Newest Sessler's Something Video

• 156 results
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@jasonr86: For one, digital foundry stated that they didnt adjust any color/picture settings on the television between the 2 systems to accommodate for differences, which there were big differences; the Xbox outputs a weird bump in contrast and saturation that provides a false sense of vibrance. Also, who cares it's a fucking shooter.

Also, no...

I responded to what you said I don't know dude. I mean, you said it was too zoomed, I said that I noticed it with gameplay and gave an example, and then 'who care it's a fucking shooter'? And Killzone looks nice I suppose?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@jasonr86: For one, digital foundry stated that they didnt adjust any color/picture settings on the television between the 2 systems to accommodate for differences, which there were big differences; the Xbox outputs a weird bump in contrast and saturation that provides a false sense of vibrance. Also, who cares it's a fucking shooter.

Also, no...

I responded to what you said I don't know dude. I mean, you said it was too zoomed, I said that I noticed it with gameplay and gave an example, and then 'who care it's a fucking shooter'? And Killzone looks nice I suppose?

Could you please tighten up the graphics on level 3?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

You've lost me.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By RonGalaxy

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

If you didnt read the article, it takes a quote from guerrillas website saying streamed videos do not provide a very accurate representation of games. You have to consider that these games being displayed in real time on large televisions will lead to something very different than a (I assume) small computer screen displaying a capture of a game that is being streamed on youtube.

Also, I felt bad about writing the 'it's a fucking shooter, who cares' part and wanted to change it, but it didnt take before you commented. I apologize for that part and like shooters myself. What I meant was that it's a shooter, it's going to play the same, and feature the same content. Are a few jagged lines really that big of a deal?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm unclear why there seems to be so much vitriol towards Sessler. From everything I've seen, he's just someone passionate about gaming. I've never gotten the impression that he values his own opinion more than anyone else does to their own. Someone enlighten me? And please, do so reasonably?

I think it might be that he just goes with his gut a lot of the time. When he initially sees something and goes on to talk about it, it's usually in a very passionate and almost hyperbolic way. He gives us his gut reaction, which can lead to him forming a different opinion down the line once he's had time to think more rationally about it. Which I imagine displeases some people.

That's the impression I've gotten, at least. I really like the guy. I don't agree with him all the time, and I think he has blundered and said some stupid stuff before, but I don't think anyone is not guilty of that. And like you, I've never felt that he was looking down on anyone's opinion. He's just very enthusiastic about his own.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@truthtellah said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

You've lost me.

Aw come on! That's a decent reference. *sadly kicks some dirt* Man...

I thought this heated exchange about relative picture quality on launch games could use some more levity.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bombedyermom said:

I'm unclear why there seems to be so much vitriol towards Sessler. From everything I've seen, he's just someone passionate about gaming. I've never gotten the impression that he values his own opinion more than anyone else does to their own. Someone enlighten me? And please, do so reasonably?

I think it might be that he just goes with his gut a lot of the time. When he initially sees something and goes on to talk about it, it's usually in a very passionate and almost hyperbolic way. He gives us his gut reaction, which can lead to him forming a different opinion down the line once he's had time to think more rationally about it. Which I imagine displeases some people.

That's the impression I've gotten, at least. I really like the guy. I don't agree with him all the time, and I think he has blundered and said some stupid stuff before, but I don't think anyone is not guilty of that. And like you, I've never felt that he was looking down on anyone's opinion. He's just very enthusiastic about his own.

I think that's a decent explanation of it. I do think he should perhaps reign it in at times or at least admit to messing up more often, but, eh, that's life. I don't mind what he has to say, and occasionally he can be entertaining.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So wait, why was Sessler fearmongering on Twitter, fretting for his career and the career of his colleagues? Cause they didn't have time to fly to New York and back in a day?

Jeff flew to fucking Rome to play Capcom games and then flew home.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jasonr86 said:

@truthtellah said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

You've lost me.

I thought this heated exchange about relative picture quality on launch games could use some more levity.

Hey man, this isnt a heated argument about picture quality on launch games, this is me telling him that it doesn't matter and that the things he is using to try to prove his point are not true to life representations of what he cares about.

Also, too bad for those Texas and Massachusetts suckers, I'm callin that number ASAP

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait, why was Sessler fearmongering on Twitter, fretting for his career and the career of his colleagues? Cause they didn't have time to fly to New York and back in a day?

Jeff flew to fucking Rome to play Capcom games and then flew home.

This doesn't have anything to do with whatever that is. It's still unclear what he was concerned about. Perhaps it has been resolved; I don't know.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@hailinel said:

@marokai said:

@truthtellah said:

@marokai: Sessler's opinion also could have started to change once he actually saw games on the new consoles and talked with developers who might better inform his opinion and expectations for next gen.

I don't particularly care how people want to rationalize this one. The point is that at one place in time not that long ago, Sessler has gone on record considering resolution as an important and worthy expectation and matter for discussion. He is now explicitly saying the opposite and dismissing anyone who does consider it important as fanboyish. He's been in this industry for what, two decades? He would suddenly discover resolution can be a resource hog within the last three months? I can give people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not wide-eyed naive. Come on.

Edit: I want to be explicitly clear I'm not alleging he's on the take or something. I think people who say stuff like that are bananas or are just trying to get a rise out of people. I just think Sessler is an arrogant hypocrite who likes to appear smarter than his audience and thus is playing the contrarian to seem 'above it all.' There's no conspiracy at work, just good old human arrogance and pride. I think assuming he just now in the last three months had a complete turnaround and figured how how graphics work is making much larger assumptions than that.

Agreed. Sessler is a man that lives and dies by his stature and reputation, which he was able to maintain for years by being the big fish game reviewer/commentator/whatever with his own TV show. Now he's just some guy on Youtube, and surprise! His opinions aren't any more or less revelatory than those that have been spouted by Youtube superstars for years now. Combine that with his Twitter freakout over what has apparently amounted to nothing whatsoever, and he looks like a once-powerful figure on the ropes thanks in no small part to his own hubris.

In any case, he got caught reversing direction on this whole resolution argument. I'd say that it's an argument that's barely worth the discussion people are giving it to begin with, but apparently this console transition has turned the internet into Thunderdome. All that's missing is 1980s-era Tina Turner in post-apocalyptic dominatrix attire.

I think you both hit the nail on the head. It's this weird "I've seen it, you haven't, I know more, you guys are just "fan boys" who know nothing" shit that annoys me. Him and Arthur Gies on Twitter were embarrassing... it's not a private conversation. Surprisingly it was Jim Sterling on The Escapist who summed it up as stop acting like having to go to New York to play with the new PS4 that you also get to take home is a big deal. If resolution matters to people, so be it. Fuck, I care. Not to the point of console elitism, but still...

So many gaming personalities are little more than cocksure bloggers that care more about stating their own opinions than being challenged or researching stories.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: How is Sessler anymore an entertainer and any less a professional critic than the Giant Bomb crew? He reviews games, he does interviews, he speaks up on topics and trends in the industry, he even hosted a podcast for a while -- so basically all the same stuff that the GB guys do.

Seriously, Sessler's contributions to gaming journalism do not begin and end with X-Play. I only barely watched the show; I've probably seen a few dozen episodes out of its entire, ridiculously long run. What I know and respect Sessler for are all completely separate from X-Play, and have nothing to do with him being an entertainer. It's like with the GB guys -- sure, I enjoy all the entertainment stuff they get up to, but I respect them because of their knowledge and insight.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@jasonr86 said:

@truthtellah said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

You've lost me.

Hey man, this isnt a heated argument about picture quality on launch games, this is me telling him that it doesn't matter and that the things he is using to try to prove his point are not true to life representations of what he cares about.

Also, too bad for those Texas and Massachusetts suckers, I'm callin that number ASAP

heh. Well, I don't think Jason cares about it as much as you may think he cares about it. It's just a difference he noticed. I don't think he has said that it's the end of the world or indicative of an enduring disparity past launch. It's likely not a big deal to either of you; it's simply something he is acknowledging.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93 said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

If you didnt read the article, it takes a quote from guerrillas website saying streamed videos do not provide a very accurate representation of games. You have to consider that these games being displayed in real time on large televisions will lead to something very different than a (I assume) small computer screen displaying a capture of a game that is being streamed on youtube.

Also, I felt bad about writing the 'it's a fucking shooter, who cares' part and wanted to change it, but it didnt take before you commented. I apologize for that part and like shooters myself. What I meant was that it's a shooter, it's going to play the same, and feature the same content. Are a few jagged lines really that big of a deal?

I know that youtube is compressed to hell and a direct download for those comparisons would have been better source. That said, I had my laptop hooked up to my TV when I watched that video originally and noticed the somewhat sharper textures on X1 and the cleaner overall picture and lessened aliasing on the PS4. As for whether aliasing is a big deal, everyone puts value on different things when it comes to visuals I guess. Like I'm totally fine with 30 fps, just not below. 60 fps is cool but not mandatory for me. But things like aliasing or screen-tearing is really distracting to me. The aliasing in GTA 5 almost kept me from playing it. It just gets to that point where it's all I can see.

And at the end of the day I have a big, expensive TV and want to get the most out of it. I don't really want to settle for subpar. Graphics certainly aren't the only part of my decision to buy a console. Hell, my first console this generation was a Wii before I picked up my Xbox and PS3. But it is something I do care about. So it matters in my purchasing decision.

Also, all that said, I probably won't get any console for 5-6 months from now because besides a few games on each console I'm not too interested, have plenty of games to play now, and I need to spend my money elsewhere.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah:

I've never heard of that reference before. But now I'll know! Make it again in like 6 months and I'll be all 'I get that!'

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TruthTellah

@echoecho said:

@truthtellah: How is Sessler anymore an entertainer and any less a professional critic than the Giant Bomb crew? He reviews games, he does interviews, he speaks up on topics and trends in the industry, he even hosted a podcast for a while -- so basically all the same stuff that the GB guys do.

Seriously, Sessler's contributions to gaming journalism do not begin and end with X-Play. I only barely watched the show; I've probably seen a few dozen episodes out of its entire, ridiculously long run. What I know and respect Sessler for are all completely separate from X-Play, and have nothing to do with him being an entertainer. It's like with the GB guys -- sure, I enjoy all the entertainment stuff they get up to, but I respect them because of their knowledge and insight.

I would agree that they are similar. You won't find an objection here. As they are right now, I would characterize most of the Giant Bomb crew besides Patrick as game commentators and entertainers. And that's not a bad thing. It's just the style of person in gaming media they've decided to be. It doesn't mean they aren't or can't be informed on things. I simply see them more as entertainers than newsmen.

I don't mind Sessler, and I wouldn't hold it against him that he has mainly been an entertainer for many years. He seems to be focusing more on gaming commentary on youtube at the moment, and that's cool, too. I hope he'll continue to be happy doing what he's doing.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@truthtellah:

I've never heard of that reference before. But now I'll know! Make it again in like 6 months and I'll be all 'I get that!'

You got it, mister!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By mike

Damn man...his facial hair decisions are unfortunate to the point of distraction. He looks like some kind of messed up version of Wolverine with a terminal disease.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Also, no...

I know that youtube is compressed to hell and a direct download for those comparisons would have been better source. That said, I had my laptop hooked up to my TV when I watched that video originally and noticed the somewhat sharper textures on X1 and the cleaner overall picture and lessened aliasing on the PS4. As for whether aliasing is a big deal, everyone puts value on different things when it comes to visuals I guess. Like I'm totally fine with 30 fps, just not below. 60 fps is cool but not mandatory for me. But things like aliasing or screen-tearing is really distracting to me. The aliasing in GTA 5 almost kept me from playing it. It just gets to that point where it's all I can see.

And at the end of the day I have a big, expensive TV and want to get the most out of it. I don't really want to settle for subpar. Graphics certainly aren't the only part of my decision to buy a console. Hell, my first console this generation was a Wii before I picked up my Xbox and PS3. But it is something I do care about. So it matters in my purchasing decision.

Also, all that said, I probably won't get any console for 5-6 months from now because besides a few games on each console I'm not too interested, have plenty of games to play now, and I need to spend my money elsewhere.

Well so much for me about to throw a hissy fit because someone didn't understand that shitty aliasing is still noticeable no matter what the hell the color/picture settings are.

Crisis averted

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TruthTellah

@mb said:

Damn man...his facial hair decisions are unfortunate to the point of distraction. He looks like some kind of messed up version of Wolverine with a terminal disease.

heh. We all mostly stay away from talking about his looks and you jump right in with a pretty darn rough dig. I am slightly amused by the visual picture you painted, but mostly surprised.

I do wish he would get rid of that beard. Really not sure what he's thinking. I hope he doesn't actually have a terminal disease though. That would make some of the comments about his appearance a bit uh... yipes...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@truthtellah: I know, I know...I try not to do that but every time I see him I just keep having to look at that awful beard. I don't think he's a bad looking guy or anything, but man...either grow a beard or shave it off dude!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TruthTellah

@mb said:

@truthtellah: I know, I know...I try not to do that but every time I see him I just keep having to look at that awful beard. I don't think he's a bad looking guy or anything, but man...either grow a beard or shave it off dude!

I like to imagine that his grandfather had facial hair just like that and it's all simply an odd personal tribute.

That way, it's at least a little sweet even if it looks a bit less than great.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

This is what I think of every time I see Sessler's beard:

No Caption Provided

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jasonr86 said:

Resolution matters because...

No Caption Provided

I hope these images continue to circulate around forums, because I love how everyone pretends to sit 2-3 feet away from their 50 inch TVs. I don't want to shit on digitalfoundry because they obviously put in a lot of hard work with these comparisons, but in all the years they've been doing this, how many people actually made purchasing decisions based on the results rather than just use their content for their stupid internet flame wars.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I like to imagine that his grandfather had facial hair just like that and it's all simply an odd personal tribute.

I happen to think his beard looks fine.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@jasonr86 said:

Resolution matters because...

No Caption Provided

I hope these images continue to circulate around forums, because I love how everyone pretends to sit 2-3 feet away from their 50 inch TVs. I don't want to shit on digitalfoundry because they obviously put in a lot of hard work with these comparisons, but in all the years they've been doing this, how many people actually made purchasing decisions based on the results rather than just use their content for their stupid internet flame wars.

And these are from zoomed in portions of images. Are people so obsessed with graphics they hunt constantly for the best version? And if they really wanted the best looking game possible why isn't everyone abandoning both consoles in order to upgrade their PCs? It's all another reason to fan flames for no reason when we should be celebrating a new era of gaming potential.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how journalists are so apologizing on this matter. Is it really stupid. Here is an article how gaming journalists are downplaying this whole issue and how no other industry would have done it.

"When you go out to buy a new piece of technology, most times you're frugal enough with your money to pick up something that meets your needs and offers a nice technological power advantage over the competition. Usually, tech enthusiasts refer to benchmarks before taking the financial plunge. It's imperative to get the most for your hard earned money... right? Right?! Not in the land of the Doritocracy.

Gaming sites have been cropping up apologists articles left and right to dissuade on-the-fence gamers from canceling their Xbox One pre-orders (an attempt to appease the ad overlords, perhaps?), but before getting to that let's first look at how this scenario came about and why."

"Spending $500 is no small investment for the average household; with the media downplaying the $100 difference and lower resolution right out of the gate it instantly does a massive disservice for discerning consumers. Hopefully we'll get more honest coverage leading up to the release of both consoles. "

Full article here. It also uses the best made up word ever. Doritocracy^^

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gaming-Media-Defend-Xbox-One-Higher-Price-Lower-Resolution-60283.html%20

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78  Edited By Seppli

There are people I disagree with, and still be okay with their opinion. I often don't agree with Sessler, but his opinions are usually intelligible. I respect his opinions.

Personally, I think he's wrong. Power/performance is absolutely pertinent to my purchasing decision. And we're not talking exclusives here. Exclusives can be system sellers regardless of their technical execution and performance. It's about multiplatform games running better and prettier on Playstation 4. Sony's new box is obviously more powerful than Xbox One, and this time around it's not a hypothetical performance advantage lost in translation anymore. Essentially Microsoft and Sony built the exact same box, only Sony has the more powerful APU and RAM, in a slightly more simple and elegant setup - and the difference in power shows right out of the gate.

I do care that Battlefield 4 runs more stable at a higher resolution on PS4. I do care that the same is being rumored about Need for Speed: Rivals. If I was into Call of Duty, I defintiely would care that PS4's version of it pushes more than double the pixels of the Xbox One version. I only buy one of the two consoles right now, I mostly care about multiplatform franchises like Battlefield, and Playstation 4 is 100$ less expensive and delivers more power for it. There's really no competition between the two, at least for me.

Even if I bought both consoles at launch, I certainly would buy the better looking better running version of a game. So that would either be the PC or PS4 version. Seeing how the PS4 will be more powerful than my current PC, and I don't intend to upgrade it for the next two years or so, Playstation 4 will be my mainstay in gaming for the foreseeable future.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echoecho said:
@truthtellah said:

@mb said:

I happen to think his beard looks fine.

Agreed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@rangers517 said:

Here's Sessler 4 months ago saying the exact opposite. Apparently his check from a certain company cleared.

Because nobody has ever once changed their opinion on anything ever.

Exactly. I never have and I have two imaginary friends that haven't either. Confirmed.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sessler, like most "games journalists," seems to get off by knowing industry secrets and teasing them on twitter. Why are we still talking about this?

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By RoarImaDinosaur

Holy shit did you guys see this yet? I'm curious to hear what changed in his expectations leading up to these comparisons.

Loading Video...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Darji

@roarimadinosaur: Maybe they just fear their "objectivity" if they are just posting negative things about one console and only positive ones on the other one, so they are just downplaying this whole matter.

RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RoarImaDinosaur

@darji: Yeah, it's in the games media/publisher/developers best interest that both companies do well.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#86  Edited By ProfessorEss

@l4wd0g said:

Sessler, like most "games journalists," seems to get off by knowing industry secrets and teasing them on twitter. Why are we still talking about this?

Game journalism has become sickeningly self-serving. I can't remember the last time I read a piece that felt like it was written with the consumer in mind, and that includes reviews.

Number of Twitter followers seems to be the new bar by which they measure themselves.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Heh. Texas and Massachusetts are too smart for that shit! (This is the only time I'll say Texas is too smart for anything! :P)

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess who made a passive-aggressive grumpy tweet? That's right, Sessler.

He reminds me of normal people who get a minute on TV and end up unable to deal with the fame and being seen, treated as a public figure that gets extra criticism when he or she does something dumb because that's how things work. He needs to put a leash on himself, held by himself, before upper management does, because his name is getting infamous in the more and more important "blogosphere".

I want him to seek psychiatrical tests and get this taken care of because he's suffering. I was up to my ears in inverted depression while younger and I see a lot of my past self in what he's doing, and I feel bad about it. It put me in a lot of shit, it lost me a lot of friends, but I regained my mental health and happiness and life has never been better. I think I'd like watching Rev3 more if he could achieve that.

(If you or somebody you know feels a bit down about the Xbox One esRAM bottleneck that is behind this undefeatable problem making 1080p60 games extremely difficult to make a reality outside of special circumstances or genres and styles - get a good 720p panel. 720p native on native 720p beats the crap out of 720p on 1080p or above native, even if it's internally upscaled to 1080p of course.)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Darji

@darji: Yeah, it's in the games media/publisher/developers best interest that both companies do well.

But that is wrong if you really want to be a journalist.

RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: You have a point. It's a complicated relationship between those 3 parties though. Publishers and developers/Games media/Consumers. How do you reach the happy medium of staying honest with your readers and to yourself and not piss off Microsoft or Sony? I personally would quit and run away. Games media is just in this awkward position where they want to provide you guys with content from the publishers. I wouldn't call most people in the games media industry journalists either. That term really applies to investigative reporting rather than copy pasting a press release and slapping in your opinion.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: You have a point. It's a complicated relationship between those 3 parties though. Publishers and developers/Games media/Consumers. How do you reach the happy medium of staying honest with your readers and to yourself and not piss off Microsoft or Sony? I personally would quit and run away. Games media is just in this awkward position where they want to provide you guys with content from the publishers. I wouldn't call most people in the games media industry journalists either. That term really applies to investigative reporting rather than copy pasting a press release and slapping in your opinion.

But then at least you should make it totally clear that are going rather the PR way then the journalist way and as far as I remember Sessler still calls himself games journalist.

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit did you guys see this yet? I'm curious to hear what changed in his expectations leading up to these comparisons.

Loading Video...

That's really all you need to know about the journalist Sessler...

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@shinjin977:

The ps3 launched for $200 more than the xbox 360. Third party games ran like shit on it. It was supposed to be all powerful, but the $200 cheaper and weaker xbox 360 to this day gets better ports.

Maybe it's the mob mentality of the average person on the Internet. Oh no, it's big bad Microsoft. It's cool to hate Microsoft right?

To this day? first if you brought the $200 cheaper 360 at launch it has probably red-ringed by now, the ports, especially the Unreal engine ones were shitty for a while, but that is not the case anymore, if fact most of the 2013 multiplatform games ran better on the PS3.

It is cool to hate, because Microsoft actively fucks with their own consumers, by paying devs to release what were supposed to be PC/Multiplatform games exclusively on the 360 and bloating our PCs with crapware like GFWL.

(Windows is a Microsoft product, its users are Microsoft consumers)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By JasonR86

@vinny_says: @finaldasa:

Like I mentioned in a comment in the the last page that has a video of the comparison where that screenshot comes from. If people don't notice the aliasing in that video then great. I do. I also notice it constantly in current games and in PC games that I can't turn up to settings that would get rid of that noise. You don't have to sit 2-3 feet away from the screen to see that sort of aliasing. And people don't necessarily upgrade their PCs because that is expensive to do, some people are scared to do it, some people just don't like the extra work that comes with PC gaming (it's way less now then it was before but there are still some steps that need to be done before you can play a game compared to a console), and so on.

The thing is people are paying a lot for new consoles, will likely only buy one for a while, and so they want to buy the one that best fits them. That screenshot matters to me because I personally notice bad aliasing, I have with these current consoles, and I don't want that aliasing to be so bad that it is distracting. With what I've seen from at least Battlefield 4 on the Xbox One, it is distracting to me. If it isn't to you two and you both don't give a fuck then awesome. But we all look and think about things differently.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95 FinalDasa  Moderator

@jasonr86: I totally see why purchasing a PS4 is a valid option for someone worried about graphical prowess and who doesn't want to deal with the sometimes complicated and expensive PC platform. But to many graphics really don't matter this much. To many they won't notice aliasing, or a slower frame rate, or most slight graphical aberrations.

The overall point is no one knows what these consoles will become. We all hope the one we choose works out for us but until we have them in hand, and probably for some time after, the reality of our spending purchase, wise or not, won't come to light. Compare 360 or PS3 launch lineups, neither are great. Compare their graphics just on those games and you don't really see what either system is truly capable of doing. Everyone is thriving off of marketing material handed down by the company's themselves and are so quick to judge.

For you, I understand why your choice is clear. But for most people who are turning this mole hill into a mountain it really won't matter. Like Sessler says in this video, it really comes down to the games.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By JasonR86

@finaldasa:

I suppose. But I can't speak for everyone else. I can only speak for me. I think Sessler trying to speak for everyone else is kind of nuts too. But whatever, he can do whatever he wants.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Darji

He totally lost it completely

No Caption Provided

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Sessler shouldn't have a Twitter account.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji:

Oh God. He's like a teenager.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@shinjin977:

The ps3 launched for $200 more than the xbox 360. Third party games ran like shit on it. It was supposed to be all powerful, but the $200 cheaper and weaker xbox 360 to this day gets better ports.

Maybe it's the mob mentality of the average person on the Internet. Oh no, it's big bad Microsoft. It's cool to hate Microsoft right?

To this day? first if you brought the $200 cheaper 360 at launch it has probably red-ringed by now, the ports, especially the Unreal engine ones were shitty for a while, but that is not the case anymore, if fact most of the 2013 multiplatform games ran better on the PS3.

It is cool to hate, because Microsoft actively fucks with their own consumers, by paying devs to release what were supposed to be PC/Multiplatform games exclusively on the 360 and bloating our PCs with crapware like GFWL.

(Windows is a Microsoft product, its users are Microsoft consumers)

Unlike Sony, who acquires all their exclusives by dolling out liberal quantities of hugs.