No Kinect love in I Love Mondays?

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

Just watched I Love Mondays and saw there was no mention of Kinect, I know theres an embargo until 3rd or whenever, but as I Love Mondays are about whats coming up in the week, I thought Ryan would of said something... Unless his Hangover got the best of him.

Does anyone know what GB has planned for Kinect? I hope Happy Hour has a lot of Kinect stuff.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By harrisonave

Only thing that could make the Happy Hour a little more Happy would be some Dance Central.  

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hooded
@Artemis_D said:
" Only thing that could make the Happy Hour a little more Happy would be some Dance Central.   "
*Drunk Dance Central
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus
Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I sincerely hope kinect crashes and burns, and whichever fuckhead came up with the idea dies in a housefire.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mariek430
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" I sincerely hope kinect crashes and burns, and whichever fuckhead came up with the idea dies in a housefire. "
This. Sort of.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ
" I sincerely hope kinect crashes and burns, and whichever fuckhead came up with the idea dies in a housefire. "
Gee, that's a little harsh. Just a tad. 

Anyway I could understand it not being mentioned as there aren't really any notable announced kinect games outside of Dance Central. The rest is either the standard sports crap, some fitness shovelware, and a bunch of bland looking family titles. The hardware looks fucking mind-blowingly awesome, and I'd love to see some proper games come out for it. DC shows great potential, I wish we could see more of that (not dancing, just an actual game for normal people, and not those creepy suburban families that all these motion games seem marketed to).
Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hooded
@XII_Sniper said:

" @griefersstolemykeyboard said:

Gee, that's a little harsh. Just a tad.  Anyway I could understand it not being mentioned as there aren't really any notable announced kinect games outside of Dance Central. The rest is either the standard sports crap, some fitness shovelware, and a bunch of bland looking family titles. The hardware looks fucking mind-blowingly awesome, and I'd love to see some proper games come out for it. DC shows great potential, I wish we could see more of that (not dancing, just an actual game for normal people, and not those creepy suburban families that all these motion games seem marketed to). "
^ Agreed, slightly harsh lol.

But also agree about the Kinect shovelware comment. There are alot of poor games launching, i'll be getting DC but after hearing Arthur Gies from IGN on Rebel FM talk about Kinect Sports, it sounds like a pretty decent title. Although it may not last too long, but sounds like fun for over Christmas.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360

Fuck kinect.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ragdrazi
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

From Jeff's Formspring page:  

Should we expect a lot of kinect stuff this week?

We pre-ordered like three of those things, so yeah, we'll probably have some stuff starting on Thursday.

So there will be kinect coverage.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doctorchimp

Eh....kinect.... 

Interface stuff seems cool... 

But the fidelity and control in that thing isn't there at all. really seems like a waste.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Kinect does not deserve love. 

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mrskidders

Kinect won't be getting any love from me or any of my friends im afraid.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ch13696

I hope all motion controls die in a horrible death. 

WE GAMERS WILL CONTINUE TO SIT ON OUR ASSES!!!!!!

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ch13696
@scarace360 said:
" Fuck kinect. "
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Branthog

I'm sure most people will cover the Kinect, but I can't imagine many will take it seriously. I expect there to be a new session on the Bombcast, where the Move/Kinect game launches are announced "WiiWare" style. I can't wait.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I'm confused. I've kept an eye on the Kinect since it was announced and have become familiar with pretty much every game made for it. Why would a serious gamer be interested in it for anything? There is no tactile feedback, it is laggy, and the types of games that can be made for it are limited in scope and complexity.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hooded
@ShadowSkill11 said:
" I'm confused. I've kept an eye on the Kinect since it was announced and have become familiar with pretty much every game made for it. Why would a serious gamer be interested in it for anything? There is no tactile feedback, it is laggy, and the types of games that can be made for it are limited in scope and complexity. "
Have a read in other places, its not as laggy as you might think. Many people are surprised when they actually used it. Like myself, i thought nothing of it until I used it and it seemed much better than I anticipated.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By jkz

What I've heard of Kinect so far has been "it's not perfect, but it works far better in your home than at trade events" 

It might not be a revolution, but come now, there's no need to be the usual jaded-asshole-gamer and write it off as being entirely without merit. 

You want to know why game-devs don't take chances? Because gamers fear change. Even if that change is something to which you are totally opposed (I dislike motion-gaming as well), I don't see why people feel some sort of vitriolic anger at the very notion of its existence.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hooded
@jukezypoo said:
" What I've heard of Kinect so far has been "it's not perfect, but it works far better in your home than at trade events"  It might not be a revolution, but come now, there's no need to be the usual jaded-asshole-gamer and write it off as being entirely without merit.  You want to know why game-devs don't take chances? Because gamers fear change. Even if that change is something to which you are totally opposed (I dislike motion-gaming as well), I don't see why people feel some sort of vitriolic anger at the very notion of its existence. "
Couldn't of said it better myself :)
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tourgen
@Hooded:  It has been strangely quiet on the kinect front.  I'd like to see some more, especially the debug interface they mentioned earlier.

I have mild interest in gaming with kinect if they can come up with good games for it.  I'm not interested in dancing in front of my TV and that's the only thing at all that looking even a tiny bit interesting so far.  I think they're really missing the boat by not going with an FPS (first person stabber) game.  I think FPS knife fights would be hilarious.  Just think how truly reprehensible games can become with realistic graphics and 1-to-1 full body motion control.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Good, im glad it wasn't mentioned. 
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Kinect. Child of Eden is the only thing on it that even approaches interesting.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Oh, I'm sure there will be plenty of drunken Kinectery going on during the Happy Hour. :D