Space strategy games

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

I've been looking for a new space strategy game, something a lot like Master of Orion. But a bit more modern, if that's possible. I've been looking at Sins of a Solar Empire, but I don't know anything about it. Any suggestions?

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Sins is great. It's real-time, but it happens on such a large scale that it feels more turn-based. The actual space-ship combat feels a little more hectic, since you control the units movements and abilities as they fight. Also, if you're going to get Sins, make sure to get the expansion packs (Entrenchment and Diplomacy) since they add a lot of great content to the main game.

Galactic Civ 2 (all turn based) is a lot of fun, too. Lots of different races to play as and different ways to win.

Those are really the only ones I can think of at the moment.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Galactic Civ?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By DCFGS3

I don't think Galactic civ is my thing, I guess I'll try Sins though. Shame there isn't an updated version of Orion, that game was awesome.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Astras

in any order, I have played all of these to death, and they're all excellent!

• Masters of orion 2
  • Sins of a Solar empire
  • Galactic Civ 2 Dread lords *there is a lets play on youtube if you want to see what it's like... and; it's awesome, the expansions add alot to the game also.
  • X3 - when you start building up your own empire it feels kind of like a space strategy game butt with extream low level detail i.e. sector traders, universe traders, stations, complexes, suplly chains (Trading stations) manipulated to push your goods out throughout the universe.. and your own fleets.
  • Eve Online, If you get into a reputable corp/alliance and work your heart out you will be influencing your alliance's hold on it's soverignty or perhaps making stratigic decisions.
Kieran_ES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kieran_ES

Sins is fantastic, one of the best strategy games of the last few years.