SMT IV: Who wants to get this on day one?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

The first printings are supposed to include:

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.

That seems like a worthy purchase. Plus, games on Nintendo platforms usually don't get reduced in price much, right? I don't even have a 3DS currently. My little bro does, so if I buy it, I'll use his 3DS to play it.

For people with experience with these types of Atlus deals, how long do first printing editions usually take to sell out?

Note: I was in the SMT IV section when I posted this. Don't know why it ended up in General Discussion. I think this has happened a few times now.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Me. Keep in mind that I had that typed out in multiple capital letters. I only got Nocturne a few months ago and really enjoyed it (haven't quite beaten it yet) and the other Atlus games I've played so far, so maybe this is just temporary-fan hype. But for now, I'm really fucking excited to play this game.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

I really want to but I haven't really enjoyed non Persona SMT games, didn't stop me from buying a whole ton of them, including Soul Hackers yesterday. Hopefully that will change soon, because I'm going to keep buying them until I like one of their games as much Persona 3 or 4.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I think I'll have to wait on some previews and coverage first, but if it looks to be half as much fun as some of the other SMT/Persona games I've played, I'm definitely in for a pre-order.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Yeah. I loved Nocturne and Digital Devil saga when they came out (but for the life of me never finished either).

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I pre-ordered it on amazon as soon as I could.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Hell yes. Of course!

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Also, do you have a link to where you got this info from?

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love the post-apoc setting, but I'm afraid that it might be too hardcore crawler-y for me. Just about at the end of P3 and loving it, so maybe it's the logical next step?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel

Also, do you have a link to where you got this info from?

It was announced in this morning's Nintendo Direct.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigjeffrey

Is this made by Atlus?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Aegon

@bigjeffrey said:

Is this made by Atlus?

1) It's a SMT game.

2) You have an Aigis avatar.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I already pre ordered it!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@killacam said:

I love the post-apoc setting, but I'm afraid that it might be too hardcore crawler-y for me. Just about at the end of P3 and loving it, so maybe it's the logical next step?

Yes!

If Nocturne is anything to go by, the dungeons are going to be a whole lot different than Persona's dungeons. I couldn't spend more than an hour grinding in Persona 3's dungeons, maybe two if I'm podcasting while doing it, but Nocturne's dungeons were varied and interesting, many with their own odd little things in them. Yes, it was difficult, but it's not an impossible difficulty. Definitely hard, and it definitely takes some work and thought about how you're going to play, but if you could play a Persona game then you could probably make your way through Nocturne and (presumably) this. Also, I remember hearing about a mechanic or an item or something where you can re-try a battle if you fuck up too badly.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Wow. Already was picking it up day 1, but this makes me even more excited...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit I just realized, smt 5. MORE CLOSE TO PERSONA 5

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By eirikr

Nah, I'll probably skip it, too much stuff to do. Like blog about SMT IV, edit the wiki about SMT IV, discuss SMT IV, get SMT IV tattoos, eat SMT IV tie-in candy, listen to SMT IV music, buy SMT IV bedsheets...

Hell yeah getting excited about a totally different game when talking about another major Atlus release! Bonus soda for this happening in every single SMT IV thread!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I would love to!

unfortunately I don't have a 3DS. alas, my dreams die here

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eirikr said:

Nah, I'll probably skip it, too much stuff to do. Like blog about SMT IV, edit the wiki about SMT IV, discuss SMT IV, get SMT IV tattoos, eat SMT IV tie-in candy, listen to SMT IV music, buy SMT IV bedsheets...

@bigjeffrey said:

Hell yeah getting excited about a totally different game when talking about another major Atlus release! Bonus soda for this happening in every single SMT IV thread!

Yeah, there's always some guy like that.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eirikr

@hailinel said:

@eirikr said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Yeah, there's always some guy like that.

And they have every right to be excited in whatever way they want. I don't want to be "that guy."

However, I am a guy who gets a little dismayed at this attitude when it pops up. Yes, yes, as far as Index's (empty) bank goes, Shin Megami Tensei's importance has been eclipsed by Persona. But this is gonna be great! It's gonna be great.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Only if this game has Personas and a naked Lucifer with six wings.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eirikr

@fluxwavez: It has personas except they are called demons (very important distinction), and as for Lucifer...

No Caption Provided

He could totally be naked in what will undoubtedly be a terrible new design, who knows!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@eirikr said:

@fluxwavez: It has personas except they are called demons (very important distinction), and as for Lucifer...

He could totally be naked in what will undoubtedly be a terrible new design, who knows!

Yeah, I know. I was just poking fun at the all-too-entertaining SMT vs. Persona war. But yeah, I've not been a fan of this Kamen Rider stuff since they were first shown and I don't want to see more of their unfitting designs appearing in SMTIV.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chop

nah

I've disliked every SMT game I've tried besides Persona. I'm done assuming I like that series because I liked two games from a spin off type thing.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eirikr
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Vonocourt

Yep, totally. May pick up Soul Hackers depending on how much I get this pay check too.