Old Game of the Year - 2015 Edition

• 62 results
meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I bought P3P but haven't started it yet. I just played Persona 3 FES last year and am not sure I am ready to revisit that game yet, even with the new content. Right now for me it would probably be Super Meat Boy. I have been playing the Vita release of that game and it still feels just as great as it did when it launched. If I could ever get my 360 controller to work Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D might overtake it but I haven't enjoyed it with mouse and keyboard (haven't been able to get the sensitivity right). Of course it could also be that it just isn't as good as kid me thought it was.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed Watch_Dogs. With all the shit the Bombcrew heaps on that game I was expecting absolutely nothing; and once I got past the first couple of hours, the game absolutely clicked with me. There are some definite flaws and superficiality to some of the execution - but there's also a ton of potential, a great baseline set, and I cannot wait to see what a sequel will do.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By FlipperDesert

I found Sunset Overdrive stuffed down the back of a Skylanders standee for £10 a little while back, a wrapped Day One copy. It's actually been one of my most enjoyable games I've played this year, I love how fluid the movement feels once you unlock all of your techniques.

tanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I almost forgot because I started it in the first week of 2015, but for me it's Persona 4 Golden without a doubt. The hype around that game was fucking real. I'm normally not someone who gives a shit about story in games (I've hated every Rockstar game I've played), I can't stand dialogue-heavy games (Bioware RPGs bore me to tears), and yet I found myself actively looking forward to the social parts of Persona 4 while going through the dungeons. That game instantly shot up to one of my favorites of all time.

I also played through Final Fantasy VII for the first time, and that was neat. Everyone on the Bombcast kept saying it doesn't hold up, but I found it pretty easy to enjoy. The lego-like character models are goofy and charming, and that game gets a lot of mileage out of really well-done combat animations.

Played through MGS 1-4 for the first time in preparation for MGS V, too. That's a bad series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc95b88f90f
deactivated-5ffc95b88f90f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of:

Trine 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Mass Effect 1

Sleeping Dogs

Dishonored (+ DLC)

Chrono Trigger

Katamari Damacy

GTA V

Wind Waker

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

I'd have to say Dishonored is my favorite game in the last couple of years (sans TLOU). Had a blast playing through it both ghosting the game and wreaking havoc.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

Full Bore (good puzzles, interesting mystery), Jazzpunk (funny), Lifeless Planet (weirdly engrossing) or J.U.L.I.A.: Among The Stars (good puzzles, calm, very polished) - nothing older than 2013. So no particularly ancient gems this year, unlike when I discovered the brilliance of Star Wars: Dark Forces over a decade late. Add 2012's Knytt Underground (pretty good puzzles, good characters) if I was making this a top five. I sunk by far the most time into Lifeless Planet, but it wouldn't be my top pick of the five. Maybe JULIA.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That'd be between Dark Souls 2, Shadow of Mordor and Borderlands 2.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Guardian Legend for the NES. It's challenging in varying ways: the ability to succeed as a shmup, the puzzle elements of opening corridors, RPG advancements with weaponry, remembering where you've been and the rooms you couldn't open. Your secondary weapons use 'CHIP', which are MP. The key is using CHIP will be a drain on your primary shot. The more CHIP you have, the wider the spread of your main gun. It's a fun balance. Plus, the art is crazy flying eyeballs everywhere and the music is appropriately thumping. How dope is that cover?

Olodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently bought Anno 1503 on GOG and even though I haven't gotten around to it yet it will probably atleast win my nostagia price for the year.

If it was more "new games that feel retro" you were looking for I would put Galak-Z quite far up there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By Yummylee

If this was to also include remasters, then Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Campaign's still a blast in coop and this is the first Gears game where I've actually managed to become competent at the multiplayer. Put in well over 300 or so hours into it at this point.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mines probably Persona 3 Portable too actually
I got a PSP for the first time ever in September and I hadn't played a Persona game before (well, except a tiiiny bit of 2 as a child) - I'm absolutely LOVING it
Seriously, it's SO GOOD.

hellolimit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17