new content on giantbomb you would like too see?

• 84 results
mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

A weekly video game history lecture, presented by Professor Jeffrey Gerstmann. Where a historically important game, maybe connected to that particular week is played and its importance in video game history is discussed.

Dan vs Food, a video series where Dan is introduced to food that is weird to him.

A series in which Alex with Vinny as his witty sidekick plays the worst game ever for our entertainment.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Seikenfreak

- Random PC game seemed great but probably wouldn't be the same without Dave. But there are just so many random PC games out there that it feels like wasted potential.

- I'd like something that has Jeff and probably Brad talking about an old game and what it was like around the time that game came out, what it meant, and looking back at their reviews of it or something. Educational sort of. Like Bombastica I guess? Definitely more often and with two people. Broader discussion. Jeff just has a wealth of knowledge and its fascinating hearing about the behind the scenes stuff surrounding a games release. Brad seems to know his shit as well.

- A big multi-hour premium video where they play other games in a franchise or series prior to the release of a new one. For example the recent Alien Isolation. There are apparently a bunch of Alien games and I don't know anything about them. It would be interesting if say, the week before the release of Alien Isolation, they went through and sampled some of the previous games and reflected on them. This could be done with so many different series.

- A series where Jason plays fighting games with Jeff. Anything from famous stuff to the most obscure weird random crap. They critique it and talk about its history etc.

- An annual Giant Bomb tournament. A set of games are picked by someone not participating, and the staff face off against each other through eliminations and eventually there is a winner.

- I still want to see the one where Jeff has to blind taste test and identify a bunch of different fast food burgers.

Love Vinny and Alex but not sure if I have any ideas that they haven't already said they want to do or whatever.

My personal extra: I always imagined that if I were a staff member, I would love to have a show around racing games because I have that knowledge and passion in games and in real life. I play random racing games and discuss what I think. Also do events with the community like pick a game, a course, and a car and do the best I can do on the show and the community can try to beat the time or whatever. Maybe prizes. Probably call it Test & Tune or something corny. No one currently on staff is really that into racing games though and doesn't know enough about real cars etc so that wouldn't work now.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Mario party is the correct answer.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

Survival Run - Drew recruits 3 others to fly a dynamic campaign in DCS (...or any sim with a dynamic campaign generator) and if you die in the game YOU DIE FOR REAL...meaning, you're no longer allowed to continue the campaign until the mission is accomplished or, the more likely scenario, everyone dies before completion.

A Day in the Life - The crew plays "life mods" ( Altis Life from Arma 3 ) together. These life mods tend to be a great resource for improvised comedy and that's something the GB crew have been good at. look no further then their Arma 3 quick look. If it says, "Simulation" on the box, it reads, "Dark Comedy" to the Giant Bomb crew.

Scrub Leagues - I liked the tournament stuff they did with Pac-Man and Mortal Combat so i'd like to see more of it and even extend it to pinball machines.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By 49th

Some kind of monday video from the office where the guys mention what might appear on the site that week and discuss things for 5-10 minutes.

They could call it... Monday Preview. I would love mondays if they did this.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'll happily take any way we can get more Vinny.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd like to see a daily, episodic playthrough of a longish classic game with one guy playing and the other guy along for the ride and comments. They should call it something like a "Stamina Sprint" or "Tenacity Dash"...

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan seriously trying to play DOTA with Brad as his guide.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Post mortems with developers.

I realize this would be super difficult to find scenarios where developers could speak freely about projects without feeling worried about repercussions, but even hearing stories about non-dramatic development situations is super interesting.

FCDRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want reverse-TANG, where someone plays exclusively movie tie-in games.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By Trilogy

Something with Vinny in it. I really miss him not being on the bombcast. I've been trying to think of another way they could have him on a podcast. Maybe a giant beastcast with Vinny, Alex, and...2 others? Not sure whose else they could do it with.

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ExiledVip3r

The easy answer would be some kind of regular Vinny related content, preferably something that has him interacting in some way with people other than just Alex. Not that I don't like the Vinny/Alex dynamic, they've been great, just hopefully now that he's moved that isn't the only dynamic.

I've enjoyed Metal Gear Scanlon, but I'd like to see something from more inside what could be considered Drew's wheelhouse like Flight Club was. Some kind of regular series featuring hardcore simulators or Eastern European game.

The continuation of Dan and his Dad Play.

Dan & Brad's Anime Review Theatre.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see Rorie go back and show off some older PC titles. Things that you can get on GOG that may have influenced the big games of today. Every once in a while a vintage PC game may pop up in UPF but I'd like to take a deeper look into the best PC games of yesteryear.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logical sequel to the Rollercoaster video where Jeff and Dan skydive while playing mario.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

On the street interviews. You need permits and such to film on the street (probably), but maybe four times a year they could go to "Fisherman Wharf" (let's just say that for the sake of argument) to interview people about games.

WAIT! Stop the presses! How about Jeff and Dan do a quicklook of Battlefield Hardline (the cop & robber one) on Alcatraz Island! They might even get the park service to lock them in a cell for filming...that would be cool, right?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

- A big multi-hour premium video where they play other games in a franchise or series prior to the release of a new one. For example the recent Alien Isolation. There are apparently a bunch of Alien games and I don't know anything about them. It would be interesting if say, the week before the release of Alien Isolation, they went through and sampled some of the previous games and reflected on them. This could be done with so many different series.

- An annual Giant Bomb tournament. A set of games are picked by someone not participating, and the staff face off against each other through eliminations and eventually there is a winner.

These two so much! They did some retrospectives (for Mortal Kombat and Dungeon Siege) which were pretty awesome.

And the annual tournament should have something on the line. For example, Game Informer had the Super Replay Showdowns where each participant was playing to get the game they wanted in the next Super Replay.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BelowStupid

Back when the site first started Jeff mentioned that they talked about having timelines in the wiki. So it would tell you on 4/11/2011 was the day that Charlie Tunoku moved to Inaba in Persona 4, I'd like the see them play a historically significant games on the anniversary of the games release, or if the game starts in the "future" within the games timeline, (MGS4 came out in 2008 but took place in 2014) something like that.

I don't like it when they do boardgames. I justify watching the guys play video games for hours on end because I love playing games and want to see them for purchasing advice, or education on old games. But just the thought of watching people play boardgames for hours on end puts me in a DEEP existential crisis.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad mentioned on a podcast a couple weeks ago that it'd be cool if they fired up a LAN game of Quake 3 or some such. Jeff and Dan seemed pretty into the idea, so I'd love to see that.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By GValo

I wouldn't mind the return of TNT. If they don't want to do it weekly, do a stream once a month where they play the best multiplayer games that came out that month.

More spoilercast stuff like the MGS4 podcast or the stream where Vinny finished Bioshock: Infinite while the others talked about it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I realize this would be super difficult to find scenarios where developers could speak freely about projects without feeling worried about repercussions, but even hearing stories about non-dramatic development situations is super interesting.

Yeah. The Brad Muir and Dave Lang TNTs they had were great. I found the horror stories about working on Backstage Assault really interesting.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo said:

I wouldn't mind the return of TNT. If they don't want to do it weekly, do a stream once a month where they play the best multiplayer games that came out that month.

More spoilercast stuff like the MGS4 podcast or the stream where Vinny finished Bioshock: Infinite while the others talked about it.

where vinny played in a different room and the others all talked about it, that was awesome, could do that with Dan.

RiotControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By RiotControl

I would like to see a live stream similar to Bombin' in the AM with community members invited. Adam Sessler had that going while he was at Rev3Games and it was pretty interesting to actually hear from the community and the discussions that can be had about unexpected topics with unique opinions.

Also, more Thursday Night Throwdown! Hell, there doesn't even have to be any content. Let's just have some weekend GiantBomb community multi-player going on various games for different platforms. There would need to be an official posting on the games and times every weekend with servers for certain PC games. (Like Destructoid) Would love to get community members to expand their horizons with older or F2P games as well just to play together.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a quicklook at some of the higher standard mods out there

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

@bushpusherr said:

Yeah. The Brad Muir and Dave Lang TNTs they had were great. I found the horror stories about working on Backstage Assault really interesting.

Yeah, those as well as the "Building the Bastion" series are specifically what I was thinking of. Offering a peek behind the curtain can give people some really valuable perspective.

Siman_Shinsafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Siman_Shinsafe

@babychoochoo said:

I'd like to see more Encyclopedia Bombasticas. Maybe once a week or every two weeks or something. Those are always great, but we get one like once a decade.

This would be my first choice for more content, I thought Vinny and Alex would be the ones to really focus on these but so far they have been mostly about lesser known modern releases. Maybe when things settle down over there they can do more of both.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

What if Jeff and Dan watched all the Rocky movies in one day.

dotpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I want another Drew trip debriefing when he gets back from Vietnam. Similar to the one he did after he got back from North Korea and Iceland. See his pictures and have him explain what everything was like. I loved those two videos.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really would like to see a quicklook on games after they have been updated a heap, I was playing payday 2 last night and they have added more features, maps, and skill trees that it could warrant a second look.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cooking with Dan.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would love to have a premium video of Dan Ryckert doing DDP yoga.

Bonus points if he is trying to teach Jeff how to do DDP yoga.

TheMikFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Return of the Endurance Run?

No? Fine...

hidden81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a feature where they try and beat old arcade games on one or two credits, or a limited amount of credits anyhow.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Endurance Run

Simzyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#84  Edited By Simzyy

If anyone on the GB staff has not played KOTOR and has managed to avoid any spoilers I'd like to see them play through that game. I want to watch someone experience that game fresh for the first time. That game blew me away when I was young.

I mainly want more Vinny content that isn't quick looks though.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Dave's old game videos, but I think only Dave should do them so they probably won't come back. Maybe they could convince him once a month to do an hour video :P

Maybe Jeff and Dave could just meet in Petaluma one weekend a month.

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Metal Gear Scanlon is over, maybe Drew and Dan could go through the Zelda games? Its another big video game franchise Drew has not played.