• 171 results
Decaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hnnaldor: Some short runs I thought were really good:
Maldita Castilla: Close race of a neat game with good friendly competition. (The gauntlet runs immediately after were good coop runs.)

Tetris: The Grand Master - If you've ever played tetris, watch those and be amazed.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Cool platformer with a smattering of Dev commentary.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By villainy

Hey 2poch! No idea if that actually came out of GB but still awesome :)

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#153  Edited By TheMasterDS

WE GOT 2POCH! YEAH!

HnNaldoR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaped said:

@hnnaldor: Some short runs I thought were really good:

Maldita Castilla: Close race of a neat game with good friendly competition. (The gauntlet runs immediately after were good coop runs.)

Tetris: The Grand Master - If you've ever played tetris, watch those and be amazed.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Cool platformer with a smattering of Dev commentary.

Oh yeah. i watched the tetris run. It was downright incredible

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By Ghostiet

@hnnaldor said:

The pokemon, digimon, roundabout runs were fantastic. Any other runs you guys think is a must watch?

Shovel Knight, it's great, especially how they blow the dev's minds with the amount of bypasses and glitches they found. Earthbound is a classic, the way they manipulate RNG is amazing and they shattered the estimate. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is super funny. Big Jon's Lost Levels run is great too. Ecco the Dolphin 2 is really interesting to watch, with some great commentary. Chester Cheetah is just funny thanks to SecksWrecks and couch commentary. Octodad co-op run is pretty fun to watch. Freedom Planet race was cool. Dustforce DX I thought was great. The Kirby block was also pretty good, with the exception of Avalanche.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

They said a guy donated 51 THOUSAND. DOLLARS. Not all at once, but in separate donations throughout.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WITH INFINITE DISPOSABLE INCOME AND HOW DO THEY BECOME MY SUGAR DADDY!?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say - mad props for the absolute silence in the room when the Crono (who was named Iwata) "resurrection" and hug scene happened. It definitely got to me.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Deus Ex HR run was awesome. Love seeing games that take me a week to beat get completely obliterated. Also The Wheel of Time run was cool too cause I played that demo way too much. Still need to go watch the Hotline Miami2 run.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

The part where "Memories of Iwata" played... man.

Fantastic Marathon. Super glad Iwata won so many names. Usually it's just injoke hell. I mean, I guess we contribute to that injoke hell with our own injokes but damn it ours are different! Loved that. Plus there were a ton of great runs and a ton I still need to see.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

What an awesome event. So glad I could watch. What an ending!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I was dead asleep at the end what happened? Also....I'm always at a loss for what to do with myself for the first day or so after these things. A week solid of constant runs and now we gotta wait until January for AGDQ. ;_;

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was dead asleep at the end what happened? Also....I'm always at a loss for what to do with myself for the first day or so after these things. A week solid of constant runs and now we gotta wait until January for AGDQ. ;_;

Haha was feeling the same, then saw that GBE did a part 2 for contradiction but still kind of missing the event.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@the_big_rough: Yeah I guess upside here is I have the entire week of GB content to burn through.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Rahf

For those that missed the event, Speed Demos Archive stores all the runs on its YouTube channel.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing catch-up now. 0-starring Mario 64 was pretty swell and I never get tired of seeing Tony Hawk runs.

Someone's surely marathoned the entire series, right?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Things worth watching: DKC Race, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (WR), Super Monkey Ball, Tetris, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid Prime 2, Portrait of Ruin, Spica Adventure (WR), Hotline Miami 2, Half Minute Hero, Gunstar Heroes, Prince of Persia, Deus Ex: HR, Entire FPS Block (Fear, Wheel of Time, Unreal, Doom Scythe, Spear of Destiny, Super Noah's Ark 3D), Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell (Runner's voice is annoying but the run itself is fascinating) Mario Kart 64, Fallout, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Boshy, Mario Bros: Lost Levels, Mario 3 Race, Dark Souls II, Link to the Past (3rd fastest run ever), Mario 64, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#167  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Was watching it at work and said to myself "how the hell do you speedrun Mario Kart?". Boy did he show me it was amazing.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Is there a breakdown of runs by game and links to the video or timecode? I want to go through and find games I want to watch.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Ghostiet

@fredchuckdave said:

Things worth watching: DKC Race, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (WR), Super Monkey Ball, Tetris, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid Prime 2, Portrait of Ruin, Spica Adventure (WR), Hotline Miami 2, Half Minute Hero, Gunstar Heroes, Prince of Persia, Deus Ex: HR, Entire FPS Block (Fear, Wheel of Time, Unreal, Doom Scythe, Spear of Destiny, Super Noah's Ark 3D), Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell (Runner's voice is annoying but the run itself is fascinating) Mario Kart 64, Fallout, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Boshy, Mario Bros: Lost Levels, Mario 3 Race, Dark Souls II, Link to the Past (3rd fastest run ever), Mario 64, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger.

This is a good list. Add the Earthbound run, Shovel Knight, the Kirby block minus Avalanche, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Chester Cheetah, Ecco the Dolphin 2, Octodad co-op and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 to it.

Basically, there's a lot of good shit to watch from this year.

mikeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By mikeful

Here is list to archive links extracted from YouTube videolist. Let me know if you spot any errors.

EDIT: Added days as titles and highlighted mentioned runs.

Sunday July 26th

Monday July 27th

Tuesday July 28th

Wednesday July 29th

Thursday July 30th

Friday July 31st

Saturday August 1st

Sunday August 2nd

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostiet: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I forgot.