Resident Evil: Afterlife First Impressions

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Edited By Yummylee

Now like...everyone else...I'm hardly a fan of the RE movies. Infact being such a devoted RE-game fan makes me despise them all the more than your average Game2Movie disastor. I saw the original and thought it was rather...meh...but compared to the second movie it could be seen as a faithful adaptation. It isn't but the second movie is just that bad.

The third movie I haven't even given a chance in all honesty. Two movies was already too much for my RE fanboyism to endure. 

Now to some surprise, for me at least, there's a 4th movie??? With the trailer now depicting a huge homage to RE5, as stated before in Kombat's thread

And there we now have the full trailer all awaiting the tears, anger and maybe vomit at that. 

Now with even more 3D-exploitation, Afterlife may even set a new ''mainstream'' low for the RE movie series. But truthfully those few seconds of the Las Plagas ''flower-mouth'' looks like it may offer some dumb popcorn fun much like the original movie.  
Wesker starring in this installment too can at least have some potential for some well directed ''ninja-fight-ACTION'' scenes too, and if they happen to be anything like the ones from the actual RE5 game then they'll be entertaining to watch.

The story...might aswell not exist, frankly I'd probably prefer this to be released as a string of Wesker scenes with Las Plagas ghoulies in between. Oh and the complete removal of this Ninja Alice at that. 

Besides all of this obviously imminent shite, I can't help but still feel..curious?...Curious enough at least that I may just actually watch in the cinemas. Least what with the direction RE5 took the games, Afterlife actually looks like it'll stay close to its source material. 

...It's a sad day for Resident Evil for me to admit that...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Now like...everyone else...I'm hardly a fan of the RE movies. Infact being such a devoted RE-game fan makes me despise them all the more than your average Game2Movie disastor. I saw the original and thought it was rather...meh...but compared to the second movie it could be seen as a faithful adaptation. It isn't but the second movie is just that bad.

The third movie I haven't even given a chance in all honesty. Two movies was already too much for my RE fanboyism to endure. 

Now to some surprise, for me at least, there's a 4th movie??? With the trailer now depicting a huge homage to RE5, as stated before in Kombat's thread

And there we now have the full trailer all awaiting the tears, anger and maybe vomit at that. 

Now with even more 3D-exploitation, Afterlife may even set a new ''mainstream'' low for the RE movie series. But truthfully those few seconds of the Las Plagas ''flower-mouth'' looks like it may offer some dumb popcorn fun much like the original movie.  
Wesker starring in this installment too can at least have some potential for some well directed ''ninja-fight-ACTION'' scenes too, and if they happen to be anything like the ones from the actual RE5 game then they'll be entertaining to watch.

The story...might aswell not exist, frankly I'd probably prefer this to be released as a string of Wesker scenes with Las Plagas ghoulies in between. Oh and the complete removal of this Ninja Alice at that. 

Besides all of this obviously imminent shite, I can't help but still feel..curious?...Curious enough at least that I may just actually watch in the cinemas. Least what with the direction RE5 took the games, Afterlife actually looks like it'll stay close to its source material. 

...It's a sad day for Resident Evil for me to admit that...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

That looks beyond stupid to me. Sort of like a joke on the level of Snakes on a Plane. Let me just say that I freaking loved Snakes on a Plane though, and the first 2 Resident Evil movies were pretty good for what they were. Someone is going to have to recap the 3rd one for me though.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

They already made the movie? Well I hate to admit but I am kinda interested...

Also, I guess that means more TANG soon

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee
@AndrewB said:
"That looks beyond stupid to me. Sort of like a joke on the level of Snakes on a Plane. Let me just say that I freaking loved Snakes on a Plane though, and the first 2 Resident Evil movies were pretty good for what they were. Someone is going to have to recap the 3rd one for me though. "

From what I've been told. Everyone died...except Alice. Because she's like the reincarnation of Jesus, now with 12 different fighting styles.
obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By obcdexter

I read "James Cameron" and "3D", so the movie will probably gross 2 billion dollars.

Seriously: Someday next year, when I'm bored and probably drunk I'll give it a shot and most likely erase the memory from my mind afterward.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

so they are done with the mad max rip off, and now are ripping off the matrix?

And the big lumbering dude with the hammer, or axe or whatever, looked less life like than the videogame versions... how is that even possible? uncanny

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Mmmslash
@AndrewB:  Claire and Carlos lead a band of survivors around south-west America in a convoy.

Eventually they run low on supplies, and need to make a decision on where to go. They meet Alice, who initially wants nothing to do with them. They learn that there MIGHT be a safe haven in Alaska or something, and the folks agree to go there. By some movie magic, they learn the location of an Umbrella base, and they assault it. Carlos blows himself up in order to clear a path for Claire and Alice. Claire grabs a helicopter, and loads the survivors.

Alice heads inside, and meets the Red Queen part 2, who helps her. She fights Birkin, who actually looks kind of cool.

She kills Birkin, and we cut to a scene in asia somewhere, in another Umbrella base, where Wesker and a board of directors or something are hiding out the apocalypse. Alice tells Wesker he is going to kill his shit, just like she did this desert base.

Cue the scene where Alice finds like, a colossal room of clones of herself. Movie ends.

It wasn't a horrible movie, to be honest. It was silly, and forgettable, but that kind of sounds like a lot of RE, to me.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee
@Rhaknar said:
"so they are done with the mad max rip off, and now are ripping off the matrix?  And the big lumbering dude with the hammer, or axe or whatever, looked less life like than the videogame versions... how is that even possible? uncanny"

This time though, the game beat the movie to it. ;P With Wesker's own Neo-stylin' fashion sense.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As a fellow Resident Evil fan allow me to tell you: Don't be a sucker. You know the movie is going to be bad with a thinly veiled contempt for the source material, and even if you disagree with where RE5 is taking the series (I kind of do, but I really just have to wait and see), you cannot honestly say that any of this looks better.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust
@ArbitraryWater said:

" As a fellow Resident Evil fan allow me to tell you: Don't be a sucker. You know the movie is going to be bad with a thinly veiled contempt for the source material, and even if you disagree with where RE5 is taking the series (I kind of do, but I really just have to wait and see), you cannot honestly say that any of this looks better. "

Really... it looks shitty. Another game to movie adaption, without respect for the source material.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

The only good thing about that trailer is that sweet goddamn remix of A Perfect Circle's "The Outsider"!!!

I need to go find that fucking remix now!  Anyone know what the full name of the remix is?  Ah, fuck it, I'll hit the internet and find out! 

*EDIT*  Apparently, it's "The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix)" from aMOTION.  Why the hell did I not know about this aMOTION CD/DVD?!  GODDAMMIT, WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB
@Mmmslash: Ah, yes. Now I remember watching the TANG episode awhile ago. I'd rather just see some sort of Left 4 Dead type scenario of a bunch of people trying to get out of a zombie-infested city; call me simple. The storyline, just like in the video games, has gotten guano insane.
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ElegantRuby

But...Alice...Isn't supposed to have black hair...  :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee
@ArbitraryWater said:
"As a fellow Resident Evil fan allow me to tell you: Don't be a sucker. You know the movie is going to be bad with a thinly veiled contempt for the source material, and even if you disagree with where RE5 is taking the series (I kind of do, but I really just have to wait and see), you cannot honestly say that any of this looks better. "

I think RE5 may have...tainted...me. I still think it looks to be better than past RE movies however.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

the part where wesker (that's him right? i only really watched the first one) tosses his shades looked cool, and ali larter looks good, but the rest looks meh. and that damn 3d shit, fuckin infecting everything.

wizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By wizeguy

i didnt like any of the films so far.  not really interested in see more either lol