So anyone who doesn't like a newly released shooter....

• 64 results
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

....Is automatically a Call of Duty lover?

This is getting ridiculous, whenever a new game comes out the forums go insane with people bashing others for not liking it. The number one most used counter argument is that "You don't like it because it's not CoD you little bitch"...You can give whatever reason, bad controls, lame level design, repetitiveness, bad graphics, uneven difficulty, etc. but none of it matters.

Killzone 3 wasn't bad because it wasn't Call of Duty but because it had no personality it was just bland throughout yet it was easy to call others out on that and simply yell out CoD hurr durr!!

Why is this happening? Even here on GB where most people play more than just Call of Duty all day. There must be a reason beyond it being the best-selling FPS franchise on the market.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

You said it, Vinny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@Vinny_Says said:

....Is automatically a CoD lover.

This is getting ridiculous, whenever a new game comes out the forums go insane with people bashing others for not liking it. The number one most used counter argument is that "You don't like it because it's not CoD you little bitch"...You can give whatever reason, bad controls, lame level design, repetitiveness, bad graphics, uneven difficulty, etc. but none of it matters.

Killzone 3 wasn't bad because it wasn't CoD but because it had no personality it was just bland throughout yet it was easy to call others out on that and simply yell out CoD hurr durr!!

Why is this happening? Even here on GB where most people play more than just CoD all day. There must be a reason beyond CoD being the best-selling FISH franchise on the market.

Fix'ed it for ya

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's just a small step in the ongoing Gamespot-ification of Giant Bomb.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

But I like Call of Duty :(

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
@chrismafuchris said:

Yep. We've gotten too big.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

A shooter has to either have superb multiplayer (BF3 Beta) or a really, really good story to make me want to play it. I've simply played far too many FPS games to get excited about them these days. If a shooter plays really well but has terrible characters and story then count me out. (Killzone 3, Rage from what I'm hearing)

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ravenlight said:

No Caption Provided

agreed

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#10  Edited By Mystyr_E

@ajamafalous: At least a lot of us were around Giantbomb during their indie days, not their sold out to music label days...or something like that

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Commisar123

@ajamafalous said:

@chrismafuchris said:

Yep. We've gotten too big.

I hope you are kidding

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I like CoD, well at least some of the games, but its slowly being driven into the dirt by repetitiveness. I don't like other shooters mostly because a lot of them have bad controls, no story, bad characters (etc.) and also try to be CoD. I don't like some modern shooters, not because they aren't CoD, but because they try to be CoD.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Branthog

I don't get people who hurl COD/MW around like an insult. I really love COD/MW. I also really love BF3, Red Orchestra 3, Counter-Strike, Uncharted, Civilization V, Hearts of Iron and like a zillion other games. I guess the insinuation isn't so much "you like a game, lol" as "you are a dude-bro!".

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack268

YOU DONT LIKE PEOPLE WHO CALL PEOPLE COD LOVERS 

YOURE A COD LOVER BITCH 

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#15  Edited By donutfever
You don't like that people are calling people who don't like a newly released shooter a CoD-Lover because it's not CoD you little bitch
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By crusader8463

It has just become shorthand for "You must like the generic mass market crap because you don't like the same game as me. So go play that and leave me to my game."

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By swoxx

What happened to you giant bomb, you used to be cool.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I don't like resistance because It got boring. Also I've never owned a modern warfare game. so yeah... shut up?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By louiedog

I think it's great. You can efficiently weed out people whose opinions you should not listen to with one simple comment. Sometimes it takes an entire discussion to learn that.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GreggD

It's currently installing on my PC, but I'm not gonna call you names because you don't dig it.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Arker101

How about, instead of throwing away peoples opinion with a dismissive comment, we discuss the topic and give our own well thought out, thoughts on the matter!

No Caption Provided

Gentlemen, I implore you.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont like FPS's.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

What the hell's going on again?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By napalm
@Video_Game_King said:
What the hell's going on again?
Vinny_Says is butthurt about something, again, so instead of actually tackling the issue head-on where it belongs, such-as the person Vinny_Says is butthurt over, he decides to start a whiny thread in GenDisc hoping people will agree with him. 

Also, OP is wrong and the guy who said it weeds out discussion is correct.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By huntad

I think CoD is pretty cool. I don't like how they make a new one every year, but every other year the CoD games are pretty good.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@drag said:

@Ravenlight said:

No Caption Provided

agreed

But what will you do about Health care? 
TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TyrellOCP

I like Haddock personally.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OldGuy
@Vinny_Says said:
...people bashing others ...

Why is this happening? Even here on GB...

Hi. Welcome to The Internet.
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By shivermetimbers

@Ravenlight said:

No Caption Provided

Gotta love that Cod....especially with chips.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Thankfully I have not seen this on GiantBomb, ever.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaggE

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Because you were too busy playing CoD LOLOLOLOLOL,

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@ShaggE said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Because you were too busy playing CoD LOLOLOLOLOL,

Oh, you rascal.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By falling_fast

the only new fps I can see myself buying is red orchestra 2. when I get a pc that can run it, anyway.

At least, at the moment. what I've seen of Battlefield 3 doesn't impress me. I liked the previous two modern warfare games, but since the Infinity Ward thing went down, I'm not sure about it. I'll wait for some more giantbomb coverage before I make my final decision. and even then, I don't want to give Activision money. Rage looks fine but I don't really feel like playing just a straight up id shooter right now.

in all likelihood, I'll be playing skyrim instead, and maybe buying one or more of these games mid next year, tbh

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By DarthOrange
Every REAL gamer knows this the only true FPS! All other games are for peter puffing teenagers!
Every REAL gamer knows this the only true FPS! All other games are for peter puffing teenagers!
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By Levio

If you love COD so much, why don't you just accept that it doesn't love you back and let it move on?

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By benpicko

Maybe I misread the OP, but I completely agree with him. If I were to say "wow that BF3 beta sure is crap" someone is going to reply "G0 PLY COD U N0OB".

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

But I like Killzone 3.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vinny_Says

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Napalm: So me being wrong would mean that yes in fact everyone who dislikes a new shooter is a Call of Duty fanboy? I'm not even sure you read my post....

No Caption Provided
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By willin

5 years ago it was Halo. 5 years before that it was Quake. Everyone generation has this kind of game.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vodun

Yes, one or two people have probably done this but I really don't see it as a problem. Probably it's just a (fish)bone you have to pick with a particular user.

Also, to keep up with the image macros I love me some cod:

MMMMMMCoDnChips
MMMMMMCoDnChips
Ijsje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ijsje

The problem is Not CoD but ....its success among "casual gamers"

Not all people who play CoD are casual gamers ofcourse , but a large chunk of the people that play the game frequently are .

We all know what I`m talking about , you know : "that guy" at work that barely knows how to turn on a pc/ console .

He never heard of games like Half life , Fallout ,Soulreaver ,The Elder Scrolls , Demon's Souls and for a long time even didn`t know Battlefield or Crysis !!

Yet , he does know CoD , and it's all he ever talks about , and sometimes even to a degree where he calls all other games shite , and thinks people that play these other games are idiots/nerds.(somehow RPG players take the brunt of these insults haha)

Cod games are not bad !! , far from it , some of them are brilliant , and without the CoD franchise , online multiplayer action FPS games would not be what they are today, especially on the Consoles.

CoD's multiplayer is fun , easy to pick up and filled with constant action .

Also it's easy to just fire up and play for a couple of minutes , so if you don`t have a lot of time CoD is great to still get some satisfaction out of that 10 min session (where games like battlefield that are more complex and tactical and have a heavy focus on teamplay require more time not just to play but also to learn)

All these things and ofcourse the popularity of the CoD franchise even among "casual gamers " and even "non-gamers" also are the cause for the "larger than normal " group of younger players that play these games.

Not just because they want to play it , but also because "dad" heard about the game and buys it for the kids.

You know how kids are ,they can be obnoxious little monsters at times , especially when they don't get what they want and get mad , (I'm a teacher btw haha)

Ofcoure these kids would never be able to vent their anger at their parents without some serious repercussion.

They know this , but to some random guy on xbxolive or psn they can !!

And they will .....if they have a mic available !!... plenty of kiddie mic raging goin on on XBL and even PSN !!

And thus the CoD kiddie / CoD noob terms were born

I guess the reason why people immediately call CoD noob when you dislike any other shooter is ; that a lof of the FPS nowadays try to emulate CoD , because they want the same success , and the key to this is... make it appeal to a wide/varried audience .

The devs don`t care about what the core gamers want , they want to sell as much copies as possible .

the sometimes horrible dumbed down games that are a results of these circumstances , frustrate the long time fans of the FPS genre , that are craving for "something new and original >> the next genre defining game for years to come"

So..Fearing that these , CoD clones become the new dominant norm in the FPS genre they get a bit overprotective of games that try to do something different , they just want to see these games succeed.

Some of these people though ....obviously are so extremely frustrated by all this that they feel the need to insult anybody playing CoD games.

Also I guess for a lot of FPS fans Battlefield is the only big franchise currently left that tries to be different ,and ofcourse there is the large group of long time Battlefield players that just love the franchise .

They fear that one day Battlefield will also suffer the "CoD Syndrome" so they try to defend battlefield and prevent this from happening at all cost.

And with good reason , just look at the BF3 beta , the metro map and the complete lack of vehicles is a horrible choice to demo a BF game !!

this is a map designed to draw in the CoD masses .

So........In short : Fear and Anger issues !!

(good lord I could have saved myself a lot of typing if I just went with that in the first place ...ooh well )

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By Rekt_Hed

Fanboyism makes some people really mad. I just let them get on with it. Some people just want fish and that's all they ever want or want to know.

Variety is the spice of life but not every gamer wants spicy games I guess. I certainly wouldn't bash someone for not liking a new fps. Everyone is entitled too opinion no matter how wrong it is :p

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I like Call of Duty. Hate all you want, but since CoD4 those games have had tremendous polish, addictive multiplayer, and roller coaster thrill ride campaigns mostly unmatched in today's shooter market.

People who complain about Call of Duty are fuckin' idiots.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Masha2932
@crusader8463 said:

It has just become shorthand for "You must like the generic mass market crap because you don't like the same game as me. So go play that and leave me to my game."

This
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Get over it. They have nothing better to do so let em go nuts, just close the web page and move on.

And the rest of the regular sods here, if anyone is concerned about this turning into Gamespot 2.0, its up to yourselves to change it.
Don't stand on the sidelines saying "Yup".

Ijsje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ijsje

@KingWilly: I agree , even though I'm not exactly a big CoD fan , I always enjoyed the campaigns

For multiplayer , I prefer Battlefield though , I prefer the class based stuff , guess it's because I love playing a support role in online games , in RPG's i`m always tanking or healing.

Battlefield gives me the 2 things I like..a large scale tactical warfare fps experience , with a side of Support class like I love to play in RPG's.

And in Battlefield I actually get rewarded for my hard work in supporting others :)

Need a medic ?.... ammo ? .... some covering fire ?.... a mobile sneaky spawnpoint behind enemy lines ??.... or just someone willing to protect you and your bomb plant / flag cap with his life ??

Ijsje is your man / cannonfodder !! hehe

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By damswedon

Last console generation it was Halo, this console generation it is Call Of Duty. People complain about everything.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By minotaka

K3 was soooo dissapointing :(((

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Sooty: I feel the same way.

There are some times where I just skip the cutscenes because I want to kill something though.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Anund

@TaliciaDragonsong: But... being bitter and cynical makes me sound cool and distinguished and also gives the impression I was among the first 10 people to visit the site and remember the Good Old Days.