Should GBeast have their own weekly podcast?

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should GBeast have their own weekly podcast? (347 votes)

Yay (more Vinny and the Wolf) 95%
No (I get from GBWest) 5%

Hi GB community,

I know that GBeast recently stepped up their game (with more QL's). GBWest as HQ is still doing the majority of the work (more QL's , podcast, UPF, MGS, etc.)

So I wanted to set this poll to see if we as community can balance the shift. I personally think QL's coming out of GBeast are getting more frequent (finally, I know they had problems etc) but I'd wish they would have their own podcast. Vinny and Alex have a great track record (GB run podcast by Vinny, Scoops and Wolf shows) that make me believe they would do awesome and I believe the community would appreciate any more GB content. (Plus more Vinny!) Not that they would got through the same content (news) but their own take on games etc.

Please vote, if you want, that is the only way we can make a difference. (and comment if you will)

• 
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dudacles

I believe they said (near the very end of this week's Bombcast) that they're working their way up to being podcast-capable right now, and the first one should be available very soon. Or did I dream that? I'm suddenly experiencing a whole lot of doubt.

OrwellHuxZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@undefined: Vinny said on this week's Bombcast--I think--that a podcast will be coming in the next month or so.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Iron_Tool

sorry about the typos in my original post, I can't edit them anymore

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

They need to integrate Vinny into everything they possibly can. This ideally for me is getting him on the bombcast via skype or conference call or something but that introduces that weird lag "are you talking? I'll stop talking." thing so that's probably not the best option. The next best alternative is to get him own his own podcast which will undermine the bombcast completely (because he's great) and the site will be destroyed. What I'm saying is he should move back to SF and fix everyting. There. Done. Problem solved. Yay!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I really miss bombing in the AM. A similar show, maybe once a week, with Vinny and Alex would be fantastic.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah bwestcast coming. i'm mostly happy because we don't have to hear people asking for it anymore.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bring on V-Pain and the Wolf

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The excitement is palpable. Can't wait til it starts up.

Vinny's Vinny, but Alex was also a huge reason why I listened to every Screened podcast. I'm curious what sort of direction they'll go with, since Bombcast II is fine but I doubt they'll just copy that format.

Now I'm just waiting for another No-Go Show.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything featuring Vinny is a "yes" from me.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just want more vinny and alex in whatever form besides quick looks for bad steam games.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Vinny is always a plus. He has definitely been missed on the site over the last year with the rather sporadic content coming out of New York.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:

Yes. I really miss bombing in the AM. A similar show, maybe once a week, with Vinny and Alex would be fantastic.

Yes, that would be great too... I'm not asking for a competing podcast, that would be lame..

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Marz

don't see why they couldn't skype a call every now and then to the main podcast, though i guess there are problems that can arise like connection loss and voice quality

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love watching Vinny and Alex look at super shitty/broken games, but I love hearing their opinions on news and stuff just as much. Plus, now I have more content for walking to class/driving to work each week, so I can't complain at all. Can't wait for Vinny, Alex, and the hopefully-soon-hired news guy/girl to start pushing out content on a regular basis.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah dude. I loved this week's Bombcast because of Alex and Vinny. Once they start their own it will be even better because that means we will get double Bombcasts, with their own flavor. I feel like getting the third person will really pull things together for GBeast, podcasts should have at least 3 people, and it will give their quick looks way more variety.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Totally, having Vinny on the bombcast this week really made it clear how much I've missed Vinny on the Bombcast. It'll be great to hear from Alex, too. A GBeast Bombcast will be particularly great once they've got one or two more staff members over there.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224 said:

i just want more vinny and alex in whatever form besides quick looks for bad steam games.

You have to admit, though, they're really turning "Quick Looks of bad Steam games" into an art form.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marz said:

don't see why they couldn't skype a call every now and then to the main podcast, though i guess there are problems that can arise like connection loss and voice quality

Those kind of issue's would come up a bit on Bombing in the AM and the audio quality wasn't super great. It was acceptable since that show was smaller; I dont think it would be as tolerated on the Bombcast.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Fucking yes it should, along with Vinny's dad

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but GBeast needs a 3rd man at least.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yep, get them a third person on there OR skype in some of the West Coast Crew.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: Yo dawg Vinny's worth 3 lesser men though!

...but seriously though if they put Vinny and Alex in anything I'm down, especially for a podcast. Even if they "compete" with the bombcast and go over the same shit, hell I listen to it at work and usually have plenty of boring work time left every week that would be best filled with GBeast.

Also the return of VinnyVania would be fantastic. We need us some Castlevania 3, or Rondo of Blood!

LocalOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm as fond of Vinny as anyone else here so I'll tune in to any podcasts with him. If they put out their own regular podcast in NY then I hope they can find a good angle for it so it supplements the regular Bombcast.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd listen to any podcast they would do, no matter the topic.

Sandwich podcast a-go.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Vinny should have his own daily podcast.

In fact, Vinny should just call me every day and chat.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This weeks podcast made me realise how much is missing from it without Vinny. Patrick also brought a lot to the site highlighting interesting games and stories from the week that I really miss.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi said:

Haha, imagine if there were different tiers of premium membership, and that was one of the benefits of the highest tier.

Or just imagine they brought back the Big Red Phone.

Miss you, Big Red Phone :*( </3

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WORD!!

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By TheMasterDS

Once they get a 3rd person yeah.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I voted yes but I'm not certain it has to be weekly. I'd be fine with one every two weeks.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would listen to a podcast that was just Vinny by himself saying "What else is going on?", so a podcast its him and Alex would probably be even better.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see them have Vinny on the regular Bombcast - I would think it would be doable (Skype, HAM Radio,.... whatever)

But yes, I'd also like a Vinny and the Wolf podcast.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This would be fantastic! I would love another podcast to listen to, would fill a gap.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If they can find the time to do it that would be awesome! I need my Vinny and Alex fix!

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zornack said:

I voted yes but I'm not certain it has to be weekly. I'd be fine with one every two weeks.

Fuck yes, anything!