Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By eloj

Sui GenerisTech looks good.

Good points in presentation:

• All dynamic lighting
  • Physics-based world (with tight collision boxes)
  • Day-time cycle
  • Rejecting loudness wars (level scaling)
  • Gold star: They have a lot of the tech and tools ready beforehand.

The combat looks odd, but could be cool. It's heavily if not entirely physics-based they say, so damage and effects are calculated from mass of weapons and the energy you put into it?

They promise that NPCs are AI-driven and move around the world looking to fulfill their own goals. So more U7/oblivion than the exclamation points over planted NPC heads, that for some reason are still popular.

On the downside, they really only seem to have tech and ideas about systems they want, but I guess that's more than some of these projects have.

I'm in for 20GBP.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By salarn

I don't think anyone on that team has any experience making a game.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jimbo

@Salarn said:

I don't think anyone on that team has any experience making a game.

Yeah, it came off as 'we built this cool toolset but have no idea what to do with it'. £150k isn't going to build them much of a game.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Valkyr

LOL, Sui Generis is a well known Argentinian band from the 70s.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

What does the 'c' stand for?

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

They need to bring an art director on board ASAP, and for some reason, that name really bugs me. A little too on the nose there, guys.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

They have some neat tech, I guess. I hope they plan on improving the character animations, because that man looks pretty dorky when he swings his sword around.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shiftymagician

At the very least, provided it is all legit, they have a very valuable piece of technology there that they could turn into some neat middleware that could be attractive to developers. If they don't succeed at their Open World idea they can still scale down to a really intriguing dungeon crawler game with convincingly cool technology. I'd definitely give their game a shot should they end up releasing one.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loafsmooch

I'd love an entirely physics-based combat system in a RPG. Kinda like mount & blade, but more physics.. and more game.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By John1912

Everything but the name looks great to me! The name is awful. Suppose he did look kinda drunk swinging those swords but I liked the animations. Good graphics, nice lighting, and physics detail. The lightning strikes and pause betweem the distance from the thunder was pretty sweet. One of those things that just doesnt need to be there, is prob a complete waste of space and processing power, but man I love the idea of it LOL!

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By butano

Very impressive tech they have there, but as others have said, it sounds like they don't really have a story in mind yet to make it a game. Everything else about it though is pretty cool. The map making tool is probably what I was most impressed with, along with the fight with the big ogre dude. Animations could use a little work, but I'm impressed with what they have so far.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I backed it. The engine looks really good and I'm one that looks more for a great engine than anything else in games. Worst case, even if they don't come out with a good story line, this amazing piece of tech will be out there for the public and will hopefully set a new bar for PC RPGs. Also hoping that maybe somebody with better ideas can take that engine and work off it for their own game(s).

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akyho