arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By arkanearkade

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for some help or suggestions regarding memory cards.  I'm working for a youth club in my hometown, dealing with teenagers.  We have a 360 available for them to use, but it's kinda driving me insane the amount of times I get asked how to save. 
There is a memory card for it, but it's kept under strict lock and key because there have been others stolen before (don't understand why there was another bought if it isn't to be used, but there we are).  Anyway, I'm trying to figure a way to stop it being stolen.  About the only thing I've come up with is to drill a hole in the memcard plastic to lock it into the faceplate, but I'm not allowed to do that.  I've also looked to see if a faceplate exists for such a thing, but it doesn't appear to.

Can anyone give any possible suggestions or thoughts on how to tackle this?  I feel the 360 without saving is a bit useless, despite a relatively large amount of games, and I'd really like to deal with it for them - as well as for myself. 

Cheers

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

You'll need to build your own custom faceplate to wrap around the memory cards.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By lego_my_eggo

from my understanding you can now use a USB flash drive for saves. ask them to bring there own or provide one that is tied down.

and may i ask how/why are they only stealing memory cards and not the controllers or games? if they are already tied down and locked up maybe you could just go all out and get a demo kiosk of some sort.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By RichardLOlson

I say take a tazer and shock the hell outta these kids, till they get the point that stealing is wrong.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Build a see-through lock box surrounding the Xbox while have small holes to bring out heat.

arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arkanearkade

Hey guys, cheers for the replies.  

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

" from my understanding you can now use a USB flash drive for saves. ask them to bring there own or provide one that is tied down.  and may i ask how/why are they only stealing memory cards and not the controllers or games? if they are already tied down and locked up maybe you could just go all out and get a demo kiosk of some sort. "
OK, I've only been there a short time, thats why I'm still trying to make changes to the place ;).  I don't know why they only stole the cards.  The games are kept behind the counter and they only get one at a time, so thats easier to monitor I guess.

Unfortunately the console isn't on the net, and so it doesn't have the USB update.  I'll see if I can get it on, and possibly use a USB stick.  That was going to be my next thought, just bugs me that the memcard is sitting out of use.

@RichardLOlson said:

" I say take a tazer and shock the hell outta these kids, till they get the point that stealing is wrong. "

Believe me, I like that idea. I really, really do.

I'm gonna see about a locked cabinet or something that may help.  Although I might just try and tape the card into the faceplate.  Now if I can just find out how to stop them creating profiles, because I really don't want 50 profiles getting created and sitting in the way.  Try and make them a single profile to share, give the club it's own ID.

Anyway, thats for the suggestions. :)

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WickedFather

You can install the new dash from a usb stick or CD:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=933498&lcid=1033&category=hardware

arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By arkanearkade
@WickedFather:
Thats awesome, I didn't realize.  Thanks very much dude.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Duct Tape often does the trick ; )

But yeah, the new USB Dashboard would be pretty handy in your case.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

Ever thought of looking into one of those giant thumb drives that have provisions for a Kensington-type laptop security cable? They're big and metal, but would do the trick...and you could probably rig something up to use the same cable to secure the Xbox, too.

Probably overkill, but it's the first thing that came to mind. Good luck.

arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arkanearkade
@CornontheCobbe:

I don't want to use Duct Tape for it, because that seems a bigger reason to try nick it to me.  Plus, the whole ugly thing.

@MB:

That definitely does seem like overkill, but just might work.  

I completely forgot about the back USB slot, so I guess I could use that to have it locked in at the back, remove all the temptation from them.  Plus, as Lego_My_Eggo said,  could ask them to bring their own. That seems like the ideal solution to me.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Organicalistic_
@RichardLOlson said:
" I say take a tazer and shock the hell outta these kids, till they get the point that stealing is wrong. "
this, hahaha