Rumour: The Supposed Next Gen Release-Dates

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Now that Microsoft has done away with the controversial new policies it announced during the Xbox One’s unveiling, gamers are coming around and anticipation is mounting. Pre-sales of the console have been “through the roof” according to Microsoft, and some expect Xbox One sales to crush sales of Sony’s rival PlayStation 4 console. Now, if a new leak ends up panning out, the Xbox One will have another big advantage over the PS4: Two full weeks of sales before the PlayStation 4 launches this winter.

According to the Xbox One preorder page on Toys R Us’ UK website, Microsoft’s new video game console is set to launch on November 29th. The same site states on the PlayStation 4 preorder page that Sony’s next-generation console will be available for sale beginning two weeks later on December 13th. While neither date is confirmed at this point, their presence on a website belonging to one of Microsoft and Sony’s retail partners could be a good sign. ..

BGR: Xbox One to reportedly launch November 29th, beating PlayStation 4′s December 13th debut

I haven't seen one of these type of articles in a little while. As long as everybody beats out Christmas, it seems okay.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

No way ps4 launches that late. They are going in November or possibly October. I'd even suspect the Xbone to release earlier than that

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Launching on Black Friday? Is that a joke?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By strainedeyes

It'll be nice when they actually announce release dates so "news" blogs stop scouring retail sites to see what estimated release day they have listed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 is fcc passed so i see an early november release or late october.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamescom announcement for both?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mrfluke

no way ps4 launches later than X1, they have been directly going out of their way to try to trump MS, letting them go first would be real stupid.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I don't understand why people even go to shitty videogame blogs, let alone reference stories from them.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaLe

I had somehow convinced myself that PS4 would come out first so this is a little surprising even as a rumor.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at the crush sales comment. Also these dates sound terrible it should be way earlier. My guess is early November for MS and late October for Sony. Also not that Sony is already done with the certification of the PS4 so they will most likely sell first.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

There's no way either will launch during or after black Friday.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Gamescom is one month away.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

No way ps4 launches that late. They are going in November or possibly October. I'd even suspect the Xbone to release earlier than that

Yeah, there's really no way it launches in December. Thanksgiving is really the latest anything major releases in the game space. Exceptions happen, but I really doubt Sony will want to wait that long.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By williamhenry

@darji said:

lol at the crush sales comment. Also these dates sound terrible it should be way earlier. My guess is early November for MS and late October for Sony. Also not that Sony is already done with the certification of the PS4 so they will most likely sell first.

They're both going to sell out, so unless one manages to manufacture significantly more than the other, they're both going to sell relatively equally.

No way either of them launch on or after black Friday, just wouldn't make much business sense.