(READ FIRST) What should the next Bomb After Reading THING Be?

• 58 results
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll (READ FIRST) What should the next Bomb After Reading THING Be? (153 votes)

Movie/Book Combo 55%
Whatever 53%

Last time NO ONE read the details which were fairly important.

PLEASE READ THIS:

The question is: do we want the next thing to be both a book and a movie, or does that not matter? There were certainly advantages to two mediums.

• 
spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@internetjames: Murakami would be awesome. I read Hard Boiled Wonderland and IQ84 and loved both. My vote for one of his books would be Wind Up Bird Chronicles.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@spraynardtatum: Listening Dan talk about Murakami would be insufferable! It must happen!

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By noboners

I really like the combination of book and movie. I feel it gives them more to talk about than "Oh it was cool when..." or "an example of this theme was..."

I'd love some Philip K Dick but I feel like the movies generally stray from the literature. So it would be interesting to hear about the differences between Blade Runner and "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

But honestly, I'm sure whatever they choose will be great.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the discussion would have been more interesting if they had ignored the movie, and just talked about the book.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: You leave Screened alone! It was a beautiful dream that's been relegated to a 60GB archive folder, and it breaks my heart every time I see it there. I need Alex and Rorie to team back up and start a regular movie podcast again, as I used to have all my media needs covered by Whiskey Media related sites. Where do I go for movies now, huh? Nowhere. D:

As for the question at hand, stick to the movie/book combos. Sometimes I just can't get into a book, but I'm usually fine with sacrificing two hours for a movie. I imagine I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: The vast majority of television is a dumpster fire, I agree, and Screened wasn't going to survive without the other WM sites backing it up; "movies + interacting with funny people" is a website, while "movies + might as well be nothing" wasn't going to cut it. Poor Rorie. His herculean effort wasn't going to change that fact that most people were never going to care about part of the site, and that was really proven when it was sold off. Very few stuck around for faceless TV reviews.

I'll have to check RLM out, thanks. Something out there has to fill that void eventually.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Choi
No Caption Provided