Show me your rage!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

No, this is not a rant, this is just your regularly scheduled update with your old pal Sunny. If you haven't gotten the pattern, every Sunday (or Monday morning, if I'm lazy on Sunday) I will make a blog post talking about games I've been playing. Enough introductions, let's jump to it. 

I finished Arkham Asylum on Friday night. If you read my previous blog post on it, you would know that I really like it. Those opinions have not changed. I have to say though, the ending is rather anti-climatic. I won't say anything else about that.

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!! 
SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!! 
Yesterday I rented Mortal Kombat vs. DC. I have never played a game in the series before (sue me) and seeing this game leans towards a more causal audience I decided to check it out. The combat is simple, yet satisfying. During fights, you see the characters get cut up. Cloths get ripped, etc. That's a really nice touch. There is a story more, but the story is less than interesting. It involves characters getting under the influence of "rage". Rage acts as a spreading disease in the game. Every character gets controlled by it, and it makes them...well...rage. (hence the name of the blog) Also, I wanted some extra trophies, but seeing that most of them require doing combo challenges, that won't happen.

If you were on the forums at around midnight last night you would probably know that I was looking for PC games that would run on my laptop. I found some. Last night, I played the free version of Peggle Extreme from Steam. I don't want to talk in-depth about a free game, so I'll summarize using an innuendo. Playing with balls have never been so much fun. 

Today I bought Plants vs. Zombies. I got it on disk, because I don't have a credit card, and I got home only to find out that you can't register the game on Steam. Damn it! No achievements for me. I played a little of it, because it's Sunday afternoon, I don't play much games now. I really like it. It has a great sense of humor and a ton of charm, and watching the plants slowly kill the aliens is fun to watch. 

Giantbomb looks good on my TV screen. You can't see it, but believe me.
I connected my laptop to my TV and played it like that for a bit. I'm used to playing games on big screens, so it only makes sense. It didn't really make much difference, it was just bigger. I also went on Giantbomb (as pictured) and man...does it look sexy on that screen. The black is the perfect shade and whatnot, the colors look good...you have to see it to get what I'm saying. 

Well, that's all I've been up to. Tomorrow is school for me, I was out for two days due to being sick, so I expect some make-up work slap me in the face. Until next time, peace out peeps!    
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

No, this is not a rant, this is just your regularly scheduled update with your old pal Sunny. If you haven't gotten the pattern, every Sunday (or Monday morning, if I'm lazy on Sunday) I will make a blog post talking about games I've been playing. Enough introductions, let's jump to it. 

I finished Arkham Asylum on Friday night. If you read my previous blog post on it, you would know that I really like it. Those opinions have not changed. I have to say though, the ending is rather anti-climatic. I won't say anything else about that.

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!! 
SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!! 
Yesterday I rented Mortal Kombat vs. DC. I have never played a game in the series before (sue me) and seeing this game leans towards a more causal audience I decided to check it out. The combat is simple, yet satisfying. During fights, you see the characters get cut up. Cloths get ripped, etc. That's a really nice touch. There is a story more, but the story is less than interesting. It involves characters getting under the influence of "rage". Rage acts as a spreading disease in the game. Every character gets controlled by it, and it makes them...well...rage. (hence the name of the blog) Also, I wanted some extra trophies, but seeing that most of them require doing combo challenges, that won't happen.

If you were on the forums at around midnight last night you would probably know that I was looking for PC games that would run on my laptop. I found some. Last night, I played the free version of Peggle Extreme from Steam. I don't want to talk in-depth about a free game, so I'll summarize using an innuendo. Playing with balls have never been so much fun. 

Today I bought Plants vs. Zombies. I got it on disk, because I don't have a credit card, and I got home only to find out that you can't register the game on Steam. Damn it! No achievements for me. I played a little of it, because it's Sunday afternoon, I don't play much games now. I really like it. It has a great sense of humor and a ton of charm, and watching the plants slowly kill the aliens is fun to watch. 

I connected my laptop to my TV and played it like that for a bit. I'm used to playing games on big screens, so it only makes sense. It didn't really make much difference, it was just bigger. I also went on Giantbomb (as pictured) and man...does it look sexy on that screen. The black is the perfect shade and whatnot, the colors look good...you have to see it to get what I'm saying. 

Well, that's all I've been up to. Tomorrow is school for me, I was out for two days due to being sick, so I expect some make-up work slap me in the face. Until next time, peace out peeps!    
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

How do you browse the internet on the TV?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I really enjoyed Mortal Kombat vs DC, but then Street Fighter 4 came out.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Hold on: they released Mortal Kombat vs. DC? Fuck, I am REALLY behind.

I've been watching somebody play Arkham Asylum for some time, and I have to say that it feels like one of those games you have to play to judge. That may sound weird, but let me put in perspective: we've all judged that Bubsy is crap, but have any of us actually played the game?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Tireyo
@natetodamax: By connecting the computer to the TV using a special wire! At least I think that's how it's done.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Video_Game_King said:

"  That may sound weird, but let me put in perspective: we've all judged that Boobsy is crap, but have any of us actually played the game? "

I really couldn't resist. Sorry. =P
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
@Video_Game_King said:
" Hold on: they released Mortal Kombat vs. DC? Fuck, I am REALLY behind.  I've been watching somebody play Arkham Asylum for some time, and I have to say that it feels like one of those games you have to play to judge. That may sound weird, but let me put in perspective: we've all judged that Bubsy is crap, but have any of us actually played the game? "
You really are behind.  Jeff actually got reamed in some corners of the internet for giving the game a five-star review.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Tireyo643 said:
" @natetodamax: By connecting the computer to the TV using a special wire! At least I think that's how it's done. "
The special wire called HDMI!
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hailinel: 

I have to catch up on the modern gaming scene, don't I? Might as well start now. *skims through random articles* Wait, what's this about Sega pulling out of the console market :P?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Hailinel:   I have to catch up on the modern gaming scene, don't I? Might as well start now. *skims through random articles* Wait, what's this about Sega pulling out of the console market :P? "
And you call yourself Video_Game_King?!  Gimme that crown!
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed
@Video_Game_King:
like bubsy the bobcat?.... I totally hunted it down to own it.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Zajtalan

nice vaseline lol jk

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hailinel: 

Hey, it's an inherited position! Besides, the crown only works for me.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By jmrwacko
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: Nice MGS4 reference. Also, get a monitor.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By clubsandwich

this is how I rage OP:

No Caption Provided
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Didn't read anything cause my eyes hurt looking at this damn screen.

btw nice giant bottle of lotion just an arms reach away. 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By buzz_clik
@Video_Game_King said:
" ...we've all judged that Bubsy is crap, but have any of us actually played the game? "
Yup. It's not that it's crap, it's just so MOR average. Also, if I remember rightly, the God of Bundled Ebay Cartridge Purchases has furnished me with two copies of it.
i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By i69edUrGpa
@MAN_FLANNEL: You wanna cut the guy some slack? maybe he needs to treat his dry skin during those intense hentai marathons?! You have a sick mind sir!
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@jmrwacko said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny: Nice MGS4 reference. Also, get a monitor. "
Glad you caught that. And no, because my TV is basically a monitor. 

@MAN_FLANNEL
said:
" Didn't read anything cause my eyes hurt looking at this damn screen.  btw nice giant bottle of lotion just an arms reach away.  "
That's my iPod dock, man.  

@i69edUrGpa said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: You wanna cut the guy some slack? maybe he needs to treat his dry skin during those intense hentai marathons?! You have a sick mind sir! "
It isn't all hentai!....actually I don't...just forget it.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Pie

SHOW US THE HAIRCUT!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Pie said:
" SHOW US THE HAIRCUT!
unzips pants "
O_o 

No. No one who reads this cares about my appearance in general.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pie
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Pie: WHY DO YOU OBSESSES OVER ME!?????? IT'S SCARY!! 

...boy, I'm a hypocrite.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pie
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: you so pwetty......
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Pie: Do you have a crush on me, Pie?  =P
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pie

ye- woah no ermmm I gotta go now to the........place. Bye
runs

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By beargirl1

i want your TV in my room 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

*Sues you* 

Anywhoo good read, still haven't picked up Batman AA yet though i've been meaning to for a while. Just been an absolute overhaul of games that came soon after that i found more appealing...when the games finally dry up...so has any money to get AA =P
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@AjayRaz said:
" i want your TV in my room  "
no. 
@Abyssfull
said:
"good read"  
Thanks! That's why I create these blogs!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

nice, i've been playing plants vs zombies it's pretty fun game.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thedj93
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: lol i still use an S-Video
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By brukaoru

The storyline of MK versus DC was much better than I expected... It is pretty basic but I think the dialogue from various characters is pretty good (Joker, for example). I'm also with you on the combo challenges, I won't be getting those trophies anytime soon (or ever).