Nazi Zombie mode on Call of Duty World at War is pretty awesome

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MadExponent

I've gotta say, I had low expectations going into the Nazi Zombies mode.  Once you beat the campaign in WAW, you get to play this mode.  The airplane epilogue on COD4 was pretty fun and challenging, but they've been outdone here by Treyarch.

First off, don't bother playing alone.  You may get to level 5 before dying.  Go to co-op in the main menu and choose Nazi Zombies mode.  There you can get into a group of 4 to take on Nazi undead.  Make sure everyone has a headset, because it's very hard to get far without everyone communicating.

Ok, enough about the process of playing.  Nazi Zombies is just plain fun.  It's challenging, scary (in a dawn of the dead kinda way), and downright entertaining.  I'm sure L4D has a more defined playmode, but as a simple add on to CODWAW, it's very appreciated.  I think I may spend more time playing Nazi Zombies than I will MP.

You have to protect your base from zombies trying to break in, you can buy guns and open new areas by using money received from dropping the totenkopf's  The game gets harder and harder.  It's kinda like playing Geometry wars in that, once you get to a high enough level, you really have to watch yourself.  The only difference between those games and this, is that it's Multiplayer.  It takes a really skilled team to get far in the game.  I got to level 16 with a pretty good group last night.

Like I said, my expectations were extremely LOW when I first started playing it, then playing with 3 team mates gave me a level of fun that I haven't had in a while.  Definitely good, I've read posts of haters, and they haven't played it.  You need to play this mode.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

looks promising  though it does not seem original

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I'd like to try it, but this campaign is pretty tough to swallow - I just dont really like it at all (Aside from the sniping level)...maybe it'll get better I guess.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

I played some....its ok but honestly, after playing Left 4 Dead , it feels downright boring to me...and its so fucking easy.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Glad to hear it, im doing war on multiplayer for a while, but as soon as i get round ot playing the singleplayer through, im gonna whore zombie mode :D - already have l4d predownloaded on steam but im looking forward to this zombie war as well

God i love zombies
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I'd like to try it, but this campaign is pretty tough to swallow - I just dont really like it at all (Aside from the sniping level)...maybe it'll get better I guess."
if you play Far Cry 2 's monotonous levels for 2 hours   ...........then you will worship all the other shooters
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MadExponent
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I'd like to try it, but this campaign is pretty tough to swallow - I just dont really like it at all (Aside from the sniping level)...maybe it'll get better I guess."

The campaign is no COD4, I will say that.  When you start flaming people with the flamethrower, thats pretty fun.  Once you beat it you will be pleased.  The last few levels of the Russian campaign are pretty good if you care about the subject matter.  I.E. Russians pretty much slaughtering the Germans out of revenge.  The American campaign feels very bland, I'm not gonna lie.
MaverickSEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MaverickSEY

is there any way to play 4 player offline with 4 people on one system?

AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AttackedCamo

It's fun if you have some friends with you. If you don't have friends playing with you the mode is just down right boring.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Gunner
MaverickSEY said:
"is there any way to play 4 player offline with 4 people on one system?"
Don't see why not. Unless treyarch really is that retarded.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90
MaverickSEY said:
"is there any way to play 4 player offline with 4 people on one system?"
2 player offline
 4 player online only.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well I`m getting L4D in 20 mins, but this does look like a cool little mini-game if you didn`t own it.

MaverickSEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaverickSEY

as far as i can tell treyarch really is that retarded, unless someone has figured out 4 player offline,i'm stuck

Rudders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rudders666

Listen people. First off Nazi Zombies is awesome (for any doubters).

Secondly, surely the best and indeed only option to play 4 players offline is system linking two xbox's and playing as two lots of two on two screens back to back or side by side.

I'm trying this tonight so i'll keep you posted. Obviously you'll need two tv's, two xbox's, a link cable (which womes with all xbox's anyway and plugs into the network port) and lastly two copies of the game. Happ undead Nazi slaughtering :)

Rudders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rudders666

Well i've tried out the linking of xbox's and apparently system link will only let you play one on one in any mode, which is ridiculous if you ask me! Why you can't play nazi zombies with more than two of you on two xbox's no less is beyond me! A major oversight! An even larger oversight of course is the fact that you can't even play against each other on more than one on one on two system linked xbox's! It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen or heard of! This has slipped from being an awesome game to simply a good game in my opinion. Must try harder!

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Riddler

play Left 4 dead

Rudders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rudders666

Got Left 4 Dead. Crackin game, could've made it look a lot better though. Almost like a step back from next gen graphics which is a bit of a shame

Avatar image for cult_of_cthulhu
Cult_of_Cthulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Cult_of_Cthulhu

I am finding it such a grind to finish the campaign. I started on the hardest setting then gave up dropped it back to 2nd hardest and it's doing my head in, theres just oo many places where you can't even tell what is killing you. Still I guess it will be worth it.

majorfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By majorfan

OMFG OMFG OMFG i cant seem to express my feelings for this game and how much it pissis me off so much

this if a good game and i real liked it especally the sniper leve (snipers are my fav)
buy omg i loved playing the nazi zombie mini game with my friend and bro i'v goten to lv 15 2 player with my bro and lv 12 with my friend and it was awsome
but we wanted to see how far we can go if all 3 of us played together so i got my friend ( the one that owned the Xbox 360) a new controller so we went to get it hooked up and we all logined in and got ready to play JUST TO FOND OUT THAT WE CAN'T so i have been surfing the net to try and find out if we can

so if any one can tell me how we can play it with more than 2 people offline i will du unmechinable things for you

oh and if you cant i think it's a fucking conspericy  so when they come out with and up dated verstion every one will buy it even though they have it  but the updated veartion NZ mini game can be played with more than just 2 players

and i read some where that we can play beacuse  it is only split screen but this is so fucking gey that they let you play 4 player maches against echother but you cant play the mini game with 4 players that so FUCKING GEY

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Left 4 Dead defecates on Treyarch and it's poor attempt to make an above average shooter with a zombie mode tacked on.

JonnyRico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JonnyRico

Dude's, there is a way to play nazi zombies with 4 players OFFLINE.  Its kind of a pain in the ass but worth it, ok this is how it works: first you'll need a system link, then ( each of the 4 players ) will have to have their OWN PROFILES, on each profile you will have to beat the campain SOLO, CO OP will not work!!!  And thats it, connect the two 360's and fuckN rage.

SYNYST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SYNYST3R

Couldn't You just copy the saved game to another device instead of playing all the way through? would that work?

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scorched

looks pretty awesome

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Ferginator4k

Its pretty good but i much prefer Left 4 Dead when it comes to zombie slaying

DoctorWhoFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DoctorWhoFTW

What the hell, my sister and dad are playing Nazi zombies and I've looked EVERYWHERE for a way to play 3 player split screen without having an XBox, which is really lame. Please, someone keep my head from exploding and help?