At last...?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Addfwyn

I love my PSPgo as well, sad to see this, but it clears the way for the NGP.  By far the console/system that got the most use for me.  Tons of great games, and the form factor of the go just made it a lot more convenient than the older PSPs, which were a bit bulky for...well, on the go.

Seems a bit early imo though, as the demand for PSPs (here at least) is still huge, so you think they'd capitalize on that while they still could.  
tea_gab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By tea_gab

I've never even seen any1 with it

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By QuistisTrepe

This thing should never have been made in the first place. Poorly conceived and executed, a perfect storm of failure. Digitally distributed content with a wireless-b card Sony? Good call. Preventing piracy? Yeah, not quite.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By aceofspudz

The PSPGo was a step in the right direction. I enjoy mine--though I understand why it was unpopular. My hands aren't so big, I don't play action games on it, and my play sessions are pretty short. It's very small. And truth be told the PSP-1000 gave me more hand cramps.

I don't care about: backwards compatibility, having a 'library' of worthless fragile umds, or the ability to trade games with my friends on the bus. It is easy to see why kids (the primary demo of portables) might not like the platform. Which ironically is more suited to their hand size anyway.

So stop ragging on the Go! It was a pretty good platform that fixed the biggest problem with the psp for me, which was that it was really stupidly long and bulky because it had a disc drive in the middle. UMD was a dumb format from day one. Maybe it is just because I am an adult and don't carry a backpack everywhere; the go is the only modern portable that fits in a pocket without seeming ridiculous.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I love the PSP, I think it's a very underrated system with some really amazing games..

But the Go was an awful idea from the beginning, I'm quite surprised Sony kept it going for as long as they did.

It was just too expensive, incompatible with UMD games - forcing you to buy them from the PSN which has prices even more ridiculous than Microsoft's games on demand service and new releases took months to appear.. if they did at all!

If nothing else, I hope Sony have learned from this and can improve the NGP because of it.