• 161 results
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Mirado

@Hailinel: Of course it's simple and not conclusive. But it evokes a certain something, something that I think the site did a good job sticking to it for two years, and something that I'm worried about it losing.

Hell, you can just see it already in the iPad video when they introduce themselves: "Hi I'm Will, and I'm Norm". No "from Tested". I know it's fucking nitpicking, but there goes one meme on day two. Hell, they were so consistent in their intros/outros that when one would mess it up, they'd stop the podcast/video and go again. Why would they drop something they've done in every video/segment they've done unless asked?

Granted, if that's the worst that comes out of this, then who the fuck cares. But it sets a bad precedent.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#152  Edited By Hailinel

@Mirado said:

@Hailinel: Of course it's simple and not conclusive. But it evokes a certain something, something that I think the site did a good job sticking to it for two years, and something that I'm worried about it losing.

Hell, you can just see it already in the iPad video when they introduce themselves: "Hi I'm Will, and I'm Norm". No "from Tested". I know it's fucking nitpicking, but there goes one meme on day two. Hell, they were so consistent in their intros/outros that when one would mess it up, they'd stop the podcast/video and go again. Why would they drop something they've done in every video/segment they've done unless asked?

Granted, if that's the worst that comes out of this, then who the fuck cares. But it sets a bad precedent.

They don't just represent Tested anymore. Tested is part of something bigger now, and Will and Norm are a part of that.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#153  Edited By tourgen

man some people seem determined to make this out to be a bad thing. so weird.

miles64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By miles64

one thing everyone needs to ask themselves is: do you like tested, or do you like will and norm?

if you like tested, you're shit out of luck, because tested has changed, permanently. no, you're not a shareholder or have any special power over what shelby bonnie or lloyd braun decide to do with their property because you paid $5 a month for a service they offered. your best bet is to try and enjoy the new content, or find another site to enjoy.

if you like will and norm however, then you can be damn sure that you're doing them a disservice by pooping on, what they feel like, is "their opportunity of a lifetime". OBVIOUSLY they're really excited about this and think that this will propel them to much greater heights. why would they stay if they didn't? they could leave any day they please. these are people who created their own successful independent tech site (which today is a miracle, seeing how ridiculously oversatured this area is), remember. if all they wanted is money, there'd be far better ways to go about it as a tech writer (far more stable ways with significantly less work involved as well, mind). just put yourself into their shoes for a second, if they really hated this, what would keep them from creating their own new site? like will said, WM/BB doesn't own them, only the name 'tested'. and tech blog n in 2012 without will and norm's personalities is worth absolutely fucking nothing.

btw, the exact same thing can be said of GB + CBS.

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By dr_ryan

@Lunar_Aura: yeah but those are far too big for me

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Grimluck343

@Miles said:

one thing everyone needs to ask themselves is: do you like tested, or do you like will and norm?

if you like tested, you're shit out of luck, because tested has changed, permanently. no, you're not a shareholder or have any special power over what shelby bonnie or lloyd braun decide to do with their property because you paid $5 a month for a service they offered. your best bet is to try and enjoy the new content, or find another site to enjoy.

if you like will and norm however, then you can be damn sure that you're doing them a disservice by pooping on, what they feel like, is "their opportunity of a lifetime". OBVIOUSLY they're really excited about this and think that this will propel them to much greater heights. why would they stay if they didn't? they could leave any day they please. these are people who created their own successful independent tech site (which today is a miracle, seeing how ridiculously oversatured this area is), remember. if all they wanted is money, there'd be far better ways to go about it as a tech writer (far more stable ways with significantly less work involved as well, mind). just put yourself into their shoes for a second, if they really hated this, what would keep them from creating their own new site? like will said, WM/BB doesn't own them, only the name 'tested'. and tech blog n in 2012 without will and norm's personalities is worth absolutely fucking nothing.

btw, the exact same thing can be said of GB + CBS.

I think the issue is that most of the Tested community likes Will and Norm but it looks like Tested is going to be less about them and more about the Mythbusters, which, as it turns, no one actually gives a shit about regardless of the fanposting that went on prior to the site relaunch.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By NickL
@Marokai
More power to you if you can spin, or accept the spin, on that situation. It's pretty glaringly obvious that Will and Norm are secondary characters now on what used to be their own site, and probably won't last there for very long. If they're still employed at Tested a year or two from now, I'll happily eat my words.
get that hard boiled egg ready!
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By fattony12000

To all of those complaining about not seeing enough Will and Norm on the site, are you going insane? The top article that is just cut off in this image is by Wes, if anything you could make the argument that there isn't a heavy enough presence of the Mythbusters brand and Adam and Jamie right now!

No Caption Provided
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Choffy

Let me just type out exactly what Jamie and Adam said in their intro video. I'll highlight some choice parts, and tell me that this won't end well for Will and Norm.

Welcome to our new site, Tested.
We finally got our own site.
On this site, we're going to cover everything that we love. Art, science, technology, blowing stuff up.
And everything else you've come to expect from us over the last 10 years.
We are super excited to have this place on the web; it'll allow us to delve deeper into the stuff we're interested in that we're normally able to do on television.
We want to introduce you to Will and Norm, who have been the brain trust at Tested for the past two years.
But, they've been writing about and covering technology as long as we've been blowing stuff up. You're going to see a lot of their work on the site.
And there's going to be a lot of new material every day.

Jamie and Adam are on the front page, and the Tested logo now has their name on it, as shown on the iPad Quick Look. I love Will and Norm, but I think this is a case of being starstruck and now that they're stuck on the site (and I do mean stuck; they didn't seem to have the same energy on the iPad Quick Look as they did on other recent ones), it's too little too late.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#160  Edited By fattony12000
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By MysteriousBob

@Daiphyer said:

I don't like how they just put the pictures of Jamie and Adam on top of Tested. It's not their site.

Thats really the only thing that bothers me.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#162  Edited By SlasherMan

@MysteriousBob said:

@Daiphyer said:

I don't like how they just put the pictures of Jamie and Adam on top of Tested. It's not their site.

Thats really the only thing that bothers me.

Yeah, I feel the same way, even though I understand the reasoning behind it. But you know what? If Will and Norm are OK with it, then so am I.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@N7 said:

With all of the money the Mythbusters have, it is absolutely bewildering to me that some people think they were so incapable of creating their own website they had to steal a website from someone else, then launch an overthrowing conspiracy to get rid of the old people. I am at a loss for words.

These are exactly my thoughts, you guys are totally crazy.