Podcast - DF #52: Go Buy Valkyria Chronicles

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By kush
This week's show sees the return of a full cast, leaving us with a crew that's not quite sure what to do (I'm apparently on a rhyming fixation right now). We have a "biggum" for you this week as we managed to fail for just over an hour and a half and we don't even remember recording half of it! All you need to know is this: Those of you who fight through until the end will get quite the reward!

In this week's "What You've Been Playing", we discuss games such as Valkyria Chronicles, FLOCK!, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Star Ocean 4, Age of Booty, Silent Hill: Origins, Rune Factory, and much more! We follow that up with a little gaming news, focusing on Will Wright's departure from EA and Amazon's new venture into the business of selling XBLA game codes...for the exact ammount (OMG)! We then answer our "Question of the Week" and discuss our thoughts on video game marketing and some of our favorite video game commercials. We end on quite the tangent about movies and probably could have kept talking for even longer, but Rob was not about to miss Lost just to bullshit for another 30 minutes.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the show and don't forget to come back next week for even more failure from the guys who fail better than anyone else. Sausage, out!
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kush
This week's show sees the return of a full cast, leaving us with a crew that's not quite sure what to do (I'm apparently on a rhyming fixation right now). We have a "biggum" for you this week as we managed to fail for just over an hour and a half and we don't even remember recording half of it! All you need to know is this: Those of you who fight through until the end will get quite the reward!

In this week's "What You've Been Playing", we discuss games such as Valkyria Chronicles, FLOCK!, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Star Ocean 4, Age of Booty, Silent Hill: Origins, Rune Factory, and much more! We follow that up with a little gaming news, focusing on Will Wright's departure from EA and Amazon's new venture into the business of selling XBLA game codes...for the exact ammount (OMG)! We then answer our "Question of the Week" and discuss our thoughts on video game marketing and some of our favorite video game commercials. We end on quite the tangent about movies and probably could have kept talking for even longer, but Rob was not about to miss Lost just to bullshit for another 30 minutes.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the show and don't forget to come back next week for even more failure from the guys who fail better than anyone else. Sausage, out!
kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kilzombie

Care to tell me why Distributed failure disappeared completely off of iTunes store? It was there this morning, but I now I can't find it.  It disappeared just before I could finish downloading, so I have to download it again as an mp3.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kush

We recently removed DF from iTunes (after months and months of trying) in order to resubmit the show under the correct category....it used to be located under the technology category, not under games. It should hopefully be up and running by next week, but you never know when it comes to iTunes.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Hm, it seems I haven't listened to last week's episode yet. I'm falling behind.

Can't you still access the feed if you've already subscribed? I can't access the show's page on the iTunes store, but I can download the latest episode.

azraeltrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By azraeltrigger

nacho libre sucks

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By hendersonman

Sorry about the Itunes Debacle. I would fix it faster if I could. :( But you can always down load it from right here, and listen to this episode. Plus where else can you hear me, where I sound like a robotic chipmunk... To some that might be an improvement :p

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I will give it a listen later on .

azraeltrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By azraeltrigger

robot chipmunk ftw

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush

For any of the iTunes listeners out there...I don't know when we'll be back on iTunes, but I recommend just following the RSS Feed until things get straightened out. In gaming news: The Godfather II is absolutely terrible...TERRIBLE!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

This topic currently has 69 views. I wonder how long it will stay that way. :)

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90

That was a nice episode ,although I was expecting some magical story from Gus .

@ Kush : You do not like living in Chicago ? really ?  Whatever rock your boat !!!

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By hendersonman

Alright I have managed to Finish FEAR 2... And both sets of DLC for Tomb Raider today... Am really waiting for the DLC to Valkyria Chronicles this week... even though I have yet to finish the real game yet.

Dont look at me like that.. VC is hard.. and it chaffs... um er, back to our regular forum post.
=?)

Gus poos alot...

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush

No...I'm not feeling Chicago these days and could use a change in scenery, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. My ideal change would be moving to Scotland because I loved my brief visit there many years ago and my brother lives in England, but that DEFINITELY wouldn't happen...I don't know, I'm just kind of tired of the Midwest right now...there's not much here for me either.

In gaming news: The Godfather II is one hell of an awful game and my copy of the game is currently on Ebay and making a decent profit so far...all I can say right now is that this is one of the worst open-world games I've ever played. Calling the game "open" is kind of joke too...

Also received my copy of Zoids Assault yesterday and I look forward to seeing just how bad the game actually is...though I could actually like it since I'm not too familiar with that specific genre. Random thought: ...3,000+ word essay on Watchmen finished. I hope I never have to read this book ever again (at least in the near future).