Tales of Vesperia PS3, Tales of Vs, Tales of Grace, Movie Cnfmed?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Believe what you want at this point as it is April 1st, but here you go:

It looks rather well done, but 4 Tales related announcements on one day from one mag?  Maybe,  I guess.
But they say Tales of Vs is due in 2000 and they also have it saying "xbox/tov project" , so I dunno.

It's april 1st, so obviously be cautious, but here you go.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By vidiot

A Tales of Vesperia movie had already been announced quite a while ago.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Tales of VS could be cool as hell. Dissidia is an amazing game. Hopefully they'll both be good fanservice fighters.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
Jayge said:
"Tales of VS could be cool as hell. Dissidia is an amazing game. Hopefully they'll both be good fanservice fighters."
With this and Dissidia, I may be forced to buy a PSP at some point in the near future. 

I'm not too happy about the character designs of the Wii game though.

Way to report on a legit story Smug!
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

hmmm they are releaseing way to many tales games its what 5 now this generation including the ps3 version of vesperia?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
WilliamRLBaker said:
"hmmm they are releaseing way to many tales games its what 5 now this generation including the ps3 version of vesperia? "
Its about on par with their normal output, but many times we don't get them over here in the states. In fact, none of those are guaranteed to come stateside. There was a PS2 version of Symphonia that stayed in Japan, and theres about 3 or 4 Tales games for the DS that havent crossed the Pacific yet.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
Jayge said:
"Tales of VS could be cool as hell. Dissidia is an amazing game. Hopefully they'll both be good fanservice fighters."
Agreed.  I hope it comes to 360/PS3 and have great online modes. (Sorry, can't read Japanese to tell if it is coming to consoles or not.)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
JJOR64 said:
"Jayge said:
Agreed.  I hope it comes to 360/PS3 and have great online modes. (Sorry, can't read Japanese to tell if it is coming to consoles or not.)"
It will be a PSP game, hence the comparison to Dissidia.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Steve_C

I hope vesperia comes out in europe. It hasn't even been released over here on the 360 yet.

I borrowed tales of symphonia from my friend quite a few years back now on the gamecube. Some predictable plot twists, but it was fun to play and a really solid game overall.
Hopefully it should provide a similar experience, that's assuming it even comes out here.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

hopefully this is true, and hopefully they come out in America. i was quite pleased to hear that ToV was coming to PS3.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Steve_C said:
"I hope vesperia comes out in europe. It hasn't even been released over here on the 360 yet.I borrowed tales of symphonia from my friend quite a few years back now on the gamecube. Some predictable plot twists, but it was fun to play and a really solid game overall.Hopefully it should provide a similar experience, that's assuming it even comes out here."
According to the place I got these from it's japan only....
Ahh... it'll probably get released eventually in other regions on the ps3.

Anyway, Tales is pretty dang awesome.  It's not quite as good as Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon, but i'd give it the edge over Star Ocean 4, which is a pretty good game.
Tales seems like a really solid series that while it isn't a top notch one, it definately comes close, kind of like COD but actually creative. 

Kind of mad to see the next tales game on the wii, was hoping for another ps3/360 game because well.... have you seen how good the graphics are in TOV?  Yea, lame reason, but it's the truth.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steve_C
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Steve_C said:
"I hope vesperia comes out in europe. It hasn't even been released over here on the 360 yet.I borrowed tales of symphonia from my friend quite a few years back now on the gamecube. Some predictable plot twists, but it was fun to play and a really solid game overall.Hopefully it should provide a similar experience, that's assuming it even comes out here."
According to the place I got these from it's japan only...."
Well i'll keep my eyes peeled anyway. This only got revealed today, so a US release date, and even more so a european one wouldn't be announced this soon.

Namco Bandai seem to churn out these tales games though, so another one will come along at some point. In the mean time i'll keep my eyes on that new tri-ace announcement.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Steve_C said:
"SmugDarkLoser said: Well i'll keep my eyes peeled anyway. This only got revealed today, so a US release date, and even more so a european one wouldn't be announced this soon.Namco Bandai seem to churn out these tales games though, so another one will come along at some point. In the mean time i'll keep my eyes on that new tri-ace announcement."
?
Tri-Ace is making a new game?  Well, I'd imagine, but there's suppose to be an announcement already?
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Steve_C
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Steve_C said:
"SmugDarkLoser said: Well i'll keep my eyes peeled anyway. This only got revealed today, so a US release date, and even more so a european one wouldn't be announced this soon.Namco Bandai seem to churn out these tales games though, so another one will come along at some point. In the mean time i'll keep my eyes on that new tri-ace announcement."
?Tri-Ace is making a new game?  Well, I'd imagine, but there's suppose to be an announcement already? "
Yeah, it was on kotaku earlier.
It's more like an announcement of an announcement.

As they mention, if it turns out to be some elaborate joke then it's not cool, but it kinda seems legit.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Steve_C said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Steve_C said:
?Tri-Ace is making a new game?  Well, I'd imagine, but there's suppose to be an announcement already? "
Yeah, it was on kotaku earlier.It's more like an announcement of an announcement.As they mention, if it turns out to be some elaborate joke then it's not cool, but it kinda seems legit."
Oh my god! Just what I wanted. 
Granted though, as they mentioned, it did start on the day the interwebz are awful for real info, but it does seem legit, much like the Tales stuff.

Really happy that it's multiplatform

Edit: went to the site.  That's definately real.
I just can't decide if I'm really into it that much.  I'm still playing SO4.  Granted, I haven't been able to play much lately and I'm at about 37 hours on disk 2 (of 3), but I'm sort of disappointed with the story.  There's just none.  There was a point on earth where everything got interesting but then they essentially said "just kidding" and essentially erased that story.

Judging off that single bit of cg they have, it looks like a new ip, not a sequel, which is good.