm stuck, is PlayStation.  There are plenty of characters on every platform, but for sony, it's difficult to think of just one.  I could have gone and said Snake, but he has been multiplatform. 
If you won't use Snake, i'd say SackBoy for PS, but for the reasons that you disqualify Snake, Gordon Freeman  and MC should be DQ'd too. I mean, Halo has been on the PC, The Metal Gear series has been on XBOX, and Gordon Freeman has been on XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3 and god knows what else via Half-Life 2 and the Orange Box. A mascot, in my mind doesn't need to be exclusive, just representative. Stick with Mario,  Mater Chief, Gordon Freeman, and Snake. We'll all be the better for it.