#1  Edited By TheVatican
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Duke_Lion

I bought Mass effect on steam a few weeks ago for about 20 bucks.  I could not stop playing it.  I loved it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

That's just Biowares game design in general. It's something they've kinda always done, and improved upon. No one else works specifically like they do, so these things and the way they are put into their games are mostly just a Bioware thing specifically.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Duke_Lion

This is why TOR is going to be Rockin.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By adam_grif

Black Holes and Revelations is a great album, but not as great as Origin of Symmetry and Absolution.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By atejas
TheVatican said:

1-Dialogue.

As awesome as Fallout 3 is, the dialogue system in that game is just antiquated. Usually I just read the text and then choose an option, cause I feel no inclanation to do so. Mass Effect on the other hand, just presented general ideas of your responses, and I would usually wait till the dialogue ended, since I felt like it was a real conversation.

A system that clearly pointed out good/neutral/evil responses as opposed to a simple, but functional, system?
Nah.
GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTCknight

Mass Effect is easily one of the best RPGs around. My only problem is that dammed randomly generating items system the game has. And while I know why its there it still pisses me off.

RogueBomber12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By RogueBomber12

Why do no games use the dialogue system of Mass Effect, it is the most believable interactive way to communicate in any game I have played.

JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JDM006

I thought Mass Effect was a pretty awesome game.  I'm not a huge fan of the RPG genre, but I found the gameplay and story for this game intriguing enough to complete it which is more than I can say for a more recent game (*cough* Fallout 3).   The only thing I wasn't too keen on was that the side quests were not as interesting as completing quests pertaining to the main story.  After the end credits rolled (BTW the song played during the end credits was awesome) I did not feel the urge to go back and see what I had missed.  But overall this is a really good game and I will definitely play the sequel when it comes out.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3 have the best atmosphere in games I've ever seen.

You lost me there.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hexpane
TheVatican said:
"

Mass Effect is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games of our generation. Excellent story, graphics, combat, and atmosphere. Here are some things developers should, from Mass Effect, make standard in their games.

1-Dialogue.

As awesome as Fallout 3 is, the dialogue system in that game is just antiquated. Usually I just read the text and then choose an option, cause I feel no inclanation to do so. Mass Effect on the other hand, just presented general ideas of your responses, and I would usually wait till the dialogue ended, since I felt like it was a real conversation.

2-Atmosphere.

Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3 have the best atmosphere in games I've ever seen. Rapture looked incredible and felt real, Mass Effect just presented its universe in a believable way, and Fallout 3's world just felt desperate. No other games have done that, with maybe the exceptions of the Metroid Prime series.

3-Don't do DLC like this.

Yeah, of course the universe will be expanded through DLC, the gap will bridged, blah blah blah. None of thats happened. Please don't promise tons of DLC and then not come through.

4-Sex. Yeah I went there.

If you feel like you have to do sex in games, do it like Mass Effect (ha ha get it? DO IT?). I'm glad there hasn't been a trend have the big-breasted women of games (what's up with that anyways?) have sex all over the place. In Mass Effect it wasn't explicit, just steamy, and you didn't feel that awkward.

Please, developers, follow this game's awesomeness. Please.

What are your guy's thoughts on these topics? How awesome is Mass Effect? Comments appreciated!

"
Have you played any other Bioware games?  What they did in ME is a lot like what they've been doing for a long time now.  Personally I don't think it gets any better than BG:SoA/ToB but KOTOR 1 was close
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

adam_grif said:
"Black Holes and Revelations is a great album, but not as great as Origin of Symmetry and Absolution."
I'm going to disagree.  Absolution, aside from Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome, feels really generic to me.  I believe Muse finally came into their own with Black Holes and Revelations (although the track "Starlight" sounds way too much like a Linkin Park song). 

Haha.  Anyway. 

What did I learn from Mass Effect? 

That a game should NEVER HAVE ELEVATOR RIDES.  GODDAMN. 
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i really like mass effect but it mostly made me want a KoToR 3 :P