The Excitement of E3 Is Back!

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By LeoMinor

At least for me.  Yeah, the last couple weren't so hot, but things are looking to return to awesome this year.  The main thing of course is the return of the old format.  Booth babes, giant crowds and loud ass music.

Nintendo is almost guaranteed to show off a new Zelda for Wii.  Not only has it been almost 3 years since the last console Zelda came out, but they need something to get people excited again for the Wii.  Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Mario Galaxy and Metroid have all come and gone.  With the DSi just released, I can't see them announcing any new hardware, but I'm sure we'll see a new peripheral or two.  And maybe at last a DS Metroid game???

Then there's Sony's new rumored PSP, which I'm very interested in hearing more about and what new games are being created for it.  And they should hopefully annouce a PS3 price cut, but more than likely will just announce another new SKU that includes a huge ass hard drive for the same price as current models.

The only one of the big 3 I'm not too excited about is Microsoft and that's only because I have no idea what to expect from them.  Another Halo spin-off?  I don't think they would be crazy enough to bring out a handheld.  I guess we'll find out in a month.

Other than the big three, I look forward to the games that will be announced and the ones we already know about.  I'd like to hear more about Final Fantasy XIII, Dead Rising 2, Modern Warfare 2, The Beatles and Lego Rock Band, the next console Castlevania, Assassin's Creed 2, the two games Capcom are teasing us about, and hopefully some sort of Metal Gear announcement.

So there's a whole lot of stuff I'm looking forward to this year that gives me the excitement for E3 that I haven't had in years.  Hopefully others are just as excited.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By insanejedi

kinda want to go skiing.

*cookie to whom gets the reference other than Mattbodega*

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#3  Edited By tearhead
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By inkeiren

E3 never ceased to excite me. But maybe I'm just excitable.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I'm interested to see what the Nintendo press conference will look like.  Despite being the most successful console maker and a talented software company, their pre-E3 shows have been simply horrible the last few years.  Not unlike an obviously mismatched street brawl, I am repulsed by the scene but can't bring myself to turn away.  I'd love if they surprised me and showed off a bunch of new, exciting games, but I expect it will be more of Cammie Dunaway and Shaun White silliness.  There probably will be some sort of Mario or Zelda announcement, as well.

From Sony, I'd just like an end to all the PSP rumors.  Show what it will actually be and give us a date for release.  If it meets my (as a consumer) desires, then they'll have my money day one, if not, then it will go elsewhere.  I also expect a hard release date for FF XIII. 

I'm not expecting anything from Microsoft other than a laundry list of titles that will be in stores by Chistmas.  That's what they've been doing the last few years and it works for them financially.  It's not exciting, but it does the job of getting the USAToday and Good Morning, America crowd informed about games they should buy their children and friends this holiday season.

Oh, and lets not forget booth babes are back.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By super_machine

The last time I got excited about E3 was the one before RE4 came out. Two years ago wasnt that bad for Sony IMO. It was the event that made me think twice about the PS3, the price drop sealed the deal.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gmanall

I want to see more hardware at this point. Onlive should be there and the new PSP may be there and if Microsoft is going to announce any games for there new Zune then it will be there.