Scratched CD

peligroy2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By peligroy2k

My x360 R6V 2 cd is scratch, What should I do??

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Get another CD?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I didn't know they were making games on CDs anymore...I really don't know what to do besides getting a new one. You could rent the game from your local Blockbuster and do a little swap, but that's not very nice is it...

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There are actually places which can repair damaged discs but good luck finding one.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush
Gamer_152 said:
"There are actually places which can repair damaged discs but good luck finding one."
Yea...definitely hard to find nowadays. Basically if you can find a local video game store (as in only one personally owned shop, not a chain) they might be able to help. There's a little shop by me that fixes every single system that's ever existed :P ...don't know how they stay in business.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I hear that toothpaste is actually a pretty good solution.
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD
^Steps 5 through 7

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DualReaver

You're all wrong. The correct answer is go out and buy Raven Shield.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
Kush said:
"I didn't know they were making games on CDs anymore...I really don't know what to do besides getting a new one. You could rent the game from your local Blockbuster and do a little swap, but that's not very nice is it..."
Blockbuster marks the middle of their discs with Sharpies for the store number and disc copy...or they use the ancient plastic shields.  Therefore, it would be marked against your account and they would sell it back to your account.
Brand new Xbox 360 game sold to your account = about $400.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By albedos_shadow

That toothpaste trick actually works pretty well. I've used it on 3 different games without fail.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
jakob187 said:
"Blockbuster marks the middle of their discs with Sharpies for the store number and disc copy...or they use the ancient plastic shields.  Therefore, it would be marked against your account and they would sell it back to your account.
"
They don't do that by me at all...they are just plain ol' blank regular discs.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

jakob187 said:
"Kush said:
"I didn't know they were making games on CDs anymore...I really don't know what to do besides getting a new one. You could rent the game from your local Blockbuster and do a little swap, but that's not very nice is it..."
Blockbuster marks the middle of their discs with Sharpies for the store number and disc copy...or they use the ancient plastic shields.  Therefore, it would be marked against your account and they would sell it back to your account.
"
I don't know if the four-hundred dollar thing is correct, but Blockbuster does, in fact, mark their discs. 

Go buy another copy, swap the discs, return the box with the scratched disc the same day, ask for your money back.  Completely, utterly wrong, but ultimately free.