R4 Cartridge Banned In Japan

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The R4 cartridge, which is used for homebrew and piracy of games using Nintendo DS, has been banned from both retail outlets and online shopping websites in Japan.  The Tokyo District Court has ruled in favour of Nintendo and 54 other software developers to prevent the cartridge from being sold. Both Nintendo and these companies have stated they will "pursue legal actions against game copying devices that allow the play of illegal copied software made available on the Internet",

Thanks to :Kotaku

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Win for anti-piracy, or loss for consumers?

More at whenever I feel like.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

This is hilarious...the Japanese government just banned the "R4" technically you can still buy the R4 under a different name.  They never banned the DS cart, just a name.  Oh the brilliance of the Japanese Government...dunno why I'm still here, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

KaosAngel said:
"This is hilarious...the Japanese government just banned the "R4" technically you can still buy the R4 under a different name.  They never banned the DS cart, just a name.  Oh the brilliance of the Japanese Government...dunno why I'm still here, lol.
"
Ahaha really? thats so stupid then, thats like banning marijuana but I can go buy some weed.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

They ban the R4 and please the douchebags that did the lawsuits while at the same time they please everyone against the idea of banning such carts by basicaly allowing it and similar devices to be sold just the same. I'd stay there too Kaos.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Trying to fight piracy by forbidding and illegalizing stuff? Oh, what a great idea! That has worked so incredibly well in the past! :D

Honestly, no one cares. The pirates least of all.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Nintendo : making tax payers pay for their lack of research and spending in anti-piracy measures.