Name A Game That You Think Has A Annoying Online Community.

• 61 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Recently I was playing Payday The Heist on ps3. I swear I hate most of the people playing online. Everytime there's a person with a mic they would talk shit. They would bitch about me not using a mic. They would get butt-hurt if I didn't help them, or say mean things just for fun. I do have a mic but I mainly don't use it.

Because alot of times when I use it. I end up getting alot of pricks saying racial slurs at me, and I usually try to be friendly and have fun playing the game. But when people start disrespecting me I'll get pissed. I'll get pissed to the point where the game feels ruined and I stop having fun.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Can't say. The only two games whose online communities I've encountered (Frozen Synapse and Team Fortress 2) have actually been good. The Frozen Synapse people were helpful with my issues with the game (namely not being able to play it) and the people I played Team Fortress 2 with used the chat for things productive to the game. Strategies and stuff, man.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Call of Nah, I'm going to say Counter Strike. Not all of them, but a large number of them freak out when someone who hasn't been playing obsessively for ten plus years gets on and isn't that great at the game yet. The game's fun, sure, but I hear a lot of guys blaming all of the losses on one player every now and then. I usually land slap in the middle of the scores so it isn't me, but I do find myself annoyed when everyone blames one guy for making us lose. It's just such a hard community to get into, though I imagine someone's going to quote me and go "Oh, no, CS is tame compared to ____!"

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The last game I played online was Counter Strike: Source. The community kind of depends on the server. Some servers are full of nice people, some are full of pricks, so I guess Counter Strike: Source is both the best and worst online community for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No but I'll name one with an annoying community. I find WoW to have a really bitchy community but it's mostly due to just the sheer size of it. I should expect a group to be unhappy with every patch just because of how many people play the game but still. Just fucking shut up and deal with it. I don't even care about the game being made to easy or to hard anymore I just want both parties to stop acting like entitled children. Also a lot of people in it suck, but, eh internet.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

Wait, no one has mentioned a MOBA yet? I'm surprised.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

The most annoying one for me was the L4D/L4D 2 folks. It's impossible to have a good PUG game of L4D because they always quit out the second they fall one match behind or they play long enough to play as zombies then quit. Back when I had a large group of folks on my Steam list to play with nightly L4D was my favourite game going, but without them it's just no fun.

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Demokk

- Heroes of Newerth

- DOTA 2

- World of Warcraft

- Diablo III

My current top picks.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Worst community I've experienced was for Metal Gear Online. There were some serious d-bags playing that!!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax

It'd be hard to pick a game that has the overall worst community, since it's largely based on personal experience.

Recently, I've had trouble with the F1 2011 online players, since the vast majority will only crash into people during races. That's not fun at all!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Animasta

it's probably harder to find one that doesn't have an annoying online community honestly

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mandude

@believer258 said:

Call of Nah, I'm going to say Counter Strike. Not all of them, but a large number of them freak out when someone who hasn't been playing obsessively for ten plus years gets on and isn't that great at the game yet. The game's fun, sure, but I hear a lot of guys blaming all of the losses on one player every now and then. I usually land slap in the middle of the scores so it isn't me, but I do find myself annoyed when everyone blames one guy for making us lose. It's just such a hard community to get into, though I imagine someone's going to quote me and go "Oh, no, CS is tame compared to ____!"

I think this is one of the main reasons I usually stay away from multiplayer. Even in MMOs people will rarely party with you if your skillset isn't perfect or you've never done what you're about to do 100 times before. I guess it's really only a problem with long running ones.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pw2566ch

League of Legends. I'm not kidding, I'm beginning to think that there are rules against having new people on that game. When I first played that game, I don't know how many times I was reported for "feeding". C'MON PEOPLE! I only died twice.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By Lazyaza

I can't think of any particular game but I find the moba and fighting game communities to be especially bad in my experiences.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By awesomeusername

I'll be that guy and say.... any game on PS3 I play. About 50% of the time, people with a mic are assholes. Only game I used to argue with people was in CoD4 when I played it because people were annoying assholes/pricks. It was not only kids, adults were pricks too. I'm talking 30 year olds cursing people out because they can. I don't really play with my PS Eye on anymore unless I'm with friends so I just curse people out without it. Yupp, I yell at my t.v.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FreakAche

Any first person shooter ever.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

@Ninja_Welshman said:

Worst community I've experienced was for Metal Gear Online. There were some serious d-bags playing that!!

I know how you feel. I've encountered alot of assholes playing MGS online too.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By herocide

@pw2566ch said:

League of Legends. I'm not kidding, I'm beginning to think that there are rules against having new people on that game. When I first played that game, I don't know how many times I was reported for "feeding". C'MON PEOPLE! I only died twice.

Yeah I've never seen so many mad people since I played Modern Warfare 2. I've gotten better at League though so people don't get mad at me nearly as much, but there are always some people that just want to whine.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmilingPig

All of them.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pw2566ch said:

Oh man I know how you feel. All MOBA communities are like that. If you havn't been playing the game since launch you might as well not be playing at all because all your going to do is "build wrong" and "feed" and then get reported.

And people wonder why I don't like MOBAs.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Casey25

@pw2566ch: Oh god, the League of Legends community.

I picked the game up a couple of months ago, and it seemed like most of the community was out to troll, harass, or just generally make my experience painful from about Level 1 until around Level 20. I met around a dozen people who were actually very nice people, plenty of people who were fine and not at all unpleasant, but to this day where I'm rank 30, normal draft pick is still a shit hole of people blaming teammates for their shortcomings and just generally being uncooperative.

LoL has THE worst community (in normal draft pick, at least) I have ever encountered, and I've played my fair share of online multiplayer games.

Fortunately, i've learned to not take negative and abrasive people on the internet seriously, and i realize sometimes they're just trolling. It also helps that I actually know what I'm doing now. I still love the game, too, so i try not to let them get in the way of fun (which can be hard in a team game, though).

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joeyoe31

World of Warcraft because kids.

League of Legends because of different languages and the fact that it's free to play.

Dota 2 because everyone is an elitist that hops on the chance to call you an idiot.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By falserelic

What doe's MOBA means?

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CaptainCody

@Cloudenvy said:

Wait, no one has mentioned a MOBA yet? I'm surprised.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joeyoe31

@falserelic: Massively Online Battle Arena. Other wise known as a Dota style game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Milkman

Better question: name a game that you think has a good community.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falserelic

@Joeyoe31 said:

@falserelic: Massively Online Battle Arena. Other wise known as a Dota style game.

Thanks for letting me know.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By falserelic

@Milkman said:

Better question: name a game that you think has a good community.

Haven't seen to many good community's. Just the ignorant one's.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hatking

Giant Bomb

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By PixelPrinny

Final Fantasy VII circa 1997

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Most annoying community? Pretty much any PS3 co-op game. For some reason the PS3 attracts so many assholes who just feel the need to play co-op with you and be generally very annoying.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By apathylad

I've gotten the most angry comments from Gears of War. Coincidentally, I'm not great at that game, either.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I really hate the League of Legends community. As someone who ADMITTED being a noob, I found zero help, and just everyone freaking out and cussing at me threatening to rape my mother. You know, just like every other game online.

The difference, is I really wanted to learn how to play. Oh well.

Fighting games online are funny too, like this:

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chrissedoff

Dota All-Stars has the most unaccommodating community in history, I am certain.

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erk_Forever

@crusader8463 said:

The most annoying one for me was the L4D/L4D 2 folks. It's impossible to have a good PUG game of L4D because they always quit out the second they fall one match behind or they play long enough to play as zombies then quit. Back when I had a large group of folks on my Steam list to play with nightly L4D was my favourite game going, but without them it's just no fun.

My friends and I had to join a ladder just to have a decent match; we would usually get through the first act and the other team would be gone.

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FoolishChaos

Left 4 Dead. I love that game, and my friends love that game, but it can be really hard to find other players that aren't elitist assholes or just assholes.

But at least I can still play that game. Every time I think about getting into a LoL or HoN, I talk myself out of it because I don't really want to go through the bullshit with the community. I want to see how feasible it would be to gather 9 other complete newbies and just play with them until we are decent. I could see that being a ton of fun.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pikawai

Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition online community is one of the worst I've seen so far (admittedly I have only tried a few), whenever you won against someone, you should expect a PM with insults and such.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By ventilaator

Every MOBA ever. If you play one, you're probably scum. Not to generalize, but there's a pretty good chance you are a horrible piece of shit.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World of Warcraft, League of Legends, most other moba and mmo's are largely the same.

I dislike fighting games because people disconnect when they lose, I don't like shooters because people camp or go mental in chat.

Hell, the only community in a game that I ever really liked (and still do) is the Lord of the Rings Online.
Lots of bad experiences with nearly all other online games.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Heltom92

@Skyfire543 said:

@pw2566ch said:

Oh man I know how you feel. All MOBA communities are like that. If you havn't been playing the game since launch you might as well not be playing at all because all your going to do is "build wrong" and "feed" and then get reported.

And people wonder why I don't like MOBAs.

Yea I've heard lots of stories about the people who play MOBAs and they are the reason why I will never, ever try one.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shirogane

@Bobby_The_Great: Well....about 90% of the people who admit to being noob seem to be trolling. Then again, the lower levels of that game are full of the most horrible people ever, who have made alt accounts just to troll and be assholes.

@HatKing: Didn't know we had a game? I wonder what genre it is. I bet it's got lots of explosions huh?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cookiemonster

@Bobby_The_Great said:

I really hate the League of Legends community. As someone who ADMITTED being a noob, I found zero help, and just everyone freaking out and cussing at me threatening to rape my mother. You know, just like every other game online.

That was...wow, haha. Some people really are odd.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ramone

Almost every game ever

LOZZAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By LOZZAT

The larger the online base, the higher the likelihood of running into dicks, really.

Also the more seriously people take a game, the more likely they will be dicks to people who are struggling with it or are new to it.

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By priorityseven

@SmilingPig said:

All of them.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By falserelic

@Pikawai said:

Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition online community is one of the worst I've seen so far (admittedly I have only tried a few), whenever you won against someone, you should expect a PM with insults and such.

LOL! samething happen to me while playing street fighter 3rd strike. Now and then when I kick someones ass badly they get bitchy. I remember one time a guy called me a cheating faggot asshole, and told me to go find another life to ruin. I told him by sending me this message only shows how much of a sensitive bitch you truly are. Then he spams me with messages to the point I had to block him. Thinking about it I had a good laugh that day.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By falserelic

@Bobby_The_Great said:

Its funny how that guy complains about the other guy using smoke, and yet he's playing as scorpion. 1 of the most easiest characters to play as in the game. I remember quickly trading in MK because I got annoyed by the online community. People love to spam attacks and talk shit in that game.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By XenoNick

@Bobby_The_Great said:

You get called a pussy for using smoke. Yet he tries to do a loop on you in the corner. Glad I never really got into MK online.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Inb4 Every Halo and CoD game..?

Also, Gears of War 3.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points