Preferred platform listing

meandmoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By meandmoves

Trying this again.  Got my hand slapped earlier because of my own stupidity.  No worries.  Para-phrasing from my previous post, "Does a list exists where a multi-platform game is rated across platforms, most specifcally PC vs PS3 vs 360 as far as which platform provides the best experience."  I ask this for all the people who own all of the above platforms and can freely choose on which platform to play a cross-platform game. Some examples may include games such as Dragon Age where the PC version seems to offer the better interface,  Bayonetta where the 360 and PS3 versions differ in performance.  I know there are a lot of other reasons to choose one platform over the other for personal preference reasons, i.e. achievements, exclusinve contnet etc... I don't want to start a war I just want to see if I can quick-reference something to see, at a glace, what pros and cons each platform offer.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

To the best of my knowledge no such list exists, and it would probably depend on too many variables and personal preferences.  Even pros and cons are often misunderstood (ie, hearsay that the 360 version renders higher image quality, or the PS3 has better textures or the PC version actually has better graphics assets - these things are very rarely correctly reported).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well, you could look at the raw technical specs, since that's about the only thing that's directly comparable. Everything else is highly subjective.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

At the risk of angering every PS3 fan on the boards, it seems like in practically every case, the 360 version is either the same or slightly better (then the ps3 version at least). There are one or two exceptions, such as darksiders I hear, but for whatever reason developers treat the xbox version nicer like 90% of the time. That's not a 'burn' on the ps3; it's probably the devs 'fault' or whatever, and the differences are often incredibly minor.

I don't think there's a list, though. Just google reviews for any game you're interested in, and if there's any notable differences it'll come up in reviews.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Generally you can find out what system a game will be 'best' for by researching what platform it was created for primarily; the other consoles get ports that are sometimes inferior, especially if they are outsourced.
Most western multiplatform games are made for the 360, and can suffer performance issues on the PS3. Japanese tend to favour the PS3 for there releases, and so the 360 version is a port.
Most of the time the differences are barely noticeable; but in some thing like Bayonetta one version suffers from issues. These are usually pointed out in reviews.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Branthog
@meandmoves: There are some guys out there that do a lot of comparisons between performance/experience of multi-platform games. I forget what it's called, but their stuff is usually published on Eurogamer, I think. Unlike a lot of stuff you might see on a site like GameTrailers, etc, these guys actually put a lot of knowledge into their process (so the common "it just looks like shit because you didn't adjust the brightness durr hurr hurr hurr!" complaint usually doesn't apply in their breakdowns).

Anyway, that's about the closest I can think of to what I believe you're asking for.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Branthog

Just googled it and found it. I don't know how I forgot them, but the tests/comparisons are done by DigitalFoundry and published on Eurogamer.net . It's important to note that they don't do every single game out there, but they do a handful of the big ones. They show videos, break the results down over several pages of analysis, and then give a conclusion at the end as to which version is preferable and why -- or if they're both comparable.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's the closest I've seen. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry/

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By handlas

Think it would be easier to state which multiplat games are better on PS3 than the 360 (since there are less)

Batman: Arkam Asylum.  Why?  Joker challenge levels.
Dante's Inferno.  Why?  PS3 apparently get's an exclusive special edition that is the same price as the regular game (which is most likely in order to compete with God of War 3).

...that's all I got.

meandmoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By meandmoves
@Branthog:
Sweet.  Thanks for the info
meandmoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meandmoves
@BirdkeeperDan:
Yeah great "at-a-glace" tool for comparison.  Very useful.