More Co-op In Games?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Baillie

I have came to a stage in my gaming life where I don't enjoy playing games myself. 

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not one of these people who think games are better with a multi player component, I too try to imagine Bioshock 2 with multiplayer, and why it's really needed. However, a co-operative element is exactly what I would like. Whether it's like Call of Duty: World At War or Halo 3 where the co-op players are only there during game play, and the game focuses on the one protagonist in the story. On the other hand co-op games like Resident Evil 5 always have another player with you, whether it's AI or a friend you've got a partner. 

I enjoy both of these game play mechanics and I enjoy games much more when I'm playing with friends, I just wish developers would implement this more in their games, I know most of my friends would prefer if they did too. I for one think it makes games more approachable and enjoyable, others may completely disagree.  

Also, one thing that really annoys me with games that have co-op functionality is the achievements. So many games force you to play them by yourself to unlock them. Why? I prefer playing the game with friends, why do they push me to play myself to get these certain achievements? It's nothing big, but it's something that does annoy me. 

So, what's your view on the subject?     

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Yes please.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

doesnt interest me that much... im all for Single Player. and Multiplayer in specific games like Battlefield or Call of Duty

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Baillie

The only game in recent memory to really hook me with the single player component was Batman: Arkham Asylum, great game. Although, I would have still liked to see some co-operative play, perhaps with the challenge maps where two or more players had to disband a group of joker's henchmen in a coordinated manner, or try to accumulate a large combo against a horde of henchman. Simple things like these would be very welcome in my mind.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't like when games have co-op in them. i like to play my games alone. one thing that i didn't like about resident evil 5 was they made u have a partner. the AI are usually horrible like they get in the way and they die. i think that developers should put in co-op and have the ability to unlock achievements.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

As long as it is not poorly implemented or thrown in as an afterthought, I am all for more co-op in games.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yakov456

I'm the opposite. If there was not one more co-op mode implemented in a game, it would not affect me at all.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cazamalos

i like the co-op side missions (resistance 2, uncharted 2), coz some game's campaign aren't as god with 3 friends than playing it alone (halo:ODST, bioshock), but also they are pretty good games to play co-op campaign (halo 1,2,3) 

what i really hate is when publishers demand the developers make some multiplier competitive that is totally unnecessary (Riddick, and maybe Bioshock 2)

dancingphlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By dancingphlower

What I hate is when there is co-op in a game, but it's online only. If my friend is over, and we want to play this co-op game, should I really have to send him home to do that?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No.  I have no interest for co-op at all.  When I play a video game, I either want to be playing all by myself or if other people have to be involved, it has to be confrontational in nature.  I can see how co-op can be very fun with friends, though.

happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By happyfatman

I have always been a single-player guy, but I have just recently begun to value co-op in games.  Though, if a game is going to have co-op, it would be nice to have 4 player local rather than just 2 player.  Take Borderlands for example: I was so excited to be able to play that game together with my friends, but then I found out that it's only 2 player local co-op.  That takes half the fun out of playing with my friends.  It's the same way with Left 4 Dead.  I wish we could all play together at the same time without having to alternate.  I think it would be more fun that way.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGremp

I like co-op based games, but not just co-op IN games. 

Meaning, I like games that are built around the concept of Co-op (L4D, Castle Crashers) but don't like games that just kinda throw them in as an afterthought. (Fable 2, Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy)

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Yes please. "
tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By tactis

I love co-op and yeah basically for most FPS or TPS games i prefer them to have co-op because I prefer to play them with a friend I also would love if they just included four player split screen online like halo 3 does as a standard feature for every shooter i am not sure if that's a technical limitation or something but its pretty annoying that the only game me and 3 other friends can play together over xbox live with other people is halo 3.

However there are still games that I enjoy playing single player, perfect examples include Assasins Creed, Batman Arkham Asylum co-op would add nothing to those games imo. 

Anyway not to diss Modern Warfare 2 too much because I am gonna buy it  but really in this day and age I am finding it hard to believe they arent making their game co-op or making their multiplayer able to bring guests over.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By delta_ass

Only if it's done well. For example, Halo ODST co-op in campaign or firefight is great. Rainbow Six Vegas... Gears of War... Left 4 Dead... all great.

But co-op in Resident Evil 5 is terrible, because it completely cripples the singleplayer campaign.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jonnyboy

I really don't like single player. Much prefer Splitscreen or online co-op. I like the fact the game's dynamic is different per teammates.  

Avatar image for picktons_woodchippr
PicKtoNs_WoodChippR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampire Rain Co-op. pl0z