PC+Xbox 360 vs PS3+Xbox 360

Applesmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Applesmack

Which combination do you think would provide a better gaming experience? BTW, please don't suggest others combinations (Wii, etc) These are the only 2 options. Period. I already own an Xbox 360 and am completely torn on the next system I should get. Note, if I get a PS3, it doesn't mean I won't be able to play PC games at all, its just that I won't have a top of the line PC to play games like Crysis. My computer can run WoW max settings so I assume I shuold be okay with Starcraft 2 and a couple of other not very demanding games.. I

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Burns098356GX

what?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By FireBurger

It depends, really. PC should definitely be your choice if you're into RTSs, MMOs, or super precise control in your FPSs. PS3 will give you access to more big-name exclusives than the PC at this point, though again, if you're into things like quirky Eastern European games this won't be true.

Basically, you have the console multiplats covered since you already have a 360. The question then is whether you prefer the PS3's exclusives or the PC's. Also, a PS3 is $400 and a good gaming PC would be $1200-1500 (if you're building yourself, otherwise upwards a good bit).

Applesmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Applesmack

I'm into RTS games, not so much MMOs. In fact, almost all games I'm interested on PC are already on consoles other than RTS games. I'm more interested in PS3 exclusives than PC ones in general (God of War, MGS, etc are far better than anything PC offers IMO), but the PC has the massive advantage of mods. BTW, the PC I considered building cost me $1000, not $1200, but money isn't really an issue here.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

If money isn't an issue then how the hell will getting a ps3 somehow cancel out you having a top of the range computer?..

Applesmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Applesmack
@Abyssfull said:

" If money isn't an issue then how the hell will getting a ps3 somehow cancel out you having a top of the range computer?.. "

I don't really want to buy both (well, its more like unable to do so). By "money isn't an issue", I simply meant that the difference in cost isn't a factor in my decision of what system to get.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

PC is has lots of great strategy games, from Tropico 3 to Settlers 7 to Starcraft 2 and beyond, you've got a good selection of strategy games that are exclusive to PC (or at least far superior to their console counterparts). But on the other hand, most strategy games scale really well, and you should be able to run them on your current PC, just not at super high graphics settings. So it really comes down to how important graphics are to you on those types of games?

Leoplureodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Leoplureodon

The PC you have sounds good enough in my opinion. And because of that, PS3 all the way. 

Would wait till after e3 though.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Demyx

just get a pS3 then.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Funzzo

it's so hard to say. What kind of PC? a shitty one or a maxxed out beast? PC kicks ass and guess what so do PS3 and 360. Get them all.
Avatar image for fakeplastictree
FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FakePlasticTree

A PC and PS3 is your best bet since most Xbox 360 "exclusives" are also on PC. But since you have no interest in that, I say get a PS3. There are a ton of great exclusives. You're best to wait until E3 either way. See what everyone has on offer. 

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dantheman1515

A PS3 and InFAMOUS is all you need. I've been disappointed with the Sony lineup so far other than Uncharted 2 and InFAMOUS. I buy all multiplatforms on my 360, Batman was the exception, so the PS3 is my exclusive box.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Irishdoom

So you have a PC that can run WoW on max settings, why don't you consider upgrading it just a bit AND buying a PS3?  You can probably upgrade the RAM, video card, and power supply on the cheap, and have plenty left over for a PS3 on top of that.  I have been building my own systems and playing PC games for 15 years, but I HAVE NEVER FOUND IT USEFUL TO HAVE A TOP OF THE LINE PC.  You can play the PC games you can't play anywhere else on a mid-range system, and upgrade it for a couple hundred bucks here and there when necessary.   

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By crusader8463

PC/PS3. PC for 99% of the games out there, and the PS3 has the one or two exclusives that I would want to play. 360 never has any exclusives worth buying.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You know pc has really good looking multiplatform games that might even look better than most exclusives out there if you have a 1080p display for high resolution and alot of power for the videocard to push out all the textures and anti aliasing that goes past low rez effects combined with art design and low rez textures. You shouldn't underestimate the graphics of pc games, I know because I always play pc games. That's all i'm saying.

I also own a ps3, not sure what I think about it, it's okay, i'm just not feeling it. When you play those games, it almost feels like it's built for brand loyalist. If your not, you might enjoy the game, however you won't replay it after you finish it. However a ps3 and pc isn't a bad combination if you can find a way to afford it. You might go multiplatform with xbox360 and pc games if your pc display is good, then get ps3 exclusives or rent them since it's probally not the console you will use with multiplatform. At least metal gear rising will be on the pc, devil may cry 4 is quite good on the pc graphically, can compared to god of war 3 screenshot wise easily, then again the game is old hat. I'm only saying, get the pc instead.

Senile_Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Senile_Kyle

Do yourself a favor and get the PS3. I think its at a low enough price and there are definitely enough good games now to justify it.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Coombs

The one that does not include the

No Caption Provided
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lawrens

Look at a list of PS3 exclusives and see if you want to play those games, and look at the list of PC exclusive, whichever has the most games you want to play, go with that.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By davidwitten22

Morons stop telling him to get a Ps3 and Pc and not get an Xbox360. He already has an Xbox360! Learn to read!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy
@dantheman1515 said:
" A PS3 and InFAMOUS is all you need. I buy all multiplatforms on my 360, so the PS3 is my exclusive box. "
Same here. InFamous is really good.
Avatar image for goforth_and_die
goforth_and_die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By goforth_and_die

i suggest selling your 360, getting a pc and a ps3, and youll be on the right path