Random things you've noticed about the GB crew

• 74 results
zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

"Not actively on fire", is a pretty funny term that I think Jeff uses quite often.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd say the use of "super" when describing something, but most of the games people on my twitter say the same thing so it's not specific to GB, just Americans I guess.

Brad's stroking of his neck/head has been covered, but it's not unusual. I tend to do the same thing.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Things that are a little bad are the literal worst things in the universe. After 5 years of obsessively listening to and re-listening to bombcasts, I just can't deal with the hyperbole anymore.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If @alex just has to talk into a mic for an extended period of time, you're damn sure he'll tap that. Literally. Tap it so hard.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ripelivejam

@evilsbane said:Drew is the secret funniest guy on the podcast I feel like he makes so many amazing in-jokes about things they are talking about that go right over so many peoples heads.

"Looks like Monolith is back on the menu boys" Is my most recent favorite so damn funny.

I feel like he does ones that I miss he can be really subtle about it I love it.

his "i have so many questions" re: jeff's FFX purchases was just golden.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Rafaelfc

"that's really dumb"

ImBigInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ImBigInJapan

"I'm back on board"

Also Brad REALLY REALLY wanting to share a spoiler, but repeating over and over again how he doesn't want to spoil anything until he eventually succumbs to his own weakness.

Also yeah Dan sure got/gets drunk an awful lot. Guy's liver must be like fine pate by now.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@defordj said:

Everybody says "bop out" or "bopping out" when they're talking about exiting to a menu (or exiting something in general). It's kinda endearing, because it definitely sounds like it's a little piece of slang one person brought to the group and everybody just started using because it's handy.

They actually say "pop out", and it's a fairly common phrase, at least in the UK.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and the word "shitshow."

Also, Drew seems to drink alcohol way more than I would have guessed, given everything else about him.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Memu

@jstaunton: Young people seem to use the word "super" for emphasis, to the exclusion of every other synonym word they could (and should for variety's sake) be using, such as: "really", "extremely", "very", "greatly". It is just super annoying how super much they super use the word super.

Back when Patrick was on the bombcast he used to use the word "like" so much I could hardly listen to him. When most of the words in your sentence are the word "like" you aren't conveying much info. And everything isn't like something else, some things just are. He seems to have gotten over it now, though, except he fell back into it a bit at Pax panel. I bet (being the pro he is) that Patrick made the effort to stop doing it after becoming aware of it. Or maybe he just grew out of it.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the random references to music, TV or movies that Alex will drop in QLs. It's great because half the time Vinny doesn't respond to them, and Alex doesn't press the issue because he's just happy he got to make the reference. I like to imagine him chuckling about it on his way home

Vinny knows. Alex made a Presidents of the USA reference in a recent QL. Vinny has referenced Life of Agony and other things like that.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and the word "shitshow."

Also, Drew seems to drink alcohol way more than I would have guessed, given everything else about him.

For a while, Alex really dug the word "risible" in his reviews in place of laughable. Also, saying things "went pear shaped" when things go wrong.

Not to mention the ever useful "That's a thing". I think I was doing it before Giant Bomb existed but I can't be sure.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeffs passionate white hatred for yoshi that burns with the force of a thousand suns.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad has a habit of sometimes hinting at something that he knows but then "I can't talk about that." It can be pretty annoying at times. That's always been something that's gotten under my skin. If you know something, either tell me or don't bring it up.

Drew's movie quotes are always great. The way Brad pronounces the h in wh words is always fun.

Also, I've heard Alex use the word "ouroboric" on at least three occasions.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@evilsbane said:

Drew is the secret funniest guy on the podcast I feel like he makes so many amazing in-jokes about things they are talking about that go right over so many peoples heads.

"Looks like Monolith is back on the menu boys" Is my most recent favorite so damn funny.

I feel like he does ones that I miss he can be really subtle about it I love it.

his "i have so many questions" re: jeff's FFIX purchases was just golden.

Similarly his slightly exaggerated reaction to things he's confused about always makes me laugh.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By EuanDewar

They all do the thing where something slightly weird or strange will happen in the game they're playing and then one of them will exclaim "Video games!".

I hate that.

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad likes to correct people, A LOT!

also I've never EVER heard Drew curse.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Brad and Jeff go "huh" a lot on the Bombcast lol.

nateema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nateema

"weird"

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Spoonman671

Brad puts way too much H in his whats, whys, and wheres.

StoutLager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By StoutLager

Brad likes to spoil things because, i strongly suspect, he secretly likes to be spoiled on things himself and enjoys the verbal spoilage followed by experiencing the spoiled thing personally. I think it is part of his way of enjoying games.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan has a really loud, throaty "YEAH!" and Jeff uses the transition "which led to" a lot.

dobschutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dobschutz
@gamerchicck said:

Brad likes to correct people, A LOT!

also I've never EVER heard Drew curse.

he said god damnit once....lol i think

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By Nardak

I have noticed that Drew almost never talks about any of his relatives or girlfriends. Almost all of the other Giant Bomb members (who are actively in front of the camera) do occasionally talk about something that is related to their private lives. The only exception seems to be Drew.

Nothing wrong with that as private life is private but it is just a thing i have noticed about Drew.