So what to do with the Wiimote while using CC?

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rubsnick

Got it with MH3 right? Sometimes I get excited and forget the damn thing is attached and bam it will hit the floor when I stand or whatever.... How can I prevent this? I mean I could attach it to my wrist but it gets heavy and annoying after a while... I'm a gamer that Stands to play and also sits periodically (need to see the screen better) So anyone have any cheap solutions? I'm thinking of just applying duct tape and be done with it but then I'm just kind of like.... maybe not don't want all that sticky stuff all over it.

ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ScubaStoobie

Back before my sister stole my wii I sat down and played and this still bothered me loads. I think it may be a good idea to wear a long sleeve shirt and tuck it in one of the sleeves?

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rubsnick
@ScubaStoobie: That is a good idea... but not where I live... Puerto Rico.... an island in the caribbean.... it's currently a nice 81 degress F.... and it's 9:30 at night... on a cloudy rainy night! Just think about that for a second... I'd bake! XD Thanks anyways dude.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By ZenaxPure

Maybe a dumb question but is there any reason you can't adjust your room so you can sit and play more comfortably? I tend to forget about the wii remote, depending the chair I am in of course.

ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ScubaStoobie

That sounds miserable buddy, I'm sorry to hear that.

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rubsnick
@Zenaxzd: Not really I don't have a Chair in my Room only a bed... so it's either Laying down/ sittingish.... or standing up and when I stand I see the TV alot better (mounted on a wall at a high angle and what not...)
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By agentboolen

Not sure if I understand your problem, your saying the wiimote gets heavy?  I know the Xbox 360 controller is a heavier controller, the wiimote seems light to me, so i'm definitely not sure I understand you correctly.

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rubsnick
@agentboolen: 
 [img]http://www.mywii.com.au/img/news/wii-classic-controller.jpg [/img]
 See how you can only hold the Classic Controller
   now the wii mote just dangles and if I hang it by the wristrap it isn't balanced and it starts to way heavy on one hand more then the other (weight not evenly distributed) so I have to switch during gameplay to make it comfy. If I don't do that I just leave the Wiimote dangling on my bed or whatever and then I forget it's attached and boom whenver I move it hits the floor... It's very very annoying...
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ElegantRuby
@rubsnick:
I got mine when I bought Tatsunoko vs Capcom.  I just keep my wiimote in my pocket.  It works best that way.  :D
ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ScubaStoobie
@ElegantRuby said:
" @rubsnick: I got mine when I bought Tatsunoko vs Capcom.  I just keep my wiimote in my pocket.  It works best that way.  :D "
It baffles me how I never thought of this.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Willy105

I've never tried an official Classic Controller.

I have been using a wireless Gamecube controller that has the button placements of the Classic Controllers for that kind of stuff. But with GCN support being phased out, I may have to adjust.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By DJ_Lae

I just sort of stick it on the couch beside me. It's awkward, but it works. 

Sometimes I cram it between the cushions so it doesn't go anywhere, but they I run into the same problems as I would with any wired controller. 

It's a pretty stupid design choice.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Emilio

Put it in your pocket or inside your underwear.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agentboolen
@rubsnick said:

" @agentboolen:   [img]http://www.mywii.com.au/img/news/wii-classic-controller.jpg [/img]  See how you can only hold the Classic Controller   now the wii mote just dangles and if I hang it by the wristrap it isn't balanced and it starts to way heavy on one hand more then the other (weight not evenly distributed) so I have to switch during gameplay to make it comfy. If I don't do that I just leave the Wiimote dangling on my bed or whatever and then I forget it's attached and boom whenver I move it hits the floor... It's very very annoying... "

O.k. now I understand what you mean.  Yea I can see how this is such a problem.  Its kind of sad because this is because Nintendo seems to be trying to keep the price down on the classic controller, so now your stuck with having a wire.  For a solution I would say just get a extension cord, here is one listed on ebay.  I would think that this could fix your problem.
rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rubsnick
@agentboolen:  Hey thanks that might actually be a nice idea...  Edit: I just purchased one this should be perfect for my situation!
@Emilio said:

" Put it in your pocket or inside your underwear. "

Um..... I don't wear underwear.... just shorts.... I pretty much freeball is all the time.... if not.... lets just say your balls would be toasted by the heat here.... trust me I'm not the only one who does this!
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Emilio
@rubsnick said:
" @agentboolen:  Hey thanks that might actually be a nice idea...  Edit: I just purchased one this should be perfect for my situation!
@Emilio said:

" Put it in your pocket or inside your underwear. "

Um..... I don't wear underwear.... just shorts.... I pretty much freeball is all the time.... if not.... lets just say your balls would be toasted by the heat here.... trust me I'm not the only one who does this! "  
Cool.