• 60 results
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By AV_Gamer

Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut, but I noticed how when a Kane & Lynch game is released, bad things happen to certain people in the gaming community.

When the first game came out, Jeff was possibly fired for giving his honest opinion which wasn't part of the sponsorship deal.

Kane and Lynch II comes out and soon afterward Whiskey Media screws the user base of their websites over. 

Just a thought.

Any opinions?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Yeah, thats a crappy theory based on NOTHING

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By schizogony

Whoa, it is pretty scary.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tsolless

Are you serious?

If so, you should evaluate your handle on critical analysis.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

WOAH

DUDE

YOU TOTALLY BLEW MY FUCKIN MIND.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By buzz_clik

The timing of one was a coincidence, the other wasn't. I'll leave you to figure out which is which.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baillie

Can't wait for K&L3 to come out and screw you over again.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AV_Gamer
@Baillie: 

I'm not the one who bought into their con and spent 50$. Try directing that comment to yourself.
Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zithe

This is a hilariously bad theory.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By me3639

Sounds like someone without $$$$

digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By digthedoug

Guys, I just tried going to GiantBomb.com (a website) and EVERYTHING IS GONE. All the content and videos and everything!! And I heard they're never making any more ever again but if they do they'll force us to pay MORE MONEY!

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AV_Gamer
@me3639: 

Now there is a wise man.

Indeed, I don't have money to give to people already getting paid to provide a service.  

A service many other websites provide for free.  

At least one of you subs have a brains.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Baillie
@AV_Gamer: What I do with my money is my business. A con? How? I don't care for anything I get for my money. I'm happy to shell out $50 a year for something I love. It's my favourite place on the internet and I would like to show them that.
digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By digthedoug

Newsflash, if your company is venture backed and not pulling in revenue then that money will run out at some point. And then they won't be getting paid to provide a service. They explained some of their other options in the podcast (more ads, selling content, deals with other sites/media outlets, cutting back on features etc.). I don't see why you're upset. You're still getting the same free service that all these other websites offer. What's the big deal?

And before you yell 'they're splitting the userbase!!', it's only people like you who are splitting it for yourselves.

Minos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Minos

Definitely the best place on the internet...

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AV_Gamer
@DigTheDoug: 

But that's the thing, I'm not upset.

Hence the joke thread about Kane & Lynch. We cool bruh We cool... 
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MrCandleguy
@AV_Gamer said:

" @Baillie:   I'm not the one who bought into their con and spent 50$. Try directing that comment to yourself. "

Con? Do you not like this website? Do you not like Vinny, brad and ryan? How is it a con if they give you comedy and gaming? mind you with 40 posts I dont expect you to know much.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AV_Gamer
@AmonHouston: 

Judging someones intelligence based on their forum post count makes you not worthy of a answer to your question. 

Try judging less next time.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Baillie
@AV_Gamer: I'm judging you because of your retarded topic and silly arguments. :)
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrCandleguy
@AV_Gamer said:
 Kane and Lynch II comes out and soon afterward Whiskey Media screws the user base of their websites over.   Just a thought.   Any opinions? "
I think your a idiot for two reasons

1. Stupid theory
2. Screws the user base? your bearly a user and its not like the are ruining the site. PEOPLE NEED MONEY TO LIVE! get that through your head.
@Baillie said:
" @AV_Gamer: I'm judging you because of your retarded topic and silly arguments. :) "

Another actual user proves my point. Go back to IGN.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AV_Gamer
@Baillie: 

Just like I'm judging you and people like you for give up your cash for free internet content. 

It's all gravy.
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrCandleguy
@AV_Gamer said:
" @Baillie:   Just like I'm judging you and people like you for give up your cash for free internet content.   It's all gravy. "
Are you against supporting people that give you entertainment? This is more that just a gaming site. You should learn that.
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By bybeach

Joke thread..gimmick thread, I'll spend my time and call it. Oddly enough better than the idiocy I have been reading in the comments of MSNBC about the Koran book burner and related Drug war- immigration- Mexico and such. PPL. are loosing it BIG Time.....

This thread is chump change , railroad pennies or pennies cut in half.. But it is also significantly more pleasant. 

:)

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AV_Gamer
@AmonHouston: 

Uh, I never was a IGN member. Have something against those guys?

And why are you pointing out what other members said. 

Speak for yourself. 
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Baillie
@AV_Gamer: People who are bitching, like you, are either too young to understand the situation from a business standpoint, or just a very selfish person. 

Your argument is completely flawed. Why on earth would you ever buy a game? A movie? I can just load up a torrent and download all of that. For free! On the internet! 

Are you a pirate?
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By elko84

I just want to say the number of forum posts proves nothing of how much you enjoy the site.  All it shows is that you don't use the forums.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrCandleguy
@AV_Gamer said:
" @AmonHouston:   Uh, I never was a IGN member. Have something against those guys?  And why are you pointing out what other members said.   Speak for yourself.  "
Cause your about as annoying as the IGN users. Also referencing other people is helping me prove my point. If you dont like what this website has done why not go somewhere else? No one wants to hear you bitch.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Baillie
@elko84: Shaddup, 288 and bring me a sandwich.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AV_Gamer
@elko84: 

Good post.

I have contributed to Giantbomb in other areas which is easy to see by clicking my profile. 

I'm no troll. 

I just don't like the new situation.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By lordofultima
@AV_Gamer said:

" @Baillie:   Just like I'm judging you and people like you for give up your cash for free internet content.   It's all gravy. "

I didn't pay for any extra content. I paid for the membership to support my favorite website on the internet, and for a snazzy t-shirt. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion as every one else is on the situation, that's what makes us all special parts of humanity in our own way! Yay.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AV_Gamer
@AmonHouston: 

Look this isn't some dictatorship if you don't like my thread then leave it. 

People should be allowed to bitch if they want to. 

Just like people should be allowed to praise the site IF THEY want too.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By elko84
@Baillie: yes 288 and i've been here since day one the site launched.  you have over a thousand and joined in september.  so according to you, i should have a ton more posts than you.  again, forum post count has nothing to do with how long you have been around using the site, listening to podcasts, editing wiki's, etc.  It simply shows you don't post on the forums, probably to avoid crap like this. 

oh and get yourself a sandwich lazy, im not your bitch.
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrCandleguy
@Baillie:
No Caption Provided
GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GearDraxon
@AV_Gamer said:
" @AmonHouston:   Look this isn't some dictatorship if you don't like my thread then leave it.   People should be allowed to bitch if they want to.   Just like people should be allowed to praise the site IF THEY want too. "
And if someone makes a rather silly topic, and then when people call it silly, act like it was a joke, even though their last few posts have all been in service of the idea put forth by said silly topic, they can do that too. 

I think this is the central issue in the paid / non-paid issue: It's not like I paid because I'm an idiot, or wanted a badge. I hadn't posted on the forums much (if at all) before, so appearing different from other users doesn't hold much meaning for me. I paid because this is my favorite site for news on this topic, I've enjoyed their content for free for years, and several of the pay-features appeal to me. I looked at my situation, and decided it was worth it. 

It's not a "con", when all of the benefits / costs are laid out for you at the outset. It's called a "business transaction". Happens all the time.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By elko84
@johnLongview said:
" @AV_Gamer said:
" @AmonHouston:   Look this isn't some dictatorship if you don't like my thread then leave it.   People should be allowed to bitch if they want to.   Just like people should be allowed to praise the site IF THEY want too. "
And if someone makes a rather silly topic, and then when people call it silly, act like it was a joke, even though their last few posts have all been in service of the idea put forth by said silly topic, they can do that too.  I think this is the central issue in the paid / non-paid issue: It's not like I paid because I'm an idiot, or wanted a badge. I hadn't posted on the forums much (if at all) before, so appearing different from other users doesn't hold much meaning for me. I paid because this is my favorite site for news on this topic, I've enjoyed their content for free for years, and several of the pay-features appeal to me. I looked at my situation, and decided it was worth it.  It's not a "con", when all of the benefits / costs are laid out for you at the outset. It's called a "business transaction". Happens all the time. "
Agree...but according to some people on here, you only have 6 posts, therefore anything you say must be irrelevant.
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By ReyGitano
@AV_Gamer: If that was true, sure, it'd be weird, but Kane & Lynch 2 had nothing to do with this. Now, if high traffic of the Kane & Lynch review had caused Giantbomb to go broke, or somehow the review caused them to be sued and they needed money in return, that'd be something else.
GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GearDraxon
@elko84 said:
" @johnLongview said:
" @AV_Gamer said:
And if someone makes a rather silly topic, and then when people call it silly, act like it was a joke, even though their last few posts have all been in service of the idea put forth by said silly topic, they can do that too.  I think this is the central issue in the paid / non-paid issue: It's not like I paid because I'm an idiot, or wanted a badge. I hadn't posted on the forums much (if at all) before, so appearing different from other users doesn't hold much meaning for me. I paid because this is my favorite site for news on this topic, I've enjoyed their content for free for years, and several of the pay-features appeal to me. I looked at my situation, and decided it was worth it.  It's not a "con", when all of the benefits / costs are laid out for you at the outset. It's called a "business transaction". Happens all the time. "
Agree...but according to some people on here, you only have 6 posts, therefore anything you say must be irrelevant. "
So true. Don't worry, my posts' content will prove my irrelevance for me soon enough. :)
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AV_Gamer
@johnLongview: 

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. 

However, there are many people who think the opposite and they are entitled to their opinion as well.  

You say it's business, I say it's a con. Difference of opinion.

Disagree, but don't tell me I don't have a right to say it. Not cool duder.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AV_Gamer
@elko84: 

You know I've been here since before the site opened up, and even though I hardly posted on the fourms, I didn't think there was eliteism on here. 

I guess you can't avoid it on any public forum. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BraveToaster

I really don't see this "conspiracy" you're talking about.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By elko84
@AV_Gamer: Right, I mean I was around during arrow pointing down days.  Does my forum post count show that?  No, it's impossible to tell.  People get carried away with the whole forum post count and seem to think the higher their number is the more superior they are to someone else.  i said in another thread if your count is that high you either are really bored a lot or have no life.  Again, I'm here posting now because I'm bored.
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrCandleguy
@AV_Gamer said:
" @elko84:    You know I've been here since before the site opened up
Im not dissing..but how were you here BEFORE there was anything to be here at? 
typo?
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By meteora

Well, the first curse is really the blessing of the greatest thing that ever happened: GiantBomb. So your logic is kind of flawed.

GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GearDraxon
@AV_Gamer said:
" @johnLongview:   That's you opinion and you're entitled to it.   However, there are many people who think the opposite and they are entitled to their opinion as well.    You say it's business, I say it's a con. Difference of opinion.   Disagree, but don't tell me I don't have a right to say it. No cool duder. "
Still not quite there. 

I think you're trying to say "ripoff" or "a product / service not worth the money being charged." When you say "con", it's implicit that the buyer is being misled as to the actual value of the product or service. 

Why the descent into semantics? Because the choice of words is telling, when the site in question is unchanged for both groups. The entirety of the site is as it was last week, with the exception of half the Bombcast being a week later. The wiki's still there, just as editable as it was last week. I didn't suddenly gain super-mod powers. 

I feel like people on the internet get really uncomfortable when it's brought up that all of the content they consume for free is not, in fact, free to create. 

Also? I never said anything about your right to say something. I disagreed, and pointed out that that's what happens when you post in an open forum.
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MrCandleguy
@elko84 said:
" @AV_Gamer: Right, I mean I was around during arrow pointing down days.  Does my forum post count show that?  No, it's impossible to tell.  People get carried away with the whole forum post count and seem to think the higher their number is the more superior they are to someone else.  i said in another thread if your count is that high you either are really bored a lot or have no life.  Again, I'm here posting now because I'm bored. "
Do you think a way to fix that is to say put a joined date next to 'see mini bio'?
DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DeadPan

The reason we now have this subscription service stems right back to Jeff being honest about K&L 1, He annoyed alot of people and harmed advertisers helping gamespot/future sites he would be on. Thats my view anyway.

I stll respect the mans honesty even if the 8 man hours thing was an hilariously stupid thing to say

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Baillie
@elko84: Wow, totally missing the joke, but whatever. I joined in september? How do you know? I've been here since Arrow Pointing Down too. I was at gamespot a LONG time before it says on my profile as well. I don't even know why I'm talking about who signed up first? You talk about how post counts mean nothing, then rant that you've been here since inception... 

Pot, kettle, black.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AV_Gamer
@johnLongview: 

Still trying to seem self-righteous huh? 

smh  
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AV_Gamer
@Meteora: 

Well given what could happen because of the new changes to Giantbomb, I don't know... 

The crew recovered from the first game's curse, but can they recover from the second curse? 

Only time will tell.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By meteora
@AV_Gamer said:
" @Meteora:   Well given what could happen because of the new changes to Giantbomb, I don't know...   The crew recovered from the first game's curse, but can they recover from the second curse?   Only time will tell. "
Nobody had to recover anything from Kane and Lynch. Only Jeff for personal matters and Gamespot, now that a bunch of people left them after the controversy.