Razer Naga. The mouse with always-online DRM and spyware.

• 54 results
Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Kaiserhawk

I/O DRM? Thats just silly.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Zelyre

@onarum said:

I'm using the corsair vengeance m60 mouse, it's pretty fucking solid, also cheaper then 90% of razer ones, I'm very glad I've decided not to go with a razer mouse

I had a Razer Black Mamba. Piece of crap. It would just stop working. No rhyme, no reason. Unplug it and replug it a few times and it'd start working again.

Bought a RAT 7 to replace it. Piece of utter crap. It had a sensor issue where it'd just stop tracking on a random axis. Banging the crap out of it would get it working again for a bit.

Replaced that with a Corsair M60 and I've been very happy with it. The shape's perfect, it tracks fine, and it was fairly cheap.

I guess I won't be torrenting those Razer mice anymore, though.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By PillClinton

Yeah, it's shitty, but you guys don't have all the info here. There is a driver/program called Razer Synapse, which yes, requires the user to make an account (shitty), and yes, requires a connection (shittier), but as far as I can tell it's just for saving user settings profiles in the cloud (which is fucking stupid and unnecessary, but not malicious). Now, for my Deathadder, I was able to easily bypass all that garbage by just downloading an older legacy driver, which works great, has all the customization options, and isn't stupid as fuck with requiring a connection.

Look, there's even a Naga legacy driver easily accessible right here. It does say modified today though, so maybe they did go in and fuck it up with an update (although, maybe not), but it looks like y'all are jumping to conclusions.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ben_H
@Jams said:

The only Razer product I own is the Onza Tournament edition 360 controller. It has to be the worst piece of shit I've ever owned. It was really expensive, looks expensive but malfunctions within months of light use. I've come to believe there's no quality control department there. Then again, I've been having some real trouble with my Steelseries 7g keyboard and xai mouse. They're all shit. Logitech has actually still worked great for me. MX518 for life!

Welcome to Steelseries. I've actually had worse luck with them than Razer. I had a Steelseries mousepad and the edges started to roll on it after around 4 months of moderate use.  I also had a 6GV2 and the keys constantly pop out when I pick it up (like they are just sitting there, not actually attached to the switches. If I do that on my Rosewill RK9000 that would never happen.) 

Logitech is the only way to go for mice. I use either a G9X (which I have had for 2 years and has been solid the whole time. I use it with no shell on it so it is tiny), and more recently a super oldschool G1 (no adjustments at all. It is the Korean version so it is 1000 DPI). Honestly, the super simple G1 is by far my favourite though if I couldn't use that I would use the G9X. 

The only Razer thing I like is my mousepad. It is actually quite nice and is comfy to use.