• 59 results
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By chrissedoff

i don't know how someone can say mainstream hip hop sucks when kanye west, drake, rick ross, big boi and waka flocka flame all put out dope albums in the past year.
i hate how people act like a tribe called quest was huge in their day, or how people wax nostalgic about biggie or the underground kingz and then piss on anything new that has any swagger to it. hip hop is alive and well. fuck nas.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By FesteringNeon

Quality entertainment here... See my mini bio for even better music.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Kanye West

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By superfunhappygun

I'm more of a (alternative) rock fan myself, and these are the rappers I listen to:

- Atmosphere (their latest cd "The Family Sign" actually has a lot of guitarwork in it)
- Baloji (the actual song starts at 1m47s, but it's worth it - it's in French by the way)
- Braille
- Brother Ali
- Cage (has a 1-minute build-up to the actual song)
- Delinquent Habits
- P.O.S.

It's a shame you have to sift through a lot of crap before you get to some good hiphop though. That entire genre is so misrepresented.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By cheesebob
@MikeHawk:  Right then.

Firstly, this thread lacks any OutKast argueably the best rap duo ever (public enemy after 3 albums starting to suck). They have great lyrics and awesome beats. They also very rarely go into 'gangsta' mode and rap about 'bitches', guns and 'mah niggaz'.   
  Secondly, do not listen to Kanye West's seminal My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from the off. Listen to some early stuff and then try out the album. His ego isn't for everyone.

I'm avoiding stuff from the early ninties as I don't see it as modern. So I'm going from about 1998 to today. So you need some Eminem and none of that Love The Way You Lie shit. Classic Eminem.   
  Finally, although this is stretching modernity. Dr Dre before he went the way of Eminem and sold out, had some absolute classics.

Now those songs hopefull beat any of the the people you mentioned listen to
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JayDee

i'm not selling you on shit. either you like it or you don't, and you seem to have a close minded approach. as one who thinks hip hop is better than ever i can hook you up with a little mix or something extensive if you want it. not gonna do it if you're not interested. i'll start by asking you what you think of these three jawns just to get a feel, listen all the way through and drop thoughts   

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JayDee

you guys posting that backpack stuff. none of that is modern. if 10 years ago applies to this thread how does 15 not?

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Belonpopo
@MikeHawk: You don't want to be sold on todays music. It can be made on an Ipod Touch its that bad.
SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By SlantedRoom
@MikeHawk:
This is my new song. Let me know what you think!!!