#1 Posted by Darksnughero (105 posts) -

But at least I know, in my heart, that they are working on something Great.  It's good to have a site you can trust.

I wub U' Guyz!
#2 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
#3 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

yep

#4 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Crysis 2 Quick Look. I'm pretty sure that counts as a video.  
(Frodo likes what he sees...)

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (12162 posts) -
@jorbear said:
" Crysis 2 Quick Look. I'm pretty sure that counts as a video.  (Frodo likes what he sees...) "
That was up last night.
#6 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

NOOO!

#7 Posted by CornBREDX (6055 posts) -

You're very perceptive.

But no, seriously, while it is weird that theres no videos today (other than the quick look that I saw live) the duders need to rest after the month or so of insane trips. I don't mind if they don't do that much this week and relax; although, saying that, I assume it's really because they are doing other stuff and we'll have a ton of content later on in the week and next week because of it (because they have a history of working to hard haha).

TNT Tomorrow and Happy Hour on Friday, so you know, theres always something to look forward to on Giantbomb. I don't know if you noticed but they recorded the podcast the same day they released it. Thats 'cus their schedules are all out of whack from all the travel and i'd imagine sickness factor as well. 
Man, the world tour is gonna be grueling (on them) i can already tell haha
 =)

#8 Posted by FinalDasa (2065 posts) -

There have been a few days here and there without videos.  

But a review did go up and despite no videos it never means they are just chillin in the office. 
Also, weird thread. 

#9 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Yeah, spring break being this week and catching a fever, I would have hoped for more videos so far this week but tomarrow I have TNT to keep me occupied as a vomit in the trash can

#10 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:
" You're very perceptive.  But no, seriously, while it is weird that theres no videos today (other than the quick look that I saw live) the duders need to rest after the month or so of insane trips. I don't mind if they don't do that much this week and relax; although, saying that, I assume it's really because they are doing other stuff and we'll have a ton of content later on in the week and next week because of it (because they have a history of working to hard haha).  TNT Tomorrow and Happy Hour on Friday, so you know, theres always something to look forward to on Giantbomb. I don't know if you noticed but they recorded the podcast the same day they released it. Thats 'cus their schedules are all out of whack from all the travel and i'd imagine sickness factor as well.  Man, the world tour is gonna be grueling (on them) i can already tell haha =) "
Every other whiskey site records the podcast the same day they release it lol. 
Anyway, they do a lot more than just make videos/write reviews...Jeff talks about talking to companies to get previews, get review copies, make sure everything's coming in, etc., so there's a lot more behind the scenes than just creating content.
#11 Posted by bigsmoke77 (791 posts) -

This is not Ign or gamespot you can't expect daily content but you can expect high quality content.

#12 Edited by tsolless (465 posts) -

To be honest, it does seem that total content has gone down since the subscription introduction.

#13 Posted by drgrumbles (213 posts) -
@tsolless said:
" To be honest, it does seem that total content has gone down since the subscription debate. "
#14 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@tsolless: @drgrumbles: 
@bigsmoke77 said:
" This is not Ign or gamespot you can't expect daily content but you can expect high quality content. "

#15 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

"Videos".

#16 Posted by Tebbit (4486 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" "Videos". "
Naw man, he probably meant "No videos is today!".
Totally makes sense.

I like videos, but I'd rather the video crew makes them pretty, rather than just pumpin' 'em out.
#17 Posted by Wes (258 posts) -
@drgrumbles said:

" @tsolless said:

" To be honest, it does seem that total content has gone down since the subscription debate. "
"
Well guys, we did have three big conventions in a row, and there really isn't a plethora of noteworthy games this month. Just give it time, I'm sure things will pick up.    
#18 Posted by Darksnughero (105 posts) -

How do you guys think the Giant Bomb crew chills at the office?  If we could see that long room during lunch, QLs would never be the same.  Well, that is to say, they all get along and spend down-time there.

#19 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@Darksnughero: 

Whiskey Media is not Disneyland, Its a place of work.
#20 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

Eh, it's one day, not that that big of a deal.

#21 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

O lawdy lawdy what are we ever gonna do?

#22 Posted by Weltal (2276 posts) -

I've been watching Tested for the last 13 hours. I dunno what your on about.

#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I'm suddenly super psyched that they're filming The Hobbit. Can't wait.

#24 Posted by Darksnughero (105 posts) -
Dude! 

Topic for sale, over there

Did you see the actor playing Bilbo?  Perfect came to mind.  Think the whole new director thing was hype?
#25 Edited by CornBREDX (6055 posts) -
@DystopiaX:  GB usually records it early (they actually used to record it on Fridays the week before but I suspect since they are bigger they may not anymore, most recently it seemed they were recording it on mondays) but ya they may start recording it same day, I dont know.

As for the other stuff, ya I know. It's all part of creating content  haha They couldn't have early quicklooks if they didn't have review copies, or get Devs in the door to show off their game in a quick look EX if they didn't do all that stuff.

Ya, they use them for reviews too, but GB's best reviews are what we see in quicklooks. You get a pretty good idea of how a game will be in the first 20+ minutes of a game. Granted it's not going to tell you as much as a review, and reviews are still an important part for researching if something is worth your money, but I think more so than that people come for the quicklooks and the podcast. And of course the other content that they started doing as well.

There's a lot they do, and it all stems from them speaking with developers and publishers and getting their look of the game, advanced review copy, or whatever. 

It all comes together to create the content. =)
#26 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Let them get on with ythere job, they have work to do you know.
#27 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

No Videos. But plenty of memes. 

Great.

#28 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @jorbear said:
" Crysis 2 Quick Look. I'm pretty sure that counts as a video.  (Frodo likes what he sees...) "
That was up last night. "
My fault, sorry about that. I must've not checked Giant Bomb until the morning after.