sick of dev's releasing a exclussive version of the game.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I Don't know about the rest of you but, i'm very tired of micro management. I Do not like the essence of feeling like i might get tricked later when i find out they may release a new version of the game. for instance, ninja gaiden sigma 2 is on the playstation3 and i suppose its exclussive, but it has content you won't find on the xbox 360.every game this generation on game consoles in some way sounds like its been chopped, i don't feel like i am getting the full experience. i play the playstation3 alot but i think its wrong that if you own a game console, and you bought what was once a game series that was brought to life essentially on that platform. and they Release your favorite game on another platform with exclussive content. i find that unfair, now if the game hits goty, thats not so bad. fallout 3 has a GOTY version being released later this year, but its a good thing i didn't purchased FO3 because of all of the dlc that was released. now i can grab everything at once and not a cent was milked from me. its all on the disc, i don't half to worry about losing anything when/if format my console. by the way, i was almost sucked into buying Street fighter 4. now they have a essentially a goty edition coming out next year, i guess i'll half to hold off even more now so i don't feel MILKED like a cow. What are your thoughts? 

P.S sorry for the rather long introduction.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By subject2change

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia had a 1 year exclusive contract with the 360, so those that own a 360 got to play it first. During that time tho the development team can continue to work on that product lightly and produce another copy of it for PS3 owners which in return brings new people to it as well as some that own both consoles and wanted that extra content. While it isn't always pleasent it is a way for both systems to get the game and if you are on the recieving end of extra stuf you are often happy with that while others sulk. 

DLC is something that has swept games over the past few years, its a great way to earn extra bucks on the same project. Again get asmall team to make some extra maps, costumes, levels, whatever and you are pulling in 5-15 a pack. I personally havne't purchased DLC and the only DLC i considered was Killzone 2 maps and now that Fallout 3 DLC is on PSN maybe that.

While you are upset about Fallout 3 and all the DLC and the GOTY version Bethesda has done this with previous games and shouldnt come as a shocker. You are also experiencing the game a year later than most others and saving that 50 bucks while is nice got you the same experience "i" had but for you its a year later when the game is already "old". Again this also gives way to people purchasing the game again because they didnt have the DLC before or had no option to get it (PS3 owners) and figure they can buy it for 60 on disk compared to 50 for all the DLC.

It is annoying that they do these re-release versions but its an industry focused on turning around a ton of copies and more money like any other. They'll get the "fans" and rich people but not everyone shells out 60 bucks on release day, some people do wait. If something interests you that much, you shouldn't feel that abused and mistreated by potentially having to wait or buy a second copy.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deusdigit

@Subject2Change said:

"Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia had a 1 year exclusive contract with the 360, so those that own a 360 got to play it first. During that time tho the development team can continue to work on that product lightly and produce another copy of it for PS3 owners which in return brings new people to it as well as some that own both consoles and wanted that extra content. While it isn't always pleasent it is a way for both systems to get the game and if you are on the recieving end of extra stuf you are often happy with that while others sulk.   DLC is something that has swept games over the past few years, its a great way to earn extra bucks on the same project. Again get asmall team to make some extra maps, costumes, levels, whatever and you are pulling in 5-15 a pack. I personally havne't purchased DLC and the only DLC i considered was Killzone 2 maps and now that Fallout 3 DLC is on PSN maybe that. While you are upset about Fallout 3 and all the DLC and the GOTY version Bethesda has done this with previous games and shouldnt come as a shocker. You are also experiencing the game a year later than most others and saving that 50 bucks while is nice got you the same experience "i" had but for you its a year later when the game is already "old". Again this also gives way to people purchasing the game again because they didnt have the DLC before or had no option to get it (PS3 owners) and figure they can buy it for 60 on disk compared to 50 for all the DLC.  It is annoying that they do these re-release versions but its an industry focused on turning around a ton of copies and more money like any other. They'll get the "fans" and rich people but not everyone shells out 60 bucks on release day, some people do wait. If something interests you that much, you shouldn't feel that abused and mistreated by potentially having to wait or buy a second copy. "

I can't argue, you've made a excellent point. i was just showing my agression, because its a trend now. unless they re-released the game on the same console, then it wouldn't be a problem. but its so disorganizing, especially if you are a fan :P    
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iam3green

yes, i hate exclusive stuff like DLC. it really grinds my gears when that happens. when activation releases the maps for mw2 it's first going to be released for xbox 360 and then released for ps3. i find it stupid for Microsoft to do that. they already have more people playing 360 then ps3. i hate DLC, it's something that should be released for free as PC get it for free.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deusdigit
@iam3green:
You know what i just forgot? Sony during those old press conferences right before the ps3 was released were bragging about how they could put so called "extra maps, characters, levels" because of the blurays capacity. and now they aren't DOING IT!
Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Renahzor
@iam3green said:
" yes, i hate exclusive stuff like DLC. it really grinds my gears when that happens. when activation releases the maps for mw2 it's first going to be released for xbox 360 and then released for ps3. i find it stupid for Microsoft to do that. they already have more people playing 360 then ps3. i hate DLC, it's something that should be released for free as PC get it for free. "
Certainly it's not stupid for microsoft to secure early DLC for a high profile game, in order to sell more copies for their systems, which in turn shows retailers that they have more customers and earn better exposure for their consoles and other games in the retail marketplace? 

Paid DLC on consoles is here to stay, you can be sure of that, and it will trickle into the PC market as well as Digital Distribution gains popularity.  Developers are going to work on projects that earn them money to work on more projects.  Be that Premium DLC or the next game is up to them, but the days of free content, even on PC, are beginning to come to a close. 
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

Great, you know what - let's put all the same games on all the same systems with all the same functionality and just have one system?

Hang on - actually let's not, because a one console future would kill video games.

You win some, you lose some. If you feel you have to moan, buy all the systems. T'is simple.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

How the heck would a one console future kill video games? There may be no competition between first parties in such a scenario, but there sure as hell is competition between the software developers regardless. Besides, that wasn't his point, he's talking about multiplatform games.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valames

You're going to be mad when Super Street Fighter IV: Championship Edition comes out. Just sayin...

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Suicrat

This is a publisher issue, not a developer issue.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok
@Suicrat said:
" This is a publisher issue, not a developer issue. "
... What? The publisher doesn't create the extra content.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

It's nothing new.  You've always had to own all the platforms to take advantage of all games.  It sucks when there's disparity between versions, but most of the time it doesn't bother me because I'll only buy most games once.  Tales of Vesperia?  Not gonna get it for PS3.  Ninja Gaiden 2?  Didn't get it for 360.  Sure you'll miss out on some little content, but is it really that bad?

There won't be a one console future unless the videogames industry turns extremely unhealthy.  Like I've said in other threads, Nintendo, MS and Sony could team up to make a console, but that doesn't mean Apple or any other corporation couldn't force their way in.  We're at the point where most people don't care about further graphics evolution so it probably wouldn't hurt gaming in that way.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Suicrat
@PureRok: No, but the publisher decides how it's used.
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deusdigit

@Valames said:

"You're going to be mad when Super Street Fighter IV: Championship Edition comes out. Just sayin... "

And this is where capcom should learn from there past mistakes :P  Because that super street fighter iv is coming out next year. Didn't the angry VGN point this out?  

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change
@get2sammyb said:

" Great, you know what - let's put all the same games on all the same systems with all the same functionality and just have one system?  Hang on - actually let's not, because a one console future would kill video games.  You win some, you lose some. If you feel you have to moan, buy all the systems. T'is simple. "

That is not at all what he is complaining about. To me an exclusive game means it will always and only be on that system. Right now game companies are doing "limited" exclusive games and then putting MORE into the re-release on the new console like my prime examples of Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia; both games get additional content on the PS3. I can understand a company like MS or Sony wanted timed exclusivity, it makes people go out and buy that v ersion or hell even a console but his complain of well they are getting more is completely true, they also waited a year longer. I mean I am planning on buying a 360 for Splinter Cell: Conviction and if it came out the PS3 a year later i'd be pissed off cause these companies aren't saying o well its gonna be timed exclusive and next holiday season it'll be on the PS3 with more content, so you know wait a year if you want.

Extra content and re-releasing the same game as ONLY a full release with more content is the big issue; yes DLC is here to stay and i haven't found a game where i felt I needed it yet (maybe when I get around to Fallout 3 again). But a Super Street Fighter IV where i can't use my copy of SFIV and like 30 bucks of DLC to play those extra guys, etc isn't fair.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By natetodamax
@iam3green: How is stupid for Microsoft to have the DLC released for their system first? It brings in more money and causes people to buy the game faster. I think it's a genius move.