Pre-Order Madness

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Demonstride

So, this is going to be a short blog post, I just have to say something. I think I may have gone overboard with pre-orders. Within the period of 3 days I have pre-ordered Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (The Limited edition), Mass Effect 2, and Final Fantasy XIII all from Gamestop, maybe they are good at tempting me or maybe I'm just gullible for semi-good deals like I got the BC2 Limited edition for regular game price. So do think I may have pre-ordered too many things or its completely reasonabl? Also, have you guys also pre-ordered a lot of games at once?

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Demonstride

So, this is going to be a short blog post, I just have to say something. I think I may have gone overboard with pre-orders. Within the period of 3 days I have pre-ordered Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (The Limited edition), Mass Effect 2, and Final Fantasy XIII all from Gamestop, maybe they are good at tempting me or maybe I'm just gullible for semi-good deals like I got the BC2 Limited edition for regular game price. So do think I may have pre-ordered too many things or its completely reasonabl? Also, have you guys also pre-ordered a lot of games at once?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I ordered those too, except for Final Fantasy XIII. Three pre-orders is quite a bit, you might be disappointed by at least one of them, statistically speaking, but I don't see any of those games failing to meet the hype. 

Wise Pre-Orders if you ask me.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Demonstride

Well I wanted the terminus armor for Shepard, and I was sort of weaseled by guilt into pre-ordering FFXIII >.>. Although I did want it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branthog

Don't feel bad. I have 35 games pre-ordered throughout 2010 at the moment. I'm sure I'll decide to cancel a few and wait until they're new-cheap or cheap-used after awhile, though.

Also, the Terminus Armor stuff for ME2 would be fine, if it wasn't for having to put money in GameStop's pocket. I can't, in good mind, do that.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@Branthog: 35 games?! I did not even know that 35 games would come out this year! >_^

Pre-ordered ME2 so far.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Binman88

I currently have ME2 Collectors Edition, BFBC2 Limited Edition, Heavy Rain Collectors Edition, AC2 Black Edition and Splinter Cell Conviction pre-ordered. I didn't pre-order them all at once though; I've had ME2 and Splinter Cell Conviction pre-ordered for over half a year.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog

If I get caught int he major Oracle cuts at Sun, I'll probably be trimming the pre-order list significantly. Even if I'm not affected, I'll probably cancel a lot of them as the date nears. I pre-order early, so I can make sure I get it from Amazon on release day (theyr'e usually first come-first-serve so when there are supply problems, it can be an issue). Plus, they usually give good "$10 credit" codes on a lot of games, which is nice. I would say when 2010 is over, I'll have canceled at least 50% of the pre-orders with the intention of waiting until I can get them much cheaper or even used. I usually don't make up my mind on that sort of thing until the last few weeks, though. :)

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Yeah, I have a lot of games on pre-order at the moment.

ME2
Anno 1404: Venice
Sonic & Sega Racing
Pokemon Soul Silver
BlazBlue
Splinter Cell Conviction
Super Street Fighter IV

And probably others I'm forgetting..  But I do all of my pre-ordering online, and most of the release dates are pretty spaced out.
Still up in arms about Final Fantasy XIII.  On one hand, I really love the Final Fantasy series.  On the other, everything I've seen of the game looks awful.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demonstride
@WinterSnowblind:  I was totally thinking about pre-ordering Pokemon until I thought "Wait, I'm pre-ordering a Pokemon game? I think I may be going overboard."
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think that is a lot of preorders.  u might get mad at how the game comes out on one of them.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us

Definately not. So far I have only ever pre-ordered: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, Gears of War collectors Edition and Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition and thats it. There could be more but I can't think of it. I don't really do the pre-order thing. I might do so for the God of War III package though. Haven't made up my mind.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demonstride

Hmmm alright. I just hope all of them are good. I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 2 will be great , not so much about the other two.

JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JWawin

You're good man. I'm going to start pre-ordering way more games. I like getting all the weird shit when you pre-order. It's nice not having to worry about running around trying to get a copy of a game. If you are worried one of the games won't be the best return it ASAP and you'll be good!

akakaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By akakaze

Actually, I kind of agree that 1Q 2010 just got very, very crazy.  But at least most companies are beginning to include content that makes pre-ordering worthwhile.  I do wish more of those bonuses were actual items rather than DLC, but it's undeniable that they are offering more for your money.  In my opinion anyways.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

I think the only games I've ever preordered were Halo 2, Day of Reckoning 2 (lol), and Fable II.