Tabletop games that should be adapted to video games

BAUagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By BAUagent

Besides Warhammer 40000 what other tabletop games should be made into video games?

The few games I can think of are Monsterpocalypse and WARMACHINE.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By artelinarose

Infinity. Yep.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CheapPoison

@BAUagent said:

Besides Warhammer 40000 what other tabletop games should be made into video games?

I love you.

But Warmachine is getting a video game already, although i don't have high hopes.

And Monsterpocalypse if there is gonna be a movie a game might actually be pretty likely

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slay3r1583

Warmachine/Hordes could be pretty cool. I always wanted Relic to do a Dawn of War style RTS using the Warhammer Fantasy setting. With the problems that THQ has been having and the layoffs at Relic the chances of that ever happening now are probably pretty much 0.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Warmachine would be cool, although one that comes to mind is Mage Knight. It got a couple pretty shitty games, but I would love a game that captures the collection aspect of the game as well as attempts to emulate the gameplay of controlling your armies on the battlefield.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Shadowrun.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gargantuan

@Artemesia said:

Infinity. Yep.

An Infinity game could be awesome if done right.

Nomads forever!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Inquisitor, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Battlefleet Gothic, Gorkamorka, and Necromunda

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nintendoeats

I don't think that any tabletop game can be properly converted to a video game, because my favorite aspect is modelling. There will never by a computer game that allows me to attach a gargoyle to an Ork and call it a Stormboy. That's half the fun gone right there.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supamon

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Inquisitor, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Battlefleet Gothic, Gorkamorka, and Necromunda

It will never happen but one can dream.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Julmust

Arkham Horror and Nexus Ops.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MideonNViscera

The Biker Mice From Mars board game.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By mazik765

Warhammer fantasy. Could make a cool RPG or action game (not counting WAR).

@nintendoeats said:

I don't think that any tabletop game can be properly converted to a video game, because my favorite aspect is modelling. There will never by a computer game that allows me to attach a gargoyle to an Ork and call it a Stormboy. That's half the fun gone right there.

This is a good point. As cool as the Dawn of War games are they fail to capture half the fun of the hobby (for some people the whole fun).

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By artelinarose

@Gargantuan said:

@Artemesia said:

Infinity. Yep.

An Infinity game could be awesome if done right.

Nomads forever!

The obvious choices would be a tactical shooter or a turn based strategy game modeled heavily after the tabletop game's rules. Either way, I'd be excited if it were ever to happen.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Harpell

Some one should make a Total War style Warhammer Fantasy Battle game.

And while we're at it, a singleplayer RPG of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It'd be like Skyrim, except with perma-death.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By tourgen

@CheapPoison said:

@BAUagent said:

I love you.

But Warmachine is getting a video game already, although i don't have high hopes.

And Monsterpocalypse if there is gonna be a movie a game might actually be pretty likely

Warmachine is getting a game?! YES!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Malifaux.

I just want to fucking exist in that crazy world.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I know there's games for it. But I want MORE games for it. Also, I know it'll never happen probably but Infinity would probably make for a pretty rad video game.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inkerman

I'd actually like a tabletop game game, rather than a videogame based on the fiction. Like, you basically played an electronic version of the tabletop game, but everything was easier because you didn't need to squabble over rules or measure moves, etc. You could even put in a really good unit editor where you could paint with great detail and maybe even modify your troops in other ways. Another advantage would be within this game you put in different kinds of tabletop games, like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Classic, as well as Crossfire, etc.

Having said that, I think such a game would butcher tabletop companies' profits.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

@Inkerman said:

I'd actually like a tabletop game game, rather than a videogame based on the fiction. Like, you basically played an electronic version of the tabletop game, but everything was easier because you didn't need to squabble over rules or measure moves, etc. You could even put in a really good unit editor where you could paint with great detail and maybe even modify your troops in other ways. Another advantage would be within this game you put in different kinds of tabletop games, like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Classic, as well as Crossfire, etc.

Having said that, I think such a game would butcher tabletop companies' profits.

well if the tabletop company helped with making it and marked it then they could get cut of the profit.

i don't play any games but dungeons and dragons, but they already made one of those.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Brodehouse said:
Shadowrun.
Or even just a more modern version of the SNES and Genesis renditions.
mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By mowgers

I'd love an Infinity game, don't know what it'd be to do the tabletop game justice though.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Jolt92 said:

Arkham Horror and Nexus Ops.

This man has it correct. Arkham Horror is already an RPG-esque board game, enough so to the point where all I'd really want is a digital version of it. No need to convert it to anything else.

This is also why I have a painstakingly hand-modified version of a base VASSAL module for it. The owners of Arkham Horror did not allow the module creator to have any card text, so I manually edited all of the cards with the text from my decks. Took forever. Then no one wanted to play. That was a sad day wasted.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pogs

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VierasTalo
BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Jolt92 said:

Arkham Horror

Definitely this! Though we have Call of Cthulu and Amnesia: The Dark Descent to scratch that Lovecraftian itch, I want a direct translation of the board game with the same art style, gothic music, and great animation.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By scarace360

Warhammer 40K tabletop game. I just want a video game version of the table top game kinda like how there doing magic the gathering now.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Branthog

@Brodehouse said:

Shadowrun.

You mean, like this?

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mason

I'd love to see the concepts of Middle-Earth Quest boardgame adapted into a multiplayer video game.

Player one would act as Sauron, spreading his evil strategies across the world map and consolidating power. While all of the other players would run from location to location taking on quests to beef up their characters while stamping out player 1's evil influence. You could even make the hero characters quest phases into quick 3rd person RPG-action scenarios. Man, I'd play that.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

All of them, but like, make it just the tabletop, with fancy visuals.

I'm starting some DnD with my group soon and had the brilliant idea to use blender and my growing ability to make things look perty in it to make Dungeon tiles that are actually properly lit by light sources, and little animations for finding Chests O' Loot and the like.

Every electronic means of playing Tabletops online fucking sucks. It's never supported, has an AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLx99999999999 UI, and is overly complicated. I still can't believe there isn't a good one out there with popular rule sets pre-built, and a highly moddable structure that lets you import sprites, maps, tiles, etc. But no, I have to deal with some janky RPTools bullshit.