Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Lava

I found this while looking through today's GDC09 news:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22867

Then I checked out the console's site:
http://www.zeeboinc.com/

"Meet Zeebo™, the entertainment platform that brings the fun and excitement of interactive 3D gaming and education to tomorrow’s consumers. Using technologies such as wireless game delivery, Zeebo fundamentally alters the economics of interactive entertainment in the developing world, opening a vast new opportunity for users and content providers. "

Looks interesting and I'd like to see how this new console stands up to the current big three.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I just bought a PS3, and I own the 360 and the Wii.  I can't afford another damnit!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Ooh, wireless game delivery, eh? So it's like, Satellaview? This should turn out good... Though I do like 3D gaming.

Edit: NO, in fact, I'm gonna call it right now. Zeebo will fail harder than The POP Station.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

Cool, no.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lava
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I just bought a PS3, and I own the 360 and the Wii.  I can't afford another damnit!"
Haha, I know! I'm sticking to my PS3 and Wii, it's just interesting to see another console emerging.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
TooWalrus said:
"Ooh, wireless game delivery, eh? So it's like, Satellaview? This should turn out good... Though I do like 3D gaming."
We'll have to see though. If it has some interesting and unique games, it could turn out to be pretty good.
Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lava

If the games are simple and satisfying and cheap like it says they will be, it could turn out to be a huge hit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Damn I was just about to post this, this console is a neat idea, I'd like to see where it goes.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lava
Bucketdeth said:
"Damn I was just about to post this, this console is a neat idea, I'd like to see where it goes."
I too want to see where it goes. It could be a huge "casual gaming" hit.
Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lava

I personally think this is not getting enough attention. Probably because it is not a main stream company that is coming out with a console. It appears that this is this companies first console.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Godwind

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3236

I don't think they are coming to where mainstream gaming is but rather where the market isn't taken up.  Plus the console is less powerful than a PS2, perhaps even a Gamecube.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ParanoidFreak

This console looks like it could fail, badly. It looks about as powerful as a PS2, with no marketing at all.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By danielkempster
Lava said:
"Meet Zeebo™, the entertainment platform that brings the fun and excitement of interactive 3D gaming and education to tomorrow’s consumers."
This is why Zeebo will fail.
Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Snuffy

It doesn't even seem like they're coming to countries such as America or UK, but to countries where Wii and PS3 haven't even been released such as Brazil.  If they're lucky they may succeed in those countries, but who knows.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar

Yeah, I'll stick to my ps3

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva

It's actually not meant to be a competition at all to modern consoles. It's meant for emerging countrie's consumers, who can not afford a current gen videogame, or do not even follow the current trends to know about them. And it's garanteed against piracy, the major problems in coutries such as mine.

There's a chance it might not be succesful because of one thing: the cost. It's more expensive than a ps2, and almost everyone here have a moded ps2 to run pirate games. But it's an interesting initiave, anything that can change how the market currently is here, is great news to me.

I don't know if the article said, but most of the games it'll support are old gen games we have all played. Maybe it'll open up to minor developers, but I don't know about that.
So, all of you saying you'll stick to your current consoles, and that you can't afford a new one. Don't worry, it's not meant to you.

Funny how now I see this news everywhere. This console wasn't a secret, it had been revealed quite some time ago. It was even discussed here in the GB foruns.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By NickM

YAY!!! The Phantom's legacy lives on

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By yorro

All titles available are already on the PS2. So what's new?

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Kiemoe

It's just a way to bring gaming to poorer people and countries, not that big of a deal. Good for them though. Obviously none of us will probably see it ever because we all live in countries where gaming has set in. Anyways, everyone should get a chance to play Tekken and Quake.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

Everything about that sounds stupid. Education, economics, mentioning 3D graphics about 14 years after 3D was the huge thing...