Micheal Vick for Madden 2012 cover?!

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

EA you've gotta be kidding me. Of all the athletes from the entire NFL to choose from ,one of the possible canadates you come up with is Micheal Vick?

First of all let me go on to say yes I know this isn't a final descision and no I don't watch football or play any of the Madden sports games. But I do pay attention to the news and what's going on in the world and the only reason I even know of an athlete is either because they sell themselves out so much they wind up on every TV show ,commercial ,billboard ,website ,movie, and magazine. Or if they've committed a crime that's got the news' attention. Which happens quite a lot sadly enough.
But what Micheal Vick did wasn't just another gun or drug charge a lot of these dudes get slapped with ,no this sick muther fucker tortured and killed helpless dogs. Oh and this wasn't just some little hobby oh no. The bastard was involved with a whole operation and was making money off this horrible shit.

Now that I've brought you up to speed I think you all can understand when I say ,what in the holy hell is EA even thinking letting this sick asshole even be a canidate for the cover of what has mostly been a well known game in a main stream franchise?!
As it stands now Vick is currently one of the choices fans can vote for on ESPN's website. But really the fact he's even eligible is fucking horrible. Sure there are folks out there that say he's changes his ways ,served his time ,and paid his dues. Should he really still suffer redicule for what he did. In my honest opinion yes he should. Come to think of it I belive he got off the hook too easy. Micheal Vick is an unforgivable bastard and has no right to have the honor many greater athletes have had before him.

I feel I should also calirfy that I'm not some animal purest or anything. I eat meat ,I support wild game hunting ,fishing ,and experimentation on lab animals is perfectly fine. But I am a dog lover. I have a pet st. bernard/chocolate lab mix named Buster and I love him.

But anyway ,what are your thoughts on this folks?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

Hasn't he already been on the cover of a Madden game?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

I never really pay attention to the cover stars, I probably would have never noticed if I hadn't read this.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Vextroid

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was buying this game and placing it next to multiple copys of Nintendogs?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Hasn't he already been on the cover of a Madden game? "
Yeah, I think it was 04.
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sarge1445

ok you do know he served a longer sentance then normal for said crime and he has gone on to change his ways and he served his time get over it.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skytylz

He served his time, I'm fine with it.  Donte' Stallworth killed somebody and he's back  in the NFL, but no one made a big deal about that.  Anyone that thinks any animal's life is more important than a human has some priority issues.  By the way, Stallworth got one month in prison.  

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By James_ex_machina

I only care about who's on the cover of 2k11....

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sarge1445

also I voted for peyton hillis out of the guys that are left

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

But he was already the target of the Madden curse, does EA want to kill him or something? 

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sarge1445

theres 4 dudes left to vote for adrian peterson peyton hillis aaron rogers and mike vick dont like vick vont against him i voted for hillis and vick for the final 2

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SlightConfuse

he was on the cover of madden 04

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Marz

He did his time in jail.  Not like he got a slap on the wrist for it.   He's still a fairly an amazing athlete and one of the best players the NFL has right now.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skytylz
@James_ex_machina said:
" I only care about who's on the cover of 2k11.... "
Is there going to be one!  The 2k football games were always way better than Madden in my experience!
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Pibo47

Vick paid his due's. I think he has earned his chance. What he did was fucked. Totally fucked. But still, its pointless to put him in prison if we dont let he at least to redeem himself.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKlorox

OJ or bust

thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thor

I think your moral outrage is slightly misplaced.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ricetopher

America: Where celebrities aren't allowed any sort of forgiveness by the public.

It's because of this judgmental high-horse bullshit that we lost Gatorade Tiger.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I wanna say that the basketball games had convicted rapists on the cover but I don't pay attention to enough sports games to know.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunkulese
@Atary77 said:
" EA you've gotta be kidding me. Of all the athletes from the entire NFL to choose from ,one of the possible canadates you come up with is Micheal Vick?First of all let me go on to say yes I know this isn't a final descision and no I don't watch football or play any of the Madden sports games. But I do pay attention to the news and what's going on in the world and the only reason I even know of an athlete is either because they sell themselves out so much they wind up on every TV show ,commercial ,billboard ,website ,movie, and magazine. Or if they've committed a crime that's got the news' attention. Which happens quite a lot sadly enough. But what Micheal Vick did wasn't just another gun or drug charge a lot of these dudes get slapped with ,no this sick muther fucker tortured and killed helpless dogs. Oh and this wasn't just some little hobby oh no. The bastard was involved with a whole operation and was making money off this horrible shit.Now that I've brought you up to speed I think you all can understand when I say ,what in the holy hell is EA even thinking letting this sick asshole even be a canidate for the cover of what has mostly been a well known game in a main stream franchise?!As it stands now Vick is currently one of the choices fans can vote for on ESPN's website. But really the fact he's even eligible is fucking horrible. Sure there are folks out there that say he's changes his ways ,served his time ,and paid his dues. Should he really still suffer redicule for what he did. In my honest opinion yes he should. Come to think of it I belive he got off the hook too easy. Micheal Vick is an unforgivable bastard and has no right to have the honor many greater athletes have had before him.I feel I should also calirfy that I'm not some animal purest or anything. I eat meat ,I support wild game hunting ,fishing ,and experimentation on lab animals is perfectly fine. But I am a dog lover. I have a pet st. bernard/chocolate lab mix named Buster and I love him.But anyway ,what are your thoughts on this folks? "
What a fucking hypocrite. So you think torturing helpless animals is fine as long as people aren't betting on it? What exactly do you think they do to lab animals?

wyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wyld

If you hate Vick so bad  then you should vote for him.  That way the Curse can get him and you win....
InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InsidiousTuna
@Atary77: The world of dog-fighting is totally fucked up, and anyone engaging in that stuff gets into some heinous shit. But Vick did do time and take responsibility for his actions. He was released under more scrutiny and with more opposition than any other player in the league, and he put up one of the season's best performances. People have received higher awards despite having committed more heinous acts. As far as individual performances go, yeah, he's probably one of the top three or four that deserve to be on the cover.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I hate how people think that serving some time in jail makes up for him killing a bunch of innocent dogs.

Fuck Michael Vick.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeffsekai

Fuck everything about that douchebag being allowed to play in the NFL.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By smitty86

Yeah. Vick should have to be raped by thousands of dogs before being executed on national tv. *sarcasm*

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uniform

I think there's more deserving players. This has nothing to do with the wrongdoing in Vick's past. While quite a standout player last season, he was hardly "the best". He had a few standout performances, most notably embarrassing the Giants, but looking at the the season as a whole, he was hardly worthy of runner up MVP of the league.  There was several standout players I'd put ahead of Mr. Vick. Whatever. Congrats to him on the cover.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Claude

I voted for Aaron Rodgers, but I don't have a problem with Michael Vick being on the cover. He served his sentence, and I believe in second chances.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainCody

Get the fuck over it, you still see TIger Woods all over PGA don't you? It's a game about football, not about drama.
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By N7
@CaptainCody said:
" Get the fuck over it, you still see TIger Woods all over PGA don't you? It's a game about football, not about drama. "
That's what the internet is for. :P
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Daveyo520
@FrankCanada97: That was before the whole dog killing thing became public.
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By masternater27

At least he wasn't charged with not one, but two counts of murder and only got off because he testified against the 2 other people ala Ray Lewis 2004's cover athlete/criminal.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By soldierg654342

You know, I was going to type up a post about forgiving versus lionizing, but I realized after thinking about it that most of the complaints that I have to level against Vick and the way the public is treating him are hardly exclusive to him. 

But really, there are bigger things about the Madden series to get upset over than who's on the cover. 

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Karkarov

You guys are funny, Michael Vick hasn't "gotten over" anything.  I live near Va Tech and when the dude still played there you got weekly news updates about him getting busted for carrying a gun, drunk in public, DUI's, and on and on.  The dude is a great athlete sure, but he is also a grade A scum bag who probably only regrets getting caught.

bkfountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bkfountain

as people have said, there's notable players in the nfl that have actually killed human beings with no prison time, yet Vick gets all the heat. He's been a good citizen so far and generally sounds remorseful of his actions. He's an interesting redemption story that's also playing far better than when he was an overhyped average QB in Atlanta.

It's interesting if EA has the balls to do it though, given how they backed off marketing Tiger Woods as the focus of their golf franchise.
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By salad10203

He has publicly apologized and served 2 years in jail.  For those of us who aren't perfect and often need redemption, he is quite a role model (which is why he is getting votes.)

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By yetiantics

@OP

...U mad?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

He might be on the cover because he played amazingly last year, pretty simple

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iam3green

meh, o well. i don't think he should be on the cover but still.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By nickux

I really don't care what Vick did nor do I care if he's on the cover of Madden. Part of the deal we've made with society is that if you go to jail you get to repay your debt to the world. Dude did his time as far as I'm concerned. But I'm probably in the minority here because I have a real tough time caring that much about Vick's crimes. It usually drives me crazy how people get so up in arms about animals while there are kids around the world either starving, being abused, or worse. That's usually the cause I get all huffy about. Either way, sports are boring so I don't watch them or play them in real life & video game form.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By recroulette

Vick served his time, what's the big deal.

And as much as society hates when people do wrong, we LOOOOVE our stars and celebrities.
Just look at the Masters on Sunday when Tiger Woods was making a run early in the round. All that personal stuff was forgotten.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By jakob187
@Vextroid said:
" Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was buying this game and placing it next to multiple copys of Nintendogs? "
Genius.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By toowalrus

I'm cool with it.

TheMeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheMeat

How epic would it be if Rodgers was on the cover doing the title belt pose?  Make it happen.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SquirrelGOD
@salad10203 said:
" He has publicly apologized and served 2 years in jail.  For those of us who aren't perfect and often need redemption, he is quite a role model (which is why he is getting votes.) "
Pretty much this.  I love how so many video games are stories about people looking for some sort of redemption, and here we have a person who actually is, in real life, trying to seek out just that, and all these dorks are just screaming "HE ISN'T ACTUALLY SORRY!  HE'S SCUM!"  Yeah, asshole, I'm sure that you know exactly what's going on in the head of a man who you only know about from an article you skimmed over 2 years back.