Should the price for premium come down?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@efesell said:

Throughout this whole topic I think what needs to be understood is the difference between “this isn’t worth x to me” and “this isn’t worth x” and those of the former have a completely valid perspective and I think those of the latter are more than a little unreasonable.

The fact that 80% of this thread is just talking past this point is driving me nuts.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@av_gamer: "If this were a math equation, I'd say the price will not be lowered. Not enough demand for it. However, the GB staff would be wise not to raise the price, as those willing to pay more are in the heavy minority and they will lose many members, including many tippers if they do."

...what?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: This feel disingenuous when the usage of that amount is in reference to whether or not the membership price should be lowered?

iKissedMyGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've kind of always known about Giant Bomb, but didn't really get into the Bomb and Beast Cast till roughly right before the pandemic hit last year.

I pretty much listened to Game Informer when Ben was the host. Even when Ben left and Andy took over for a bit, I was a fan of Andy hosting. I feel like Ben is a really good games interviewer and I enjoyed most of the interviews he did.

I listened to MinnMax in the beginning, but I'm not feeling the vibe of the shows anymore and I haven't kept up with it. Not to say it's a bad show, but it's not on my daily rotation. I don't listen to Game Informer as much, I like Ben as a host, but they're going through an identity change with all the people they're bringing on board and it's not for me right now.

I like Easy Allies when Kyle was there and they were in studio and I do listen/watch their shows from time to time after Kyle left, but they also went out of my daily rotation and I don't keep tabs on them.

I gave Kind of Funny a shot and the few episodes I did listen/watch to, just isn't for me.

All that being said, I'm originally from the Bay Area, but moved out of state over 15 years ago and I'm nearly 40. I like the energy and vibe from the Giant Bomb crew, I can relate to them more than any other gaming podcast I listen to. I don't subscribe to any other outlets in the form of Pateron or anything like that. I jumped on $35 a year deal and I feel that is a sweet spot of me for the amount of content I get out it. $50.00 for the amount of content that is being put out now is ehhh border line for me personally only because I not fan of types of shows they put out, but I'm working from home currently and I have Giant Bomb content playing during my work day to keep my sanity as I feel like I need to have white noise conversations going on in the background.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: How is that disingenuous?

If most people in here - and I say most because it's the price I keep seeing quoted - are saying that $35 is a perfectly valid entry point - then it's worth keeping in mind that people value the membership price as roughly $3 and not roughly $4.

The price is $50. That you bought it on sale at one of the few times per year it goes on sale, then that's the price you feel its worth right? So maybe the information that people believe the content to be worth $35 a year - means that the price of $50 should actually be lowered to $35 and the sale period be removed?

Maybe another question - if the $35 sale price was scrapped indefinitely - would the people who buy in at that price be happy to go up another $15 a year to the original RRP or would they bow out.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longtimesub: Nobody is taking issue with what you wrote, but that's just not what the majority of this thread is, and it's certainly not how the thread started.

I think it would be more useful to have a separate thread that focuses on that kind of feedback of "here's what I, as a customer, would like for my money" rather than the majority of what this thread is about.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#258 FinalDasa  Moderator

I think this thread has run its course and turned questioning the work ethic and dedication of the staff thread. This thread about the price of premium just devolved into random side arguments and bickering. Worse yet is how a lot of you have forgotten just how impactful the past year or so has been on both GB staff and all of us. You can be critical and still practice empathy.