demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

Why? 

Well reading up on this article might help you.   

Aside from the juicy Tatsunoko vs Capcom (review coming soon) and NMH2 (review) we are getting much more.

Lets look at some games that are MUST buys this year: 

1. Cave Story
  2. Megaman 10 (multiplat... but come on this is a Nintendo game)
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Red Steel 2
  6. Sin and Punishment 2
  7. Super Meat Boy
  8. and hopefully Zelda Wii 2
So I am not saying these are the only games to get, just the little cash guzzlers that seem like the best this year; and there are more great games that will appeal to individual wants this year as well (see article mentioned above). 

Also, I am not saying this is the only console you should play this year, just the one with the best looking lineup (maybe PS3's is about on par with its), but still, this assures no "I don't play my Wii anymore" wastes of topics this year... agreed? 

Have fun!
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

Why? 

Aside from the juicy Tatsunoko vs Capcom (review coming soon) and NMH2 (review) we are getting much more.

1. Cave Story
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Red Steel 2
  6. Sin and Punishment 2
  7. Super Meat Boy
So I am not saying these are the only games to get, just the little cash guzzlers that seem like the best this year; and there are more great games that will appeal to individual wants this year as well (see article mentioned above). 

Also, I am not saying this is the only console you should play this year, just the one with the best looking lineup (maybe PS3's is about on par with its), but still, this assures no "I don't play my Wii anymore" wastes of topics this year... agreed? 

Have fun!
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai

Super Meat Boy must be great if it makes the list twice. 

Unless you meant Super Mario Galaxy 2, then sure. The Wii is going to have its best year yet, I'm sure of it.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By K0rN
@funcmode said:
"few good games.. and nine bazillion awful ones, yay. "

What he said.  I'll stick to my PS3 and Xbox 360 thank you.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By demontium
@Dalai said:
" Super Meat Boy must be great if it makes the list twice.  Unless you meant Super Mario Galaxy 2, then sure. The Wii is going to have its best year yet, I'm sure of it. "
fixed 

@funcmode said:
" few good games.. and nine bazillion awful ones, yay. "
dont buy the bad ones..... done.
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By K0rN
@demontium said:
" @Dalai said:
" Super Meat Boy must be great if it makes the list twice.  Unless you meant Super Mario Galaxy 2, then sure. The Wii is going to have its best year yet, I'm sure of it. "
fixed 

@funcmode said:
dont buy the bad ones..... done. "

That leaves you with about 12 good ones.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
@K0rN said:
" @demontium said:
" @Dalai said:
fixed 

@funcmode said:
That leaves you with about 12 good ones. "
Ha ha!  Old stereotype is both old and a stereotype.  Please take your trolling somewhere else.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By demontium
@K0rN said:
" @demontium said:
" @Dalai said:
fixed 

@funcmode said:
thats a lot of games.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By L33tfella_H

It's way too early in the year to be certain of how many good hits there'll be on any of the systems. Also, i know you didn't say it's a list of 'Exclusive' Must Buy's, but i'm a dick and want to point out that Cave Story already came out on PC (for free) and Super Meat Boy has a listing on Steam, so i think that's also coming to PC.

Red Steel 2 looks pretty good though, i last saw footage at E3 and i liked what i saw. Don't know how i feel about Metroid Other M, way Waaaaaaaaaay to early to talk about that, especially since they've barely shown anything. Monster Hunter Tri's...well...if you like Monster Hunter, it won't do you wrong (and i quite like the idea of Monster Hunter, only having played the first PS2 one). Sin & Punishment on the N64 was quite fun, so looking forward to the Wii-Quel (sorry, i had to use that one). Did they say there was gonna be a new Zelda this year on the wii?.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJOR64

If Monster Hunter Tri has no online fee here in America, I'm buying it day one.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By K0rN
@demontium:  12 out of the whole library is alot?
@Hailinel: How is it trolling that the Wii has more crappy games than you could count?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel
@L33tfella_H said:
" It's way too early in the year to be certain of how many good hits there'll be on any of the systems. Also, i know you didn't say it's a list of 'Exclusive' Must Buy's, but i'm a dick and want to point out that Cave Story already came out on PC (for free) and Super Meat Boy has a listing on Steam, so i think that's also coming to PC.  Red Steel 2 looks pretty good though, i last saw footage at E3 and i liked what i saw. Don't know how i feel about Metroid Other M, way Waaaaaaaaaay to early to talk about that, especially since they've barely shown anything. Monster Hunter Tri's...well...if you like Monster Hunter, it won't do you wrong (and i quite like the idea of Monster Hunter, only having played the first PS2 one). Sin & Punishment on the N64 was quite fun, so looking forward to the Wii-Quel (sorry, i had to use that one). Did they say there was gonna be a new Zelda this year on the wii?. "
There's been some speculation that the next Wii Zelda title will be out this year, but my money is on no.  Between Metroid:  Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nintendo has two of their biggest guns aimed at this year already.  They could easily save the next Zelda for next year.
Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

On your list, the only remotely interesting title to me is Other M.  The rest don't interest me, NMH2 looks OK but I would rather play it on my 360 or PS3, and I have zero interest in TvC because the Tatsunoko characters are lame.  Getting Mega Man 10 on my 360, it's not a "Nintendo" game.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By demontium
@PopeAnonymousVII said:
" On your list, the only remotely interesting title to me is Other M.  The rest don't interest me, NMH2 looks OK but I would rather play it on my 360 or PS3, and I have zero interest in TvC because the Tatsunoko characters are lame.  Getting Mega Man 10 on my 360, it's not a "Nintendo" game. "
Cool
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By demontium
@Hailinel said:
" @K0rN said:
" @demontium said:
" @Dalai said:
fixed 

@funcmode said:
Ha ha!  Old stereotype is both old and a stereotype.  Please take your trolling somewhere else. "
Woo! Hailinel represent!
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By nanikore
@demontium said: 
" Cool "
Did it take a long time to come up with that reply?
yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By yetiantics

I'd agree with you, but the list dont really speak to me. 
There is already like... 5 games i wanna play for Wii... that i REALLY wanna play, but. 
Money's tight. rather buy games for my PS3 than buy a console and everything else it needs for more than 2 people.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Cube

Meh I only want Trauma Team, NMH2, and SMG. 3 games. Wooo!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel
@K0rN said:

" @demontium:  12 out of the whole library is alot?
@Hailinel: How is it trolling that the Wii has more crappy games than you could count?  "

Two reasons.

1.  All of the consoles have shit games.
2.  The Wii has far more than 12 that are quality.

@PopeAnonymousVII said:

" On your list, the only remotely interesting title to me is Other M.  The rest don't interest me, NMH2 looks OK but I would rather play it on my 360 or PS3, and I have zero interest in TvC because the Tatsunoko characters are lame.  Getting Mega Man 10 on my 360, it's not a "Nintendo" game. "

So you don't want to play a game because you'd rather play it on a different console even though there's no guarantee of the game being released on the console you'd prefer to play it on?

Planning a little far ahead, aren't we?

Edit:  Also, the Tatsunoko characters are pretty much the opposite of lame.  They hold their own in TvC without any issue whatsoever.
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By K0rN
@Hailinel said:
"@K0rN said:

" @demontium:  12 out of the whole library is alot?
@Hailinel: How is it trolling that the Wii has more crappy games than you could count?  "

Two reasons.

1.  All of the consoles have shit games.
2.  The Wii has far more than 12 that are quality.

@PopeAnonymousVII said:

So you don't want to play a game because you'd rather play it on a different console even though there's no guarantee of the game being released on the console you'd prefer to play it on?  Planning a little far ahead, aren't we?  Edit:  Also, the Tatsunoko characters are pretty much the opposite of lame.  They hold their own in TvC without any issue whatsoever. "

I know they do but the Wii by far has the most, I can't even count how many there are.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
@K0rN: Why are you trying to count?  Just look toward the games that are actually good and ignore the Imagine and Petz crap.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By AgentJ
@demontium said:
"
  1. Cave Story
  2. Tales of Graces
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Trauma Team
  6. Fragile
  7. Sin and Punishment 2
  8. Super Meat Boy
  9. The Last Story
  10. and hopefully Zelda Wii 2
 "
Fixed
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Emilio
@K0rN said:

" @funcmode said:

"few good games.. and nine bazillion awful ones, yay. "
What he said.  I'll stick to my PS3 and Xbox 360 thank you. "
But you won't actually be buying those bazillion awful games, right?
Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tomarlyn

I've had my Wii since launch and I'm still waiting for one good year from it, I have no desire for any these games (except Zelda Wii, unless it gets delayed until 2012).
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Meowayne

Tomarlyn: Your fault. 2008 and 2009 were just excellent, excellent Wii years. Just because a title neither shoves some badassery in your face nor has some nostalgic value doesn't mean you should ignoreit.

I disapprove of this thread. 2010 will be just as great for PS2 and X360 owners than for Wii owners, and those that completely shut their eyes and mind when it comes to Nintendo's console will continue to do so in 2010 and will not be impressed by your list.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By K0rN
@demontium said:
"Why? 

1. Cave Story
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Red Steel 2
  6. Sin and Punishment 2
  7. Super Meat Boy
So I am not saying these are the only games to get, just the little cash guzzlers that seem like the best this year; and there are more great games that will appeal to individual wants this year as well (see article mentioned above).  Also, I am not saying this is the only console you should play this year, just the one with the best looking lineup (maybe PS3's is about on par with its), but still, this assures no "I don't play my Wii anymore" wastes of topics this year... agreed?  Have fun! "
1. That's exactly it PS3 and Xbox 360 owners will be enjoying Megaman 10 too. The reason why it was exclusive back then is well because it was the only option. 

2.  Maybe these Wii games are appealing to you but the PS3 and Xbox 360 both look to have strong years.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Snail
@demontium said:

1. Megaman 10 (multiplat... but come on this is a Nintendo game)
  2. Metroid other M
  3. Red Steel 2
  4. Sin and Punishment 2
  5. Super Meat Boy
  6. and hopefully Zelda Wii 2
"
I removed those I have never heard of and highlighted the ones I actually want. 

Seriously, this list is nothing compared to other consoles' line-up.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#28  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As usual, people making lists of Wii games that I have never heard of/care about and probably would be unable to find if I walked into a random gamestop. That doesn't make them bad, or invalidate the list in any way (I'm sure you think these games are great), but it is a trend that i have noticed. Please don't hurt me.

I only really care about the next Zelda game... but remember how Twilight Princess was continually delayed over the course of two years and then underwhelmed everyone? I kind of expect that.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By baconbits33

I don't know.... I'm not interested in any of those games, except for Other M so..... no thanks.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By demontium
@Snail said:
" @demontium said:

2. Metroid other M
  3. Red Steel 2
  4. Sin and Punishment 2
  5. Super Meat Boy
"
I removed those I have never heard of and highlighted the ones I actually want.  Seriously, this list is nothing compared to other consoles' line-up. "
So you didn't read the article... great.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By demontium
@AgentJ said:

" @demontium said:

"
  1. Cave Story
  2. Tales of Graces
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Trauma Team
  6. Fragile
  7. Sin and Punishment 2
  8. Super Meat Boy
  9. The Last Story
  10. and hopefully Zelda Wii 2
 "
Fixed "
I said the must buys, some of those are niche, although *whispers* yes, those are must buys for the more intelligent gamer *whisper*. 

@K0rN said:

" @demontium said:

"Why? 

1. Cave Story
  3. Metroid other M
  4. Monster Hunter Tri
  5. Red Steel 2
  6. Sin and Punishment 2
  7. Super Meat Boy
So I am not saying these are the only games to get, just the little cash guzzlers that seem like the best this year; and there are more great games that will appeal to individual wants this year as well (see article mentioned above).  Also, I am not saying this is the only console you should play this year, just the one with the best looking lineup (maybe PS3's is about on par with its), but still, this assures no "I don't play my Wii anymore" wastes of topics this year... agreed?  Have fun! "
1. That's exactly it PS3 and Xbox 360 owners will be enjoying Megaman 10 too. The reason why it was exclusive back then is well because it was the only option.  2.  Maybe these Wii games are appealing to you but the PS3 and Xbox 360 both look to have strong years. "
"Also, I am not saying this is the only console you should play this year, just the one with the best looking lineup (maybe PS3's is about on par with its), but still, this assures no "I don't play my Wii anymore" wastes of topics this year... agreed?" 

Every console has an amazing lineup this year. 
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Snail
@demontium: Dude, stop being so naive. You've found an article on IGN that says the Wii line-up is awesome, good for you. That lineup does not entice me half as much as the PS3 lineup. That article merely points out games that might be good coming out for the Wii, and it is anything but impressive.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By TheHBK

Wow, I dont care about any of those games.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By demontium
@TheHBK said:
" Wow, I dont care about any of those games. "
Im sure there is one game on one console you must care about.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By Cube
@demontium said:
" @TheHBK said:
" Wow, I dont care about any of those games. "
Im sure there is one game on one console you must care about. "
why do you try to convince people?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#36  Edited By AgentJ
@ArbitraryWater said:
" As usual, people making lists of Wii games that I have never heard of/care about and probably would be unable to find if I walked into a random gamestop. That doesn't make them bad, or invalidate the list in any way (I'm sure you think these games are great), but it is a trend that i have noticed. Please don't hurt me.  I only really care about the next Zelda game... but remember how Twilight Princess was continually delayed over the course of two years and then underwhelmed everyone? I kind of expect that. "
I don't blame you. It's not your fault that no one reports on Wii games anymore. Doesn't mean they are any worse
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hailinel
@Snail said:
" @demontium said:

2. Metroid other M
  3. Red Steel 2
  4. Sin and Punishment 2
  5. Super Meat Boy
"
I removed those I have never heard of and highlighted the ones I actually want.  Seriously, this list is nothing compared to other consoles' line-up. "
Not really.  The must-haves on the 360 for me are non-existent and there are only a scant few on the PS3 that I'm salivating for.  Everyone's take on each console's library is going to be different, but that doesn't mean that any specific console is going to either have a bad year or has a shit library.
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
@Hailinel said:
" So you don't want to play a game because you'd rather play it on a different console even though there's no guarantee of the game being released on the console you'd prefer to play it on?  Planning a little far ahead, aren't we?  Edit:  Also, the Tatsunoko characters are pretty much the opposite of lame.  They hold their own in TvC without any issue whatsoever. "

Yeah that sounds about right.  I don't care if the tat characters hold their own within the game, they don't appeal to me.  Not one of them have a design that says "hey this is an interesting dude".  Just a bunch of random anime characters, almost all of which I don't even know, some of them dressed like birds for some reason, and others are robots and other anime stuff.  Bland generic characters with no visual appeal whatsoever.  I wouldn't buy that game even if it was on the HD systems as a ten dollar download.  I still only want a Wii so I can replay Resident Evil (REmake), and the GC version of Killer 7.  Both of which I'm hoping Capcom coughs up elsewhere as a digital download or something.
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
@ArbitraryWater said:
" As usual, people making lists of Wii games that I have never heard of/care about and probably would be unable to find if I walked into a random gamestop. That doesn't make them bad, or invalidate the list in any way (I'm sure you think these games are great), but it is a trend that i have noticed. Please don't hurt me.  I only really care about the next Zelda game... but remember how Twilight Princess was continually delayed over the course of two years and then underwhelmed everyone? I kind of expect that. "
I expect the same thing.  My excitement for Wii Zelda is completely nill.  The last zelda games to feel truly special and have the old "magic" of the series were LttP and Link's Awakening.  None of the 3-D games or GBA/DS games have done anything for me.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hailinel
@PopeAnonymousVII said:
" @Hailinel said:
" So you don't want to play a game because you'd rather play it on a different console even though there's no guarantee of the game being released on the console you'd prefer to play it on?  Planning a little far ahead, aren't we?  Edit:  Also, the Tatsunoko characters are pretty much the opposite of lame.  They hold their own in TvC without any issue whatsoever. "
 Yeah that sounds about right.  I don't care if the tat characters hold their own within the game, they don't appeal to me.  Not one of them have a design that says "hey this is an interesting dude".  Just a bunch of random anime characters, almost all of which I don't even know, some of them dressed like birds for some reason, and others are robots and other anime stuff.  Bland generic characters with no visual appeal whatsoever.  I wouldn't buy that game even if it was on the HD systems as a ten dollar download.  I still only want a Wii so I can replay Resident Evil (REmake), and the GC version of Killer 7.  Both of which I'm hoping Capcom coughs up elsewhere as a digital download or something. "
Those "bland, generic" characters are actually some of the most classic characters of the medium, dating back to the '60s and '70s.  They are the progenitors of many tropes typically associated with anime.  If you took a little time to do some research, you might have figured this out on your own, but instead you blindly assume and use the "lol, anime" argument.  If you don't know who Gatchaman, Casshan or Tekkaman Blade are, that's not Tatsunoko or Capcom's problem.

Hell, I barely know about half of the Marvel characters in MvC2.  My knowledge of American comics is casual at best.  It doesn't mean I'm going to write the game off just because I'm not familiar with half of the roster, though.
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
@Hailinel said:
" My knowledge of American comics is casual at best.  It doesn't mean I'm going to write the game off just because I'm not familiar with half of the roster, though. "
But if you did, it really wouldn't bother me at all. (hell I don't even like MVC2, and I do know all of the characters)  But it's cool, you obviously take this kind of stuff way more seriously than I do, and that's fine.  Me?  I look at these guys, they look stupid, and I don't care.  Deeper thoughts on the matter than that are a waste of time because it's just a videogame, one of thousands, all of them disposable bubble gum entertainment.  I chew until the flavor is gone, then I spit it out.  But if the gum in question says on the wrapper "shit flavored" I don't even bother trying it, and that's what I see on TvC.  Glad you're enjoying it though, have fun before the Shoryuken guys start showing up and shut you out.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel
@PopeAnonymousVII said:
" @Hailinel said:
" My knowledge of American comics is casual at best.  It doesn't mean I'm going to write the game off just because I'm not familiar with half of the roster, though. "
But if you did, it really wouldn't bother me at all. (hell I don't even like MVC2, and I do know all of the characters)  But it's cool, you obviously take this kind of stuff way more seriously than I do, and that's fine.  Me?  I look at these guys, they look stupid, and I don't care.  Deeper thoughts on the matter than that are a waste of time because it's just a videogame, one of thousands, all of them disposable bubble gum entertainment.  I chew until the flavor is gone, then I spit it out.  But if the gum in question says on the wrapper "shit flavored" I don't even bother trying it, and that's what I see on TvC.  Glad you're enjoying it though, have fun before the Shoryuken guys start showing up and shut you out. "
To me, gaming is a passionate hobby of mine, and games I enjoy, I carry a fondness for that's much more than fleeting.  I grew up playing video games.  I'm not one that spends every waking moment in front of a console (there are things such as work and a social life, after all), but in terms of what I enjoy, it's what I prefer doing, and I don't just beat and forget the ones I enjoy the most.  The fact that you're so dismissive of games in general makes me wonder how you ended up on this site in the first place.