Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@CL60 said:

Every RTS that exists.

Yup.

I don't consider Dawn of War much of an RTS, but beyond that, yeah, totally. Not for lack of trying.

I got into Myth 2 a bit, and that game is pretty awesome, but I was too young to be any good at it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Turambar

Every first and third person that exists.  I derive no joy from that style of gameplay.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By GunnBjorn

Halo. I loved Halo 2 for its outstanding multi play, but other than that, I couldn't care less about the series.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cloudenvy

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@CL60 said:

Every RTS that exists.

Yup.

Double yup!

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Deathmachine117

Borderlands and any JRPG.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By craigbo180

Mass Effect I literally had to stop playing and I just never liked it. Bioshock I thought was OK but not amazing, I thought Bastion and Braid were good but they definitely didn't blow me away.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Assassin's Creed

FunkyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FunkyFox

Every Bethesda game I've ever played.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By AndrewB

MOBAs and MMOs in the style of Everquest and World of Warcraft.

MOBAs just require a level of acquired skill that I'm not willing to invest myself in, and there's not often single player components (and I couldn't imagine single player MOBAs being good).

MMOs just grew stale with everyone chasing after World of Warcraft and not exploring the realm of other genres that could go large-scale ("massive," if you will) multiplayer. I also don't like the idea of sinking endless money into a single game through a subscription service or the free-to-play model of hassling you into it.

Specific games? Now I'm going to break 's heart and say there's never been a Resident Evil game I have enjoyed). The older titles were just too aged by the time I got around to them, and the newer ones after 4 are just too frustrating because I just suck with that kind of clunky control scheme. Survival horror is only fun if you can, in fact, survive. Speaking specifically of my many attempts to play Resident Evil 4 across multiple consoles.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Clonedzero

star craft. i just never got into it. just something about it turned me off. but this was a long time ago so i gave starcraft 2 a shot. it feels so OLD. especially after playing the amazing dawn of war games (my favorite RTS franchise), it just felt so dated.

RE5. i suffered through the entire thing. i barely remember the plot it was so stupid and over the top. the characters were terrible. most importantly it wasn't scary. it wasn't even remotely creepy. it felt like i was playing a gears of war game but without the good gameplay lol. easily the worst game i own. and i own mercenaries 2.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By jimi

The Uncharted series.

I've never been a fan of indiana jones anyway, but I just didn't enjoy them at all. I have no idea why, I love climbing aspects in other games, I like stories centring around character development, the gun-play was responsive. It just never grabbed me.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#62  Edited By Svenzon

@Slay3r1583 said:

The most recent one I can think of is Journey.

Me too! I bought it, played it for an hour or so... and I haven't played it since.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cexantus

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Fallout 3

Both were horrifically boring.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By Zleunamme

Shadow of the Colossus, I got frustrated at the lack of direction. I didn't know what to do or where to and got bored. I understand why it got critical acclaim but the game was not for me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By Sackmanjones

A lot of indie games. Like ALOT

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By zombie2011

Metal Gear Solid 
Devil May Cry, however, i really want to play these games.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#67  Edited By benspyda

Mario games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The Killzone games. Generic and downright boring, save for the bugs that occasionally brightened things up in ludicrous ways.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By VierasTalo

Ditto on Oblivion. I was expecting Morrowind: The Sequel, and that I truly did not get. I also to this day loathe the way most dialogue is handled in that game. In older games like Fallout the discussion-window was like a game of it's own, here it's just a very ugly font that pops up with the most wooden animation and stiffly delivered dialogue.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By DarkShaper
  • GTA 4. I found it really boring
  • Red Dead Redemption. Same
  • Shadow of the Colossus. I did not like the look of the game and I could never get a handle on how it played
  • MGS 3. I loved all the other MGS games but the story of 3 never clicked with me and a MGS game where you don't care about the plot is BORING!
  • the God of War series. I found the combat really boring and I hated everyone in the plot.
  • Rez. I can't really blame the game but it gives me a headache almost instantly so this one i literally can't get into.
  • World of Warcraft. I tried different races and classes but I just never had fun with it and it's not an MMO thing, I'm still playing SWTOR.
  • Earthworm Jim. I don't think the platforming or combat are very good and I don't find it funny at all.
  • Anything Rare made. I never played Golden Eye or Perfect dark when they where new, the Donkey Kong games had to much fucking around with collectibles, Banjo looked and sounded great but I didn't like how either one played, and almost everything about Killer Instinct seemed incredibly lame although the music was great.
  • Fallout 1 & 3. I found the story, quests, and locations super uninteresting in both, strangely I loved 2 and New Vegas.
  • Braid. I can't really put my finger on this one, I just don't like it.

MAN, I need to go be positive about games for a while.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Bioshock. Dumbed down System Shock 2.

Oblivion, terrible voice acting. Terrible combat. Repetitive. Unbalanced e.t.c...

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I can't stand RTS games. They're so boring.

By that you mean they require thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Gears of War games.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By fini_fly

Each and every Modern Warefare game that has and will come out.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By wh1terav3n

Legend of Zelda. All of them but Majora's Mask. Yeah. Weird, right?

CountMacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CountMacula

I enjoyed Limbo but never thought that it was an especially astounding game, certainly not to the level of praise it received. I didn't really like the direction they went in Dawn of War2, I liked the idea of bigger battles in the 40k universe, not small squads duking it out (I'm aware that this is closer to what the tabletop game offers, but I think that the video game should offer a different experience). And while I was impressed by the world of Oblivion, it never truly grabbed me and I found the combat incredibly dull (I have yet to even look at Skyrim because of the latter).

But by far the game I couldn't get into despite all the praises from critics and fans alike has been GTA IV. I enjoyed the other games on my list, in some cases quite a lot - just not to a degree that matched the adorations being bestowed upon them, but I actively disliked GTA IV. I hated the way the cars controlled, I despised the phone mechanic, I couldn't identify with the main character at all, I found the supporting characters extremely annoying (there was not a single character in that game that I was even close to liking) and I found the city dull. I played through the entire game, because I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something that would change my opinion, and I was left wishing I could get all that time back. I have the two expansions in my games library, but I have no desire to even start them.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#76  Edited By Liquidus

God of War series. Seriously, Kratos is a shitty character. Just in general, not even because he's a shitty person which he is, but because he's basically a whiny, angsty teenager in a grown buffed up man's body. Also, the combat is really dull in those games in my opinion.

Burnout Paradise was kinda fun but Burnout 3 is where it's at and I don't think the open world nature helped Paradise at all, it hurt it a lot more.

Red Dead Redemption/GTAIV. I'm lumping these two together because they're both Rockstar games and they both got kinda the same reaction. I liked them, RDR probably more so than GTAIV, but I don't see what was so special about either of them.

Battlefield 3(that counts, right?). It did nothing for me. Granted I've had falling out with the FPS genre since Bad Company 2(which I actually really liked) but Battlefield 3 did nothing to rekindle any interest I might have had in playing that type of game again. It's the same shit we've seen done before a dozen times, it just looks a little better and with way too much lens flare/lighting bloom. I also didn't like the handling of the guns or the movement or how fast you went down.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By TheHT

Bioshock, GTA4, Flower, Sim games (SimCity, the Sims, etc), Resident Evil.

All I can think of.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Canteu

Zelda. All of it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#79  Edited By fisk0

Wow, surprised to see so much hate towards the RTS genre. Personally I don't get MOBAs and Tower Defense games at all, but old school 2D RTSes like C&C, Dark Reign and Dune 2000, and a few 2.5/3D RTSes like Total Annihilation and Homeworld remain some of my favorite games ever. I also rather liked WarCraft 2, but in general I don't like the arbitrary limitations on unit counts that run through all Blizzard RTSes and pretty much every RTS released after StarCraft.

As for games I didn't like, I'd say Halo 2, World of WarCraft (despite liking a few other MMOs), GTA 4 (loved the radio shows, I usually parked my car and listened for an hour and exited the game, as nothing else felt quite right, the controls were kinda awkward and the way they tried to tell a story without acknowledging what t he player did with the sandbox world at all just fell flat to me) and God of War.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RE_Player1

Grand Theft Auto 4. I thought it lost everything that was great with the other ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Echofoxz said:

@Atlas said:

Oblivion and BioShock? Man, the OP and I obviously have dramatically different taste in games, as those are among my top 5 very favourite games of all-time ever.

For me my classic example is Grand Theft Auto 4. I distinctly remember the insane amount of hype that surrounded that game pre-release - the perfect scores, the claims of it being "video games' equivalent of The Godfather", and of course it was one of the first "classic" games of the Giant Bomb era, and Jeff and Ryan covered the game extensively. I was suckered in by the hype and bought it day one, despite having never played any of the previous GTA games. And it did absolutely nothing for me. Characters weren't interesting, humour was very flat, mechanics were annoying, mission structure was incredibly tedious, and the open world aspects of the game were a real letdown as well. Played about six-eight hours of it and just couldn't bring myself to finish it; eventually I sold it on eBay. It was an extremely disappointing and sobering experience, and ever since I have always tried to resist the lure of buying a game based on hype - which is why I am going to wait to buy Diablo III until the reviews are out and the servers are straightened out.

And yes, I am one of those people who hated GTAIV and absolutely adored Red Dead Redemption. Perhaps it's just a greater affinity for the western genre than crime dramas, but I also believe that RDR is a significantly better playing game, and it delivers its story so much more effectively. It's a very different kind of game, but my Rockstar love also extends to L.A. Noire, which while somewhat flawed is one of the greatest achievements in video game world-crafting, atmosphere and ambiance I have ever experienced.

I wouldn't give Grand Theft Auto IV a perfect ten, but I did enjoy that game a whole lot more than you did. Yes, I believe we do have very different taste in games.

I utterly adore both those games, but some of the flaws you point out are very viable for both. Can you turn off the VitaChambers in Bio1? I did that for Bio2 and played on veteran difficulty, and it changed the experience dramatically. Great fun. And yes, you do get more ADAM should you save the sisters. Which is kind of the lesson there, no? As for Oblivion, the openness is what I loved about it, but I can't argue much about the melee combat. I guess I'm saying that both those titles overcame their flaws, at least for me, and stand as two of the greatest games of this gen.

Um... No, I don't think you can turn off the VitaChambers in Bioshock.

Well, if one choice offered you more of a reward, won't you be more likely to pick that choice? And isn't more likely that normal people would pick the good choice anyways? If the good choice offers more rewards and is morally upright, then I don't see any reason to be the bad guy. So the choice is like an election in a one-party system (not really the perfect simile, but you know what I mean).

I'm glad you enjoyed the two games despite some flaws. I, on the other hand, not as much.

Uh, yes. You can absolutely turn off Vita Chambers in Bioshock.

and you do actually get more Adam (and it faster) from harvesting

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I can't stand RTS games. They're so boring.

By that you mean they require thinking.

Uh, no. I mean that they're boring. Is it not okay for me to think they're boring without being insulted? Yes, they require thinking, planning. But for the most part I find them very slow paced, and that's what bores me. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to think. I'm sorry I don't like a genre of videogame you like.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By beckley205

Every Zelda up to Skyward Sword, which I enjoyed for some reason, and most RTSs like Starcraft.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By justicejanitor

I never could get into the Diablo games. I also never got into MOBAs. A whole bunch of my friends absolutely love League of Legends. I tried it, found it entertaining but never got into it.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MegaLombax

GTA IV. Nothing in that game could pull me in, even after playing for about 10 hrs, I still hated it. I tried, but I guess it just wasnt for me.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By stinky

GTA 4 for me was amazing at the beginning, by the end though i never wanted to play another GTA again.

also starcraft 2, its well done, just not for me.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jmood88

Just about anything made by a Japanese developer, the Uncharted series (they aren't bad games but I've never understood all the hype around them), Minecraft, and I'll echo someone else and say the RTS genre.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By nickux

Minecraft

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sonicrift

Star Trek Online is the only MMO I've ever been able to stand. This might have something to do with the fact that it's free, but I think it's so much more fun than WoW, Everquest II, DC Universe Online, Matrix Online, or anything else I've tried.

klimdeeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By klimdeeni

Halo

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By Sackmanjones
@PrivateIronTFU Don't bother arguing. Spock tends to not like anyone who doesn't play pc games. I myself love RTS games but I can see why someone would consider them boring
Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fin

Portal 2. I just wasn't interested enough in playing more Portal 1.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lockwoodx

The Mass Effect series. Boring as dirt and can't get past the first one let alone muster the desire to bother with the other two.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By CaptainObvious

Vice City.

Nonapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Nonapod

Pretty funny that people are just naming whole genres they hate rather than singling out games.

Anyway, most of the very popular critically acclaimed games of this generation haven't done much for me. The Call of Duty games, Oblivion and Skyrim, and the Bioshock games bored me to tears for the most part. Even some of the critically acclaimed indie games like Minecraft sort of bored me. I don't think any of them are bad games and I do get why they're popular, they're just not my cup of tea. I'm a bitter old timer though.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#96  Edited By Kidavenger

Skyrim; I'm a rpg fan in general but I've never been able to get into any of the elder scrolls games. I liked Fallout 3 enough to finish it though.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jonano

the Final Fantasy series and most acclaimed J Rpgs ,Splinter cell , all MMO's I don't want to kill 100 beasts for the million't time . all the Call of dutys man I can't think of any more at the moment . I know when I least expected it they'll all rush back to me when I'm on the bog .

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#98  Edited By fisk0

@sonicrift said:

Star Trek Online is the only MMO I've ever been able to stand. This might have something to do with the fact that it's free, but I think it's so much more fun than WoW, Everquest II, DC Universe Online, Matrix Online, or anything else I've tried.

Oddly enough, STO is my favorite MMO too, and I started playing it even before they made it free.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Chronicles of Riddick.

Any of the Saints Row games (and likewise, any of the PS2-era GTA games.)

Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Borderlands.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Sackmanjones
@PrivateIronTFU Don't bother arguing. Spock tends to not like anyone who doesn't play pc games. I myself love RTS games but I can see why someone would consider them boring
Yeah. It's typically a fool's errand to try and debate anything with anyone on these forums. You just have to say your peace and move on.