Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#301  Edited By Slaker117

I've got one.

A PC game, got to be more than a decade old at this point, where you have to guide a group of dudes though some treacherous journey to a paradise or utopia or something. Everything is 2D, drawn sort of like a cartoon. The guys are all little blue/purple balls that the player can customize with a few features like eyes and hair. The journey would consist of a series of puzzle mini-games, each tied to a location that you had to pass through. If you did poorly, you would lose guys from your party until they where all dead and you had to start over. If you got to the end, you would reach a city full of the blue dot dudes, and you could go back and bring more parties of them over. If you hang out at the end, looking at the city you can see all the dudes you finished with running around, and eventually if you spent too much time starting at the screen, the narrator voice (I guess there was a narrator voice) would tell you to go outside and get some fresh air.

One of the puzzles involved an antagonistic tree monster, or a monster that looked like a tree to my child brain, and pizzas? I think that's what it was, I just remember that level because I really hated it. One of the last levels had you traversing over a pit. All your dudes where in bubbles in order to float over, but they had to follow a path defined on a grind which you could change arrows on in order guide them through safely. It's probably also worth mentioning that I don't think you ever have direct control over the people in your party, you just act as there guide through abstracted ways. Like a video game.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#302  Edited By X19
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Slaker117
@X19: Yes! Thanks a lot, seeing that video just unlocked so many memories of that game. I'm pretty sure I was way too young to be playing it, my dad said it was for my sister, who was two years older, but I did anyway and loved it. I got to the last puzzle one time without losing anyone, and had a solution in mind, but my sister was next to me watching, and when I told her what I was going to do, she said it was wrong, took the control away from me, and proceed to fail and kill my favorite guy (he was the cool one because he had messy hair and sunglasses). I then cried and decided never to trust my sister or play that game again. That was a weird mental blockage.

Looking at the wiki, I'm surprised by how spot on some of my memories were.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By X19
@Slaker117: XD Yeah I loved that game. I still wonder what happens when you get all the Zoombinis to the end. From what I remember I had a few houses and shops but I'm guessing you get to see a complete city. Might look for it on youtube to solve that mystery.
Magma_Pear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#305  Edited By Magma_Pear

Here is my question / game I can't remember:

It was an arcade game back in the 80's. The game was side scroll with melee and ranged combat featuring a Wizard in a green robe and some other characters I can't remember - but I'm sure there was a warrior type and at least one other, possibly a healer. As my memory recalls it, I remember being amazed by the 2D graphics at the time.

Here is what I remember about the game.

I'm playing as the Wizard in the green robe. He has a wooden cain or staff,  I think it's brown and is round / bulbus at the end - and when I attack, a fireball is lauched from it. I don't recall if I had unlimited shots, or if I only had a few and when I ran out I had to fight directly with the staff. Ithink I remember trying to get further in the game by saving my fireball attacks until the enemies got harder, so I think I did have a limited number of shots.

I'm traversing a cave and there are pits to fall in - and I distinctly remember there being green blobs that hang from the ceiling which fall down when I get close. I then have to back away and kill them or something, or maybe timing my strikes - I remember having some kind of strategy for dealing with them as they were annoying. I remember the game being hard and never being able to get far but wanting to. I think there may have been a timer / countdown somewhere on the screen, something with numbers. I also think I recall there being some kind of basic inventory. the game was not a one hit wonder as far as I can remember.  I had health, but I think it was pretty much just 3 hits and your dead.

I remember there being other enemies further into the cave, possibly snakes, hydras or something with various tentacles or limbs. Would not be an octopus but perhaps a multi-headed monster or maybe just some spiders, may have been a Medusa type enemy. Not sure.

The crazy thing is that I strangly recall this game having level ups, like an RPG with experience points. Which would explain other things like having an inventory - or the fact that I played as a wizard. But I feel like that's kind of odd for an side scroll game - much less an arcade one. And for the life of me I can't ever remember any other arcade RPGs, can you? I mean I remember the capcom D&D games but those were different than this game. But somehow I think one of thing things I liked about the game was how novel it was. You know, unique. So maybe it WAS an arcade side scroll rpg - which sure as hell sounds novel for the 80's. Why would anyone make an arcade side scroll RPG? I don't know, and I'm not sure I'm even remembering the game correctly.

In fact, I'm not sure if I'm hurting my chances of somebody being able to help me remember this game by suggesting that it might have been an arcade RPG because that seems odd to me that it would be. It might have just been a side scroll game like Shinobi but with a Wizard who shoots fireballs instead of ninja stars.

My memories of this game are so vague, I'm not sure it's possible to figure it out based on the above description. If it helps, I remembered that I forgot this game about 15 years ago when I was trying to remember another game that I used to play at the arcade during the same period. But I ended up remembering the name to that game, it was called Violence Fight and featured a dude in blue jeans who had an attack called a star dust punch that looked awesome. Anyway, this Wizard game was around during the same time if that helps anyone figure it out. I gave up hope trying to remember Violence fight long before I ended up remembering it, and have since given up on remembering this wizard game.

If somebody knows what game I'm talking about, that would be simply awesome.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#306  Edited By FireBurger
Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Adamsons
@G24S said:

" ... "

Is it Yo! Jo! ?

Uh here is mine.

I think Its a Sega Genesis / Megadrive game.

It was a top down shooter, or at least an angled viewpoint from above. I remember there being a bunch of different characters who had different kinds of projectiles they could fire. I think the levels were relatively enclosed and there may have been some blocks that were destructable. It may have also had a puzzle element.

Edit - It isn't chaos engine / alien breed.
Magma_Pear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Magma_Pear
@FireBurger said:
"

@Magma_Pear: Cadash?

"

OMFG.... is that it???

I think it is!!!! Holy shit!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By X19

The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread

• Added "Click Here To Leave A Question" Section. When you click on the link it will take you directly to the comment box, saving you time having to scroll to the bottom of the page to leave a question. It can also be used to get to the end of the thread quickly.
MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#310  Edited By MoistJohn

It was a PC adventure game (Probably around '95) were (I think) you were playing a detective or a reporter maybe, and what I do remember is that there was a part in Easter Island with the giant heads. What's the name of that game ?

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By X19
@Marshmellow_Peep: What type of adventure game?

Secret of Monkey Island (comedy & cartoony) or 1st person (FMV, more serious, realistic)

Anything else you can remember will help.
MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By MoistJohn

It wasn't humor, it was pretty straight forward "mystery" adventure. not 1st person, and i'm pretty sure the game happens all around the world.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#313  Edited By Dagbiker

my memory is fuzzy but
win 3.1 to 95
You design a dinosaur using three parts a head, a body, and a tail. Then you send it to the dinosaur era, and it becomes a top down shooter/eater. Where you use your dinosaurs powers to find something, that restores something. then find the portal out.

nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By nikral
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By nikral
@Marshmellow_Peep: I think it is first person so this might not be it but....... Timelapse ?
Could also be Ark of Time

But really the more details the easier it is to tell you what the game is.
MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By MoistJohn
@Nikral: No and No.
Now that I think about it, I think there was an office you would come back to after each chapter and that each chapter is at some historical place. Pretty sure there was Stonehenge too somewhere in there. but no 1st person - 100%
RageExpressive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By RageExpressive
@Marshmellow_Peep said:
" It was a PC adventure game (Probably around '95) were (I think) you were playing a detective or a reporter maybe, and what I do remember is that there was a part in Easter Island with the giant heads. What's the name of that game ? "
It could be a version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego for the PC...The one I had of it came free in a magazine which gave out games for kids, but it isn't listed on this site?
MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By MoistJohn
@RageExpressive: Naaa... definitely looked a whole lot more advance than Carmen (just looked at its page).
RageExpressive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By RageExpressive
@Marshmellow_Peep: Thats what I said...The version I'm talking about is not on this site and it looks a lot better than the one listed here.
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Goly
@Marshmellow_Peep said:

" It was a PC adventure game (Probably around '95) were (I think) you were playing a detective or a reporter maybe, and what I do remember is that there was a part in Easter Island with the giant heads. What's the name of that game ? "

Was it Timelapse? Haven't played it but the description I've read on various sites could be it.

edit: ah apparently it isnt't...
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By nikral
MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By MoistJohn
@Nikral: Holy shit I think that's it ! now I can sleep again.
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By nikral
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#324  Edited By sarahsdad

Trying to remember an FPS set I think in the early to middle 1900's. You play as someone who has been sent (I think) to an island to investigate some strange things going on.
the thing I remember most about the game was that you would occasionally trigger movies that played out against the background of the game, which were supposed to be ghosts.

The main setting was in and around a mansion.
Some of the enemies were red eyed dogs, and for some reason ghost maids.
Kelmaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Kelmaro
@Nikral:  i remember syphon filter and it isnt it cuz i remember you were simply in this hotel (or whatever it was) through the hole game (or atleast i believe you were since i played a decent amount but not all of it) and there werent missions it was free roaming in the hotel like if you were playing resident evil 3 and one of the main things i remember now is you could change characters and each character had different weapons like the main character starts with a pistol one of the other characters i believe had a police baton (or dual wielding baton) for a weapon and one guy may have had a staff (but not to sure about that one)

and really the main similarity between this game and resident evil i remember was the combat style
and you didnt start with all the characters you meet them in the hotel in different places
also i believe there were puzzles in the game like resident evil
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#326  Edited By FireBurger
@sarahsdad: What platform, when did it come out?

I doubt it, but Nitemare 3D?
Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#327  Edited By Hardgamer

How fitting.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By sarahsdad
@FireBurger: I played it on a Mac, but I would be kind of surprised if it didn't also come out for the PC.
As far as when. . . . I wold say middle 1990's to early 2000's.
Not sure if it helps narrow down, but my memory is that graphically it had a sort of doom/quake feel to it, in the same way that lots of games now have a sort of Unreal engine feel to them.
Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Cantaloup
Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Adamsons
@Cantaloup said:
" @Adamsons: Gain Ground? "
That's it!

Great job.
Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Trying to recall teh name of a PC game I owned in the 90's. It was a third person open world (about 4 city blocks big) where you played as a female futuristic cop or her tank of a partner. You could drive around in an SUV, climb buildings and slide down wires to get from building to building. The objective was to catch criminals, handcuff them and take them back to the station.  It was set in a gritty future city full of crime. It was like a cross between GTA3 and Hitman before they were GTA3 and Hitman.

Although I cant think of the developer something wanted me to say naughty dog so maybe the logo was similar to that of Naughty Dogs logo.

nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By nikral
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By nikral
@sarahsdad: It's a newer game 2001 (edit* - lol 2001 is 10 years ago, maybe not that new) , but it kinda fit's the description Clive Barker's Undying?

also

@Kelmaro: I think i got it this time is it Hard Edge?   
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By sarahsdad
@X19: figured it out. The game was Killing Time If there's a way to give partial credit to Nikral, their suggestion of the clive barker game helped me find the right answer.
Kelmaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Kelmaro
@Nikral: O_O  I totally thought i wouldnt see this game again but You actually found it THANKS ALOT!!!....... now to go see if i can play it :)
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By AlexW00d
@Marshmellow_Peep said:
@X19: 
That's Ark of Time. It was for the Playstation too. You went all over the world searching for clues to find  missing team of Archaeologists. Or something, it's been a while.
Also sorry if this has been answered...
nikral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By nikral
@AlexW00d: Solved already - The Riddle of Master Lu :)
Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Twisted_Scot
@Nikral: Bingo. Thats the one I was looking for. Thanks.
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#339  Edited By Akrid

Looking at this thread made me realize that what I thought was the thing game was in fact not the thing game. Does anyone remember a ps2 era game that had thing-like creatures in a snowy, scifi environment? Tentative clues:

• Possibly a budget title.
  • I think the name of the game was just one long word.
  • Really quite gory. I think it was promoted for it's gore.
Ed: Found it! No thanks to you lot. It was Extermination.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By X19
@Akrid: Just posting in this thread gives some people the answer XD
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#341  Edited By Akrid
@X19: It was hard work! I scrolled down wikipedia's list of all the ps2 games, looking for ones with 1 word names. Amazed I found it actually!
spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By spartanlolz92

need help would rlly like to find this game 

1. it was on the ps1 

2. vehicle shooter game of sometype  could play as multiple vehicles throughout a level 

3 . it had a mech on the front cover of the box shooting rockets i believe at maybe a car, for sure there was a mech on the cover

4. there were two factions one was normal military, the other future nazis is the best desription i could think of
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#343  Edited By ESREVER
@X19: I couldn't locate wobag's original post in the thread, so I'm not sure if he is still looking for his game. I'll copy/paste the PM msg i sent him regarding the title. 

Im sure this is an easy one, but Im blanking. Its a vertical arcade shooter from the 80s. I always get it mixed up with Twin Bee, which it isnt. (game room recently jogged my memory of this). Its main feature is that you collect power-ups with your ship, and then they trail behind your ship like a string of marbles. You can then activate them one at a time. I particularly remember a screen wide bar of fire you could send up the screen. Pretty sure there was 2 player.

If you're still looking for that game, I'm pretty sure its Gemini Wing. 

2 players 80s shmup with trailing power ups!
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By X19
@ESREVER: His question is on the first page just scroll down.

The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread

• Please use the blog version for now as all the links on the forum version are not working.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By ESREVER
@X19: Oh hey you're right. I'm sorry I'm blind. Since the question was further down on the list, I'd figured he'd appear much later on in the thread! Ah well, time to wait and see I suppose.  

I see now that its actually revered. Oldest questions are on the bottom. Ugh, I need to pay better attention -.-
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By X19
@ESREVER said:
@X19:  I see now that its actually revered. Oldest questions are on the bottom. Ugh, I need to pay better attention -.-
Yeah this.

All the links are working again thanks to LordAndrew telling how to fix them all. 

Are you alright with the leaderboard because I did answer some which have already been answered in a previous question. You know what lists are like you can only add a game once.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By ESREVER
@X19: Hm, can you find a better way of listing the questions that have already been answered before? I make a note to myself about the last game I added, and jump to that page and update by adding everything after it. If you add names to games out of order on the timeline, it really messes me up. Know what I'm saying? 

Maybe make a note at the top section with Name of game, who answered it, and the date. Just an idea. It'll help me keep better track of games that have been answered again. I just noticed there are multiple games like that in the archive. If you figure out a better means to represent that info, then do that. I treat the archive as a timeline, so if you add names in the early parts of it, I would have most likely skipped over it. Like I did last night D:
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By X19
@ESREVER: I sent you a PM the last two/three times it happened but from now on I will add a note at the top until you tell me you have added them to the leaderboard. I recommend you look back in your PMs or check the last few pages of the thread to double check this time. If I had to guess the two I had to add again were Urban Chaos Nikral and Zoombinis X19

It is annoying though because I like the idea of having an awesome long list but the downside of not being able to add the same game twice is a real ball ache.

What I'm saying is I have better ways of archiving them but I like looking at the pretty pictures next to each game entry XD.
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Zabant

I played in on the original playstation. 

It reminds me of braid. 

Its a 2d side scroller 

you're a young boy attacking these black shadows/ink monsters?

He might be using a sword but I cant remember and might be mixing that memory up

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#350  Edited By BeachThunder
@Zabant said:
I played in on the original playstation.  It reminds me of braid.  Its a 2d side scroller  you're a young boy attacking these black shadows/ink monsters? He might be using a sword but I cant remember and might be mixing that memory up
Heart of Darkness?