Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fisk0 said:
@house9000 said:

Hi all,

There's a PC game I'm trying to remember from the mid- to late-90sthat was set in a city.

- point and click game

- I think I play as a private detective

- In my office i take my wallet

- In the first level I need to enter in a building and I pay a man to give me his working cloche and pass the security.

- When I enter in a room i search evidence, but if I waste too much time the guard come in the room and oblige me to exit.

Thanks for your help!!!

I don't recognize all the details specifically, but was it any of the Tex Murphy games or maybe Beneath A Steel Sky?

Thanks for you help but no…it’s very similar to Tex Murphy but not one of them.

Another detail is that before the title a man shoots at the screen and if i remember well the bullets make the title.

sempiternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2454  Edited By sempiternal

I don't really post on the forums but I just so happened to be browsing when I came across this thread. There's a game I remember from when I was younger that I don't necessarily want to play but occasionally it pops up in my mind and I have no idea what it was called. It was a PC game and my best estimate for the time frame would be mid-90s - but it could be mid-to-late. I believe it was from an isometric perspective. I want to say it was a stealth game but I couldn't say for sure. One thing I remember is that some (possibly all) levels had some kind of sentry gun that looked like a big green pipe bent forward with an eye. Either it was something that shot at you upon sight or tripped an alarm or some other thing that shoots at you - either way, you wanted to get past them undetected. I think each level was supposed to be a floor in a building. Please keep in mind that this was about 20 years ago so what I remember of the game might be a little bit (maybe even a lot) off - but I'm pretty sure I'll know if I see it! Whenever I remember this game it bothers me that I can't remember what it's called. I need some closure I guess so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Solved thanks to HazeAI.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really post on the forums but I just so happened to be browsing when I came across this thread. There's a game I remember from when I was younger that I don't necessarily want to play but occasionally it pops up in my mind and I have no idea what it was called. It was a PC game and my best estimate for the time frame would be mid-90s - but it could be mid-to-late. I believe it was from an isometric perspective. I want to say it was a stealth game but I couldn't say for sure. One thing I remember is that some (possibly all) levels had some kind of sentry gun that looked like a big green pipe bent forward with an eye. Either it was something that shot at you upon sight or tripped an alarm or some other thing that shoots at you - either way, you wanted to get past them undetected. I think each level was supposed to be a floor in a building. Please keep in mind that this was about 20 years ago so what I remember of the game might be a little bit (maybe even a lot) off - but I'm pretty sure I'll know if I see it! Whenever I remember this game it bothers me that I can't remember what it's called. I need some closure I guess so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

It's not Crusader: No Remorse/Regret by any chance? 1995, isometric, sentry guns/security cameras, each level is a floor in a building... I know it's not exactly a stealth game, but a lot of this matches up...

I don't think this office is OSHA complaint...
I don't think this office is OSHA complaint...

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a game Jeff played (possibly several times) on the site, probably on UPF, where he first typed text commands into a wannabe-DOS-interface, then the "game" booted up and it was this surreal glitched out black and white landscape where you had to line up the scenery to form new geometric shapes that you could then use to traverse forward. What was the name of this thing?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HazeAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2459  Edited By HazeAI

@sempiternal: Oh man I checked this thread at just the right time. I've been working on a Pico-8 demake of the game you're talking about. It's D/Generation!

No Caption Provided

SP00KS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, everybody

I need help remembering the name of a PC game that came out in the early 2000s. You played as a Robot/Cyborg and it was a third person shooter kinda like Ghost Hunter on PS2. I'm pretty sure the enemies were aliens and some of them looked like a hybrid between a snake, lizard and a crocodile. And I think you could change the color on your Robot/Cyborg. The story begins with a scientist bringing you to life and then he tells you to go fight aliens.

I remember the game being very hard. Now that could be either because I was too young when I played it or because it wasn't a good game.

I know it isn't much to go on but if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

sempiternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hazeai: Yes! That's it! Thank you so much! So glad to finally have the mystery solved.

Also, thank you to @bill_mcneal for trying!

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah bummer. Good catch HazeAi

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going deep on this one, coming up blank after much Interweb research...

Commodore 64 game, early, possibly cartridge based.

You are a bee. Venus flytraps are growing up the screen. You drop honey into their mouths, and they shrink to the bottom of the screen. That's it.

1) This isn't any of the obvious bee-themed commodore 64 games that are easy to google (bee-52, etc)

2) That is literally the entirety of the game. Each stage gets harder, but that's it.

3) It's something like Honeybee, Bumblebee, or something, but there are other games with similar (or the same!) name that may be bee themed, but aren't it.

4) It's not the one with a maze, the one with trees that you're some kind of wasp, or any game that has anything other than dropping honey into venus flytrap mouths.

Help!

Pegana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2464  Edited By Pegana

Hello,

I can't remember the name of an internet game. It was a card battle game with a fantasy theme. It was one player so you were always against the computer. You could play item cards, or spells, or runes. If you played a rune you wasted the turn but filled up a power meter. When the meter was full you powered up and the meter reset. I think you could power up twice before it maxed out. Your opponent could also power up with runes. Each level you beat unlocked new cards but you never got to customize your deck, the new cards just got added to it. I think I played it around five years ago but I don't know when it released.

Pegana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pegana

Solved!

I've been looking for this game for months and I found it a few minutes after posting this. It was Maganic Wars.

Senton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

I have memories of playing a game on a pc in the 80s (Perhaps between 85-87) so it s probably DOS. There is a Fox and a chicken (can't remember which character you were) based on a farm and there was an area called 'HYPERMARKET'. Very basic graphics. Thanks for any help.

logaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2467  Edited By logaan

Hey there,

I had a fold out post of this game from a video game magazine. It showed some humanoid, and roughly human sized robot looking characters. I guess they could have been humans in tight fitting mech suits. I think there were 4 characters. I think it would have been a 2d platformer with shooting.

I believe I had the poster in 1995, so the game could have been from then or from a year or two earlier. I think the platform would have been Super Nintendo or Sega.

For what it's worth the magazine might have also had Mortal Kombat 3 in it and would have been available in Australia.

Any help would be very much appreciated. This has been bugging me for years.

Chaguri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have looked EVERYWHERE and still have no idea of the game I used to play back in the 90s. This is my last chance to find it.
Here's what I know:

1) It's a PC, most likely DOS game. Release date around 1995.
2) It's a platform game, 2D.
3) Your main character is a man, who can jump, shoot stuff, like a bullet (don't remeber if he shoots from a gun of from him). I remember one of your stage enemies is a green dinosaur.
4) You collect diamonds and gems from the stage.
5) It is not Crystal Caves, though the description is quite similar.

That's it!

LuckyJokerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres a game i played in either the late 90s or early 2000s cause i was only born in 92 it was on Pc and i can only remember there was a scene with a blue monster type guy sitting in a chair i think towards the left of the screen and i think you could click around the house to do things but i cant remember what you could do if anyone has any idea let me know

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaguri: Commander Keen maybe? Though thats a bit earlier, 91 I think. It could also be Duke nukem 2.

Avatar image for unnamedredshirt
UnnamedRedshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first post on this forum :)

I'm looking for a game:

- late 90's

- windows only (i guess)

- and i believe it was on one of those twilight cd-roms

It's a strategy game and you play as a sailingship from the 1700's or 1800's. There where 3 nations to choose from: French, England and i believe Spain. You could also play as a pirate. When clicking on the flag of the country, the county's anthem started playing.

You controlled it with the arrow keys (i don't believe you used the mouse), and it was from an overhead perspective. It looked a bit like this:http://img.bhs4.com/62/f/62feeb712c926176e91df83de8382f415eff1e57_large.jpg

Thanks!!

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@unnamedredshirt:

Is it Seafight by any chance? Sounds like it from the description and I seem to remeber having owned that game too as part of like a "99 Windows Games" collection or something...

Avatar image for unnamedredshirt
UnnamedRedshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unnamedredshirt:

Is it Seafight by any chance? Sounds like it from the description and I seem to remeber having owned that game too as part of like a "99 Windows Games" collection or something...

That's it!! Thank you so much. Now I must find a way to play it...

Thanks buddy!

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone remember the name of a game that Jeff played on an Unprofessional Fridays that looked a lot like Axiom Verge? It was a really early alpha version and it was a pixel art looking sci-fi side scroller.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Does anyone remember the name of a game that Jeff played on an Unprofessional Fridays that looked a lot like Axiom Verge? It was a really early alpha version and it was a pixel art looking sci-fi side scroller.

I'm thinking that might be Megasphere.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikiguitarist said:

I'm thinking that might be Megasphere.

Yep, it was! Thanks!

It was on the 09/04/2015 episode.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Hello, all.

I've been trying to remember an online PC "game" that I played as a youngin' in the mid nineties (in the United States - though I couldn't tell you if this game was available in other parts of the world).

It was more of an online community - for kids, from what I remember, but it was a 2D, cartoony game where people could jump around with others online, and I feel like I remember there being some platforming or puzzles of sorts...

From what I remember, this is around the time I played through and loved the Twinsen games. I also made some friends at that time, and we used to chat on ICQ.

Thanks for any help provided!

Spaggetiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2478  Edited By Spaggetiman

So guys there is this game I am trying to find, probably in the 90's point and click style and I think sci-fi adveture. Another thing I remember is that when you started the game the guy that you controled was stuck in hole on the ground and only his head was showing. Don't remember any other details, I am trying to find it for ages if you have any clue of what game I am talking about please post me a reply.

Thanks in advance :) :)

Behnam_RK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was remembering my childhood and then this one game got stuck in my head, his icon was a Blue Butterfly. I couldn't play since i got the Windows XP Update (Mistakes were made) i didn't know the Compatible Mode because i was a child...

- I played at around 2002-2003 (Bought a magazine with CD in my country that got this game, not sure if it was PC GAMER or not)

Some of the aspects of the game are:

- You start at a house that gets wrecked by some robot (wich is the boss of the stage)

- The first boss is a Robot Orange (or red) fish

- The second boss is a Robot Yellow Armadillo

- You can recruit soldiers

- It's a platform shooter game that has some Mechs

- You can recruit soldiers, robots and people

- there was WC cabins in game that you could save game by going in them

Please help, my childhood needs you guys!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So guys there is this game I am trying to find, probably in the 90's point and click style and I think sci-fi adveture. Another thing I remember is that when you started the game the guy that you controled was stuck in hole on the ground and only his head was showing. Don't remember any other details, I am trying to find it for ages if you have any clue of what game I am talking about please post me a reply.

Thanks in advance :) :)

Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco In The Spinal Frontier starts with a mishap while your character is being beamed down to a planet, Star Trek transporter style, and he ends up stuck in the ground below the waist, which might be what you're thinking of. Does this ring any bells?

rabincrabmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was some small game I played a few months ago which has multiple scenes and when you clicked the mouse a gunshot went off somewhere - in a car, in the window of a house. And then it went to the next scene. I have no idea what it was called or how to search for it. Anyone have any idea?

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll throw my hat in here.

Back during the..I think ps2 but might have been ps1 era there was a game that was extremely remarkably like Deadspace. Like, if you told me they same people set out to remake the game I am thinking of only in the modern era, and copied not only the opening but the setting and monsters and the major twist, only think more Resident evil style gameplay vs the limb removal stuff.

What I remember about the game was (and I am sorry this is spoilers for the original deadspace)

Basic premise, a virus or alien infection or presence has taken over a starbase. You arrive and set out being the hero.

You are chasing after your girlfriend who is on the command deck, and who of course turns out to be dead despite, I think, talking to you through the game till that point.

About 1/3rd of the way through the game you run into the medical/science bay which serves as a sort of 'hub' area until the final act of the game. You return there after exploring differnt areas of the ship and rescuing different characters, who you can talk too. I also want to say you capture an alien, either one that ends up talking with you, or the scientist just has more and more to say about.

There is a space walk section near the very end of the game. Think mass effect 1's 'we have to get into the citadel' moment.

I know this game existed, but I just rented it on some random evening 15+ years ago. Its bugged me ever since I heard the premise for deadspace, in that every single plot element and twist from that game was "wait I played that exact game 10 years ago wtf.." But I could never think of the name! Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artikay: Yup! That was it! I even want to say the RLH initials were almost the sub-title for the game, so pronounced were they in the box art. At the least, that name absolutely rings right in my memory. Thanks!

To this day I am shocked that its never come up anywhere that like..hey hey the plot of deadspace is either so completely cookie-cutter a totally unrelated game already used it, point for point, a decade or more prior..or that they wholesale stole the concept? Its not super unique but man..its damn close.

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2485  Edited By Artikay

@bladededge: they were pretty similar.

I rented RLH also but never finished it. I remember seeing the similarities when playing Deadspace though.

The necromorph was almost the same as an enemy from RHL too, with the long spiked arms held high in the air while it chased you.

FlamingPizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old PC point and click game that starts with someone getting kidnapped. After you chase them to a house there's some painting the bad guy escapes into. To get into the painting you need a ladder. Also there's a dropped ring that a mouse promptly takes.

We're talking like mid 90's to mid 00's when I played this game but I only have a small memory of the intro cause I feel I didn't get very far.

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2487  Edited By voiceinject

I'm trying to find the name of a game I played sometime during my school-age years (late 80's - 90's). It was a game that involved a space ship and landing on different class planets. It may have involved scanning planet resources and collecting them, but that I cannot remember. I can't recall if the game took place in a fictional solar system or if it took place in our solar system.

I vaguely recall playing it on an old Apple Macintosh. I don't remember it having space combat, but it may have. This title may have been marketed as an educational game rather than a "normal" game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2488  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm trying to find the name of a game I played sometime during my school-age years (late 80's - 90's). It was a game that involved a space ship and landing on different class planets. It may have involved scanning planet resources and collecting them, but that I cannot remember. I can't recall if the game took place in a fictional solar system or if it took place in our solar system.

I vaguely recall playing it on an old Apple Macintosh. I don't remember it having space combat, but it may have. This title may have been marketed as an educational game rather than a "normal" game.

Can you describe a bit more about the presentation or gameplay. Did it play like a traditional space sim, in first person with a cockpit view, or was it 2D, top down stuff. Was it more of an adventure game?

I have a couple of suggestions each for some of the above categories. When it comes to first person space sims, there doesn't seem like any exclusives were released on the Mac during that time, but the Elite games, Wing Commander: Privateer and Starglider games were, these were all released between 1984 and 1993. If it was 2D, there was a very popular Mac exclusive series known as Escape Velocity, which was released in 1996. If it was more of an adventure game, there was Captain Blood from 1988.

I have been unable to find any space themed educational games for the Mac.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ShortzMcD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2490  Edited By ShortzMcD

Hoping someone can help me out with this one as I cannot find anything online about this game!

- Windows CD-ROM

- around 1995-1998 (Australia)

- called 'Magic Studio' or something similar (it's not Disney related either)

Basically it was game kind of like paint shop but you could make animations from objects you chose. Say you click and drag a person across the screen, it would animate it and you had the option of recording a movie. Also, had a microphone so you could record voices, sound etc.

It seriously was an awesome game so I don't know why I can't find anything about it? Help!

Liam5411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2491  Edited By Liam5411

OK. This is going to be a real tough one. I used to have this game on my pc the game was probably released between 2000-to 2009. It was a WW2 FPS. The opening cutscene started out with you seeing a man in a US military uniform with a bunch of badges but you don't see his face, then you see someone hand him a letter and they begin talking. Boom game starts. I don't remember much after that except there was a mission where you had to blow up a big bridge by setting time bombs under it. Also there was a mission where you were in a mansion and you snuck into this vent and there was this secret room where there was a lady with comm equipment. I also vaguely there being a mission where you can go into a farmhouse but thats it. I was only a kid when I was playing this game and Id love to find it again. Please help!

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liam5411:

That sounds an awful lot like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. See the opening here. There's definitely a mission on a farm in that game and I think there's a resistance lady you meet who is called "Manon Batiste" or something like that (been a while since I last played it).

kaziekama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2493  Edited By kaziekama

Ok. PC game from the 90's (want to say 96-97ish). It was a science-fiction, isometric view, resource collecting style game. You outfitted robots or mechs to drop onto planets where you would control them to gather resources and fight off others attempting to steal the same resources. I remember weapons like the ELF laser, but not much else. I do remember there was a lot of green in the UI. It may have been turn based/tactical but I am not 100% sure.

Edit: Found the game, Mission Force: Cyberstorm

http://www.giantbomb.com/missionforce-cyberstorm/3030-334/

mindatlarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

georginacooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread helped me alot in finding great and rare games

simon155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

This ones been bugging me for years. I think the game would have been at least 15 years old, either for PC or Atari possibly. It was RPG style ie mostly isometric. You controlled a roman slave, fighting your way up the ranks. Your guy has a little white toga, and as the game progresses you raise money to escape Vesuvius, then later can buy slaves, gladiators etc, become a senator (purple stripe down your toga) etc. Was a very good game back then and I'd love to see a remake. What was it called?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simon155 said:

Hi,

This ones been bugging me for years. I think the game would have been at least 15 years old, either for PC or Atari possibly. It was RPG style ie mostly isometric. You controlled a roman slave, fighting your way up the ranks. Your guy has a little white toga, and as the game progresses you raise money to escape Vesuvius, then later can buy slaves, gladiators etc, become a senator (purple stripe down your toga) etc. Was a very good game back then and I'd love to see a remake. What was it called?

Rome: Pathway to Power

simon155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You Sir are a legend. Many thanks. I just requested they re release it using the sims engine as a standalone game lol. Brilliant game.

kaziekama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2500  Edited By kaziekama

@mindatlarge: I found the game, Mission Force: Cyberstorm

http://www.giantbomb.com/missionforce-cyberstorm/3030-334/

Thank you for your help!