Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

@HarrySound said:

"
Sure,why not? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bInZ7_y4Lw 
 Personaly I think they completely nailed the art work.  Perhaps it's time Monkey Island's Monkeyverse had change in direction for the new generation.  "

You obviously didn't read the credits. It is the real 2D artwork, they simply projected it into the 3D environment in realtime. 

It looks OK, It's very atmospheric, lighting effects and water look great using CryEngine, it's well suited for creating these kind of environments, as well as being very flexible also.  

I definitely want to see the real thing one day, but far far better. It has to be the right direction for the franchise.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By vidiot
@Linkyshinks said:
"  

@HarrySound said:
"
Sure,why not? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bInZ7_y4Lw 
 Personaly I think they completely nailed the art work.  Perhaps it's time Monkey Island's Monkeyverse had change in direction for the new generation.  "
You obviously didn't read the credits. It is the real 2D artwork, they simply projected it into the 3D environment in realtime.  It looks OK, It's very atmospheric, lighting effects and water look great using CryEngine, it's well suited for creating these kind of environments, as well as being very flexible also.   I definitely want to see the real thing one day, but far far better. It has to be the right direction for the franchise. "

His first video was exclusively using this technique via Voodoo with Maya. It states in the youtube description of this video that while he used Voodoo again to do 2D art projection, it's quite clear that he went in with Maya and fleshed out the models so they could be imported into CryEngine. 

Regardless the end result is all manner of awesome.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Tordah

Wow, that was fantastic!

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers