The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By nikral
@49th: I'm pretty confident that this is the game you are looking for. It's for PSX though. It's called The Unholy War 

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By 49th
@Nikral said:

" @49th: I'm pretty confident that this is the game you are looking for. It's for PSX though. It's called The Unholy War 

Wow, that's totally it! Thanks dude, it does seem really different then how I remember it though.
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By nikral
@X19: Found out 49th's game it was The Unholy War. 
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nikral
@flounderingsomewhat: I believe the first game you are talking about is Entomorph 

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I remember reading about this turn-based RPG for the DS in a magazine a couple of years ago. I remember that it was really exciting because it used both screens to create very tall backdrops, such as tall caves, etc. . I want to say the story was about people traveling through space, but I'm not sure.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By X19
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Aronman789

Alright, giving this thread a shot.

The game I'm looking for was a racing game that I played some time around the early to mid 2000s, somewhere around 03 to maybe 05 or 06 , I played it on the PC.
The only real thing from the game I remember was that it was in third person, but that could have just been how I drove, and that there was a track that went around a road in what seemed like the countryside. 
That's all I got.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By ESREVER
@chrismafuchris said:
"   I remember reading about this turn-based RPG for the DS in a magazine a couple of years ago. I remember that it was really exciting because it used both screens to create very tall backdrops, such as tall caves, etc. . I want to say the story was about people traveling through space, but I'm not sure. "
SMT: Strange Journey? 
Etrian Odyssey III?
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Its a pc game though it may be out for other platforms. It was released around 1998-2000 (maybe).
In the intro of the game your character is a sniper on a rooftop and is overlooking a hostage situation. He takes the shot despite being told not to, something goes wrong and he retires and becomes a private detective. 
The game is a third person shooter, similar to fallout 2  point of view. After each mission you would go to this town where your office is, you could put weapons in some lockers there and in town you could go to a shooting range as well as buy weapons. You have a secretary, the first missions was on some dock and the last mission was in a jungle.
 I ,,think'' it had like zero hour or hour zero in the title but i searched for it and nothing, so its obviously wrong.
Any help is apreciated i just wanna remember the f-ing title, cuz i liked the game when i played it,i was around 6-7.

nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By nikral
Avatar image for deactivated-59b9938624300
deactivated-59b9938624300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question Complete!

Nikral  was absolutely right, the first game I was after is  Entomorph. This has really made my day, thanks very much.
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By nikral

@X19  I'd like to point out that the question by @Aronman789 is pretty much unsolvable unless people just name off racing games that have a country level (which given the broad time range is a lot!)  So unless he gives more description of what kind of cars there were or something, this could just be a lot of naming of racing games lol 

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By X19
@Nikral: It's 100 points if you get a question right. ESREVER needs to update the leaderboard but you're 3rd at the moment. 

Tell Aronman789 to give you more info.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ESREVER:  Hmmm, neither one of those are really what I'm thinking of. I really wish i could be more specific, but the details escape me.

Maybe I could read a bunch of Nintendo Power issues from 2006-2008
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By X19
@chrismafuchris: Have you got the magazines or is there a website with all the Nintendo Power info on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to have all of the issues, but I threw them out a year ago to make space.

I could probably go download something.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@Nikral: COLD zero, thats the one, thanks a bunch dude :)
magellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By magellan

There was a computer game back in the 90s where you controlled a vehicle of sort, that drove between tiles. As you drove, you would leave a trail behind you. There are several players in the game, each had a different color trail. In addition, the tiles could be "taken over" by any player if they manage to surround a tile, or a set of tiles, with their own trail. When a player takes over a tile, or a set of tiles, these tiles change from blank to the player's color. There were a few special tiles. These tiles had hidden weapons, traps etc. The objective of the game is to take over as many tiles as possible.  

Also, the game had cartoonish graphics with a third-person "behind the back" perspective. Does anyone remember the name of that game?  

EDIT: The game was on Windows 95 and the vehicles might have been odd shaped cars/mechanical animals

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#69  Edited By alistercat
Platform: PS1 

Really trying to remember the name of this game. I think I played it on a PS1 demo disc. Dont know if it was official or a magazine. The graphics were very simple. Wireframe I think. You run down a rectangle with a grid on it (in black space) and there is a big cube that moves doesn behind you as you move from square to square, and you eliminate blocks in the cube chasing you by moving in certain ways. Really vague description but this has been bothering me for years. Any help?
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By X19
@AlisterCat: This was on the PS1 demo disc and it sounds like your game. 

Kurushi Final 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#71  Edited By alistercat
@X19:  Yes! Thank you so much. When I was a kid my parents couldn't afford games, so all I had was demo disks. I used to play this all the time.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By X19
@Csaint said:
" It's a 2D side scroller on the  PS1, but some levels were from a top-down perspective. It's an adventure game where the protagonist had long dark blue hair which makes a zig-zag shape. On the first level (world) you fight a big boss. Throughout the game, every time you kill a mob you get his power. It was later made into a 3D game on the PS2. That's all I remember about it. Sorry for being vague;  I used to play it some 7 years ago. "
Is it Tomba! 

Tomba! 2 was in 3D but was only released on PS1. 

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By X19
@PrimeSynergy said:
"Second, there's this fucking astronaut game or something that came out the Xbox or in that general era. I saw a preview or review on Xplay. If I remember right, it's like some adventure game or something. Might even be a horror game. All I know is you're all alone, it's in first-person, and I can't remember the damn name. "
Is it Pariah

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@X19: Nope. You were a straight up, Neil Armstrong astronaut or something close to it. You walked slow and everything I think. If memory serves right, it took place in a space station of some kind. If memory serves right again, it was like abandoned or something. It might have been everyone was missing or something. It was weird. It wasn't a astronaut sim, but it wasn't an fps. It was more like a first person mystery adventure game.

Again, I'm not 100% sure it came out on the Xbox, but I do remember it coming out in that general era. (Xbox/Gamecube/PS2/PC) The one thing I'm 100% certain of is it was on Xplay in some fashion. Might have been a review, or preview, or something.
Csaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Csaint
@X19: Tomba! was so close to what I vaguely remember about the game I originally had in mind that it actually hit me half way thru' reading your post! 
I was actually thinking about both Tomba! and Brave Fencer Musashi (The game in question), hence my confusing description. I mixed the two up for some reason. I apologize. Please give the points to X19, OP! And thank you!
Csaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Csaint
@Csaint said:
" @X19: Tomba! was so close to what I vaguely remember about the game I originally had in mind that it actually hit me half way thru' reading your post! 
I was actually thinking about both Tomba! and Brave Fencer Musashi (The game in question), hence my confusing description. I mixed the two up for some reason. I apologize. Please give the points to X19, OP! And thank you! "
I just realized you're the one who made the thread, lol.
NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NoDeath

Been trying to find this game for a while now. 

Its a hacking game. I remember getting it for free in the CD that came with a copy of a gaming magazine I bought. I'm not sure when this was exactly. Early 2000s, like 03ish. It was definitely a small indie game. Might have even been freeware. The gameplay was entirely text based. The interface looked like a graphically spruced up version of DOS. The main color scheme was blue (I think blue might have been in the name but I haven't found anything trying to search for that). The very first thing you had to do was type help to get a list of commands and then you typed email to log in and get your first assignment. I remember the tutorial mission involved getting information that had to do with marine biology. I think it might have been hacking into university computers or something.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#78  Edited By BeachThunder
NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NoDeath
@BeachThunder: haha, I probably should have specifically said it wasn't uplink. Lots of stuff in my description does match up with it but no. As far as I remember this game was entirely text based. Typing stuff was the only way you interacted with it. No buttons for clicking.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By X19
@Csaint: Unless I got it right I don't get points. 

Glad you found your game :)
magellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By magellan
@magellan said:

" There was a computer game back in the 90s where you controlled a vehicle of sort, that drove between tiles. As you drove, you would leave a trail behind you. There are several players in the game, each had a different color trail. In addition, the tiles could be "taken over" by any player if they manage to surround a tile, or a set of tiles, with their own trail. When a player takes over a tile, or a set of tiles, these tiles change from blank to the player's color. There were a few special tiles. These tiles had hidden weapons, traps etc. The objective of the game is to take over as many tiles as possible.   Also, the game had cartoonish graphics with a third-person "behind the back" perspective. Does anyone remember the name of that game?  "

Anyone know what this game is called, I've quoted myself, I'm desperate. 
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@PrimeSynergy said:

" I saw this game on the IPhone a while back, but I can't remember the name. It's a game where you guide this shape (or something, might've been a ball) through a maze as fast as you can. There's a timer of sort sort too. It's either counting down or timing you, I forget which, but in any case you get graded on how fast you finished the level. There's also a few levels where they add these blinking red squares in your path that you can't pass until they go away. The name is killing me!  Second, there's this fucking astronaut game or something that came out the Xbox or in that general era. I saw a preview or review on Xplay. If I remember right, it's like some adventure game or something. Might even be a horror game. All I know is you're all alone, it's in first-person, and I can't remember the damn name. "

FUCKING ECHO NIGHT BEYOND FOR THE PS2.

I had to dig deep for that one. The name was killing me for the longest time. Now I can sleep peacefully.

Scratch that one off the list. Still need help with the iPhone game I'm forgetting though.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By X19
@OutOfBounds9000 said:

"  Theres this game from the 80's which i played.  I remember you're in a airplane and shoot enemies, its set in World War 2 and you're supposed to kill japanese guys. There were alot of stages i think.  Anyone know PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE???? "

I was speaking to Video_Game_King about this and he said the most obvious one which comes to mind is 1942, is it that?  

Edit: Actually he said 1943 so check that out too since it's the sequel.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
@X19 said:
" @OutOfBounds9000 said:

"  Theres this game from the 80's which i played.  I remember you're in a airplane and shoot enemies, its set in World War 2 and you're supposed to kill japanese guys. There were alot of stages i think.  Anyone know PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE???? "

I was speaking to Video_Game_King about this and he said the most obvious one which comes to mind is 1942, is it that?  

Edit: Actually he said 1943 so check that out too since it's the sequel. "
WOW! YES 1942 THATS THE ONE! A MILLIONS OF THANKS!!!
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By X19
@OutOfBounds9000: Excellent will let him know :)
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By nikral
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By X19

• v2.0 questions are on the front page.   
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#88  Edited By Video_Game_King
@CookieMonster: 
Is it Wonder Boy in Monster World?

@buhssuht:
That's gotta be Cyborg Justice. I hate that I know this.

@crusader8463:
That sounds a lot like Ultima, but I don't remember Ultima I being on the NES. Maybe another Ultima game?
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By nikral
@X19: Oops I should have looked/read a little more. 

For Styl3s game he doesn't have much information but could it be either Word Rescue or Math Rescue
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By X19

• New layout to make it simpler for new GB users.   
magellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By magellan
@magellan said:
" @magellan said:

" There was a computer game back in the 90s where you controlled a vehicle of sort, that drove between tiles. As you drove, you would leave a trail behind you. There are several players in the game, each had a different color trail. In addition, the tiles could be "taken over" by any player if they manage to surround a tile, or a set of tiles, with their own trail. When a player takes over a tile, or a set of tiles, these tiles change from blank to the player's color. There were a few special tiles. These tiles had hidden weapons, traps etc. The objective of the game is to take over as many tiles as possible.   Also, the game had cartoonish graphics with a third-person "behind the back" perspective. Does anyone remember the name of that game?  "

Anyone know what this game is called, I've quoted myself, I'm desperate.  "
I'm quoting myself twice. This is getting pathetic. Is my description not good enough?
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By X19
@magellan: Your question is on the front page. Someone will reply to you when they have an answer.
drewbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By drewbert
@PrimeSynergy said:
" I saw this game on the IPhone a while back, but I can't remember the name. It's a game where you guide this shape (or something, might've been a ball) through a maze as fast as you can. There's a timer of sort sort too. It's either counting down or timing you, I forget which, but in any case you get graded on how fast you finished the level. There's also a few levels where they add these blinking red squares in your path that you can't pass until they go away. The name is killing me!
Is it Maze Finger?
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@drewbert said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" I saw this game on the IPhone a while back, but I can't remember the name. It's a game where you guide this shape (or something, might've been a ball) through a maze as fast as you can. There's a timer of sort sort too. It's either counting down or timing you, I forget which, but in any case you get graded on how fast you finished the level. There's also a few levels where they add these blinking red squares in your path that you can't pass until they go away. The name is killing me!
Is it Maze Finger? "
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. OMG YES. The name has been eating away at me forever. I LOVE YOU DREW!
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By nikral
@Durandir: Okay okay.....so here you go.....*crosses fngers*     U-95   it is such an obscure game I can't find any videos and the only images I found are......
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By nikral
@magellan: If you could, can you answer these few questions. 
1) DOS or Windows 95 ?
2) Kind of vehicles? (Bikes, Futuristic, cars) 
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By X19
@Nikral: Have those two users sent you a PM or are you still waiting?
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By nikral
@X19: Still waiting :)
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By X19
@Nikral: I will send Durandir another PM then. I want to know if you got the QotM right as that must of taken some finding :)
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#100  Edited By artofwar420

I'm trying to remember a 2d sidescroller game. I played it around 1997 or 1998. I played it on a computer that had either Windows 98 or 95 on it.  

The game started with you driving up to a mansion/house in a red truck/car and you came out and had a shotgun and a cap, possibly red as well. The main character looked like a stereotypical hunter dude.

The rest I remember was that you had to jump over the a big gate and around a tree. Once over the gate you could go inside the mansion. Then you started shooting mummies or zombies and went around the room until you found a key that took you to another room, etc. 

The game seemed 16bit, anyone have any idea what game it was?