NHL 10 league?

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SneakyPenguins

Hey i was wondering if anyone wants to get a nhl 10 giantbomb league going? 
(for 360)  
IM NEW AT THIS SO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT ME TO CONTACT YOU 
GAMERTAG IS : SneakyPenguins
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

I'm not buying the game until after the first roster update comes out. I'm not entirely pleased that Heatley's a Shark, but I want to play with the 2009-2010 Sharks, not the summer 2009 Sharks.

Once the roster update comes out, I'll get the game, and join a GB league.

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SneakyPenguins
@Suicrat:
i hit an roster update today i think it current 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Suicrat

Can you check San Jose for me? If Lukowich, Ehrhoff, Cheechoo, or Michalek are on the roster, then it's not fully up to date. (I don't really care about the other teams, other than the fact that Pronger's no longer a Duck.)

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SneakyPenguins
@Suicrat:
no guess not  heatly still on sens so oh well
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Suicrat
@SneakyPenguins: Well, once the update happens, I'll get it, and I'll challenge you either in an organized league or some QRVP.
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Fosssil
@Suicrat said:
" I'm not buying the game until after the first roster update comes out. I'm not entirely pleased that Heatley's a Shark, but I want to play with the 2009-2010 Sharks, not the summer 2009 Sharks.  Once the roster update comes out, I'll get the game, and join a GB league. "
Just curious, but if you're a fan of the Sharks why aren't you excited to have Heatley? I think he could be the difference for the team come playoff time.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suicrat
@Fosssil: Yeah, I'm sure most Sharks fans like the trade, and I'm sure I will eventually too. I just think if Cheechoo was matched with Thornton and Setoguchi/Clowe that he could be a 50 goal scorer again.

Plus, I don't like Doug Wilson's obsession with trading draft picks.
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fosssil
@Suicrat said:
" @Fosssil: Yeah, I'm sure most Sharks fans like the trade, and I'm sure I will eventually too. I just think if Cheechoo was matched with Thornton and Setoguchi/Clowe that he could be a 50 goal scorer again.  Plus, I don't like Doug Wilson's obsession with trading draft picks. "
That makes sense. And yes, Doug Wilson seems obsessed with moving as many young prospects/draft choices as possible, which doesn't seem to be the best strategy to me.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Suicrat
@Fosssil: Sharks fans want the Cup now, and I don't blame them, but as a Torontonian I feel the need to remind other Sharks fans that there are longer cup droughts elsewhere in the NHL, , and that mortgaging the future isn't necessarily the best way to achieve that goal.
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fosssil
@Suicrat said:
" @Fosssil: Sharks fans want the Cup now, and I don't blame them, but as a Torontonian I feel the need to remind other Sharks fans that there are longer cup droughts elsewhere in the NHL, , and that mortgaging the future isn't necessarily the best way to achieve that goal. "
I don't blame them either, especially given the fact that they had a championship-caliber team each of the past three seasons but just couldn't get it done in the playoffs. It should be interesting to see if Heatley helps them overcome their recent playoff curse, but if he can't get them over the hump in the next year or two then it may be several more years before they get another good shot at the Cup.
scb669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scb669

hey im interested in a league.... scb669 is my GT... getting the game tomorrow

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SneakyPenguins
@scb669:
k i got your gt ill start it in like a week let you get practiced up its looking like about a 12 or so person league
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Suicrat
@Fosssil: See, I don't know if that's entirely true. The Sharks do have a good stable of young talent which I think has staying power for years to come (despite what I said about my dislike of the draft-pick-trading). Setoguchi scored 30 goals in his first full season, and at mid-season before the flu struck the team in december, he was on pace for over 40. Torrey Mitchell is one of the best defensive forwards I've ever seen, Vlasic could be a great 2-way defenseman, plus the Sharks drafted the guy who scored the winning goal in the Frozen 4 last year (whose name currently escapes me). While it's probably true that Thornton, Boyle, Heatley, and Marleau only have a few quality years left in them, the same can't be said for the youth segment of their nucleus.
Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Dovey

I wouldn't mind joining although I won't be picking this up till november as I head overseas in a couple of days.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I'm buying the game when the leafs win the cup. So in about 20-30 years I'll join.
simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By simon1

i'm interested although the time difference may be a problem (living in the UK).  

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fosssil
@Suicrat said:
" @Fosssil: See, I don't know if that's entirely true. The Sharks do have a good stable of young talent which I think has staying power for years to come (despite what I said about my dislike of the draft-pick-trading). Setoguchi scored 30 goals in his first full season, and at mid-season before the flu struck the team in december, he was on pace for over 40. Torrey Mitchell is one of the best defensive forwards I've ever seen, Vlasic could be a great 2-way defenseman, plus the Sharks drafted the guy who scored the winning goal in the Frozen 4 last year (whose name currently escapes me). While it's probably true that Thornton, Boyle, Heatley, and Marleau only have a few quality years left in them, the same can't be said for the youth segment of their nucleus. "
They do have some good young talent, but I have to wonder if Wilson is content to let those players develop with the team over the next few years or if he's going to ship them out in more deals like the one that got them Heatley. When the older guys start to decline and the spotlight is placed on those young guys, I don't know if they are going to have enough depth to contend with a more youthful team like the Blackhawks.
SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SneakyPenguins
@simon1:
i dont think so im always on so are most of the peoplein the soon to be league
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I dunno,maybe. 

NEVER
simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By simon1
@SneakyPenguins said:
" @simon1: i dont think so im always on so are most of the peoplein the soon to be league "
thanks, count me in then :-)
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Suicrat
@Fosssil: Frankly, I think it'll be the other way around. They'll hold onto the likes of Setoguchi, Clowe, Mitchell, and Vlasic (who will grow to be the core of the team in the coming years), while putting Thornton and Marleau on the chopping block in exchange for some young blood.

All in all though, looking forward to getting NHL 10 (after the next roster update); they added exactly what was missing from '09. Board play. This will allow me to employ the cycling style the Sharks top 2 lines used last year to great success. All of whom are still on the Sharks by the way, except Michalek, and when I put it that way, it seems like the deal to get Heatley IS worth it....
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fosssil
@Suicrat said:
" @Fosssil: Frankly, I think it'll be the other way around. They'll hold onto the likes of Setoguchi, Clowe, Mitchell, and Vlasic (who will grow to be the core of the team in the coming years), while putting Thornton and Marleau on the chopping block in exchange for some young blood.  All in all though, looking forward to getting NHL 10 (after the next roster update); they added exactly what was missing from '09. Board play. This will allow me to employ the cycling style the Sharks top 2 lines used last year to great success. All of whom are still on the Sharks by the way, except Michalek, and when I put it that way, it seems like the deal to get Heatley IS worth it.... "
That very well could be. I hope for sake of Sharks fans that that is the case. Also, I agree that the board play is a great addition to this year's game.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By breadfan

There is already a thread for a GB League

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers